4.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad - Season 1 DVD review
Published on Jan. 21 2010 by Otello Santini

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaking bad season one
Some episodes deserve 5 stars others 1 star. The subject is intense and new. It just lacks a good continuity. It took a while to finish the first season since I never new if I would be blown away or bored watching!
Published on April 2 2012 by D. Rioux

4.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad - Season 1 DVD review, Jan. 21 2010
Otello Santini "Otello" (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
One of the - if not THE - best show on cable TV. This is a phenomenal show start to finish, everything from the concept, the writing, the cinematography, heck even the music compositions and soundtrack is awesome. My only beef with it is, and a minor at that, is the fact that are only 7 episodes. When Season 1 was filmed it was the year of the infamous Writers Guild Strike and of course it affected a lot of network shows (see: 24 season 6, brutal) so it falls short in that perspective but an otherwise flawless show. Also, the extras and trailers are a nice bonus. I'm very picky with the shows I watch but if you're a big fan of Dexter, The Wire, LOST, Weeds then I highly recommended Breaking Bad and can't wait for season 3 to start in March '10!

5.0 out of 5 stars The start of one of the very best series of all time, Nov. 18 2013
K. Gordon - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
What can be said about this spectacular saga that hasn't been said before? One of the very
few series that competes with the best films in history for achievement in cinematic storytelling.
Like a great novel slowly unfolding, it's funny, heartbreaking, incredibly tense, deeply disturbing.

A nebbishy high-school science teacher finds he has lung cancer, so becomes a meth dealer to
make money for his family before his death. Often visually stunning, with a breathtaking
performance by Brian Cranston in the lead, and great work from all the supporting roles,
this portrait of a man's decent into hell couldn't be much better, and it just grows darker and
more disturbing each year.

In a way, thematically it recalls "The Godfather I and II" in how that epic charts Michael's journey
from innocence to darkness, along with the moral murkiness of the endless drive for money
and success - how we lose ourselves, so that succeeding and having ever more becomes an
end in itself for which we will pay any price, rather than a route to happiness, trapping us in a
game we can never win.

It may take a few episodes to get into, in this first season there was a lot of groundwork to lay,
but you oweit to yourself to try. This is powerful, important and utterly enthralling stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!, Dec 14 2010
Like most people I know that are aware of this show, they found it and OD'd on it, watching basically the entire series in a short period of time. It's a great show, the writing is solid, the acting is amazing and the premise is the most original thing to happen to TV in a long time.

The good:
-Every episode with a few little things that weren't aired in the original episodes (overall, most episodes are pretty close to what aired, very few bad words, only one nude scene that I can recall)
-Cast commentary provides insight into the characters and production of the show.
-Lots of other extras including screen tests for the actors, a photo gallery, cast interviews and behind the scenes features.

The Bad:
-Maybe I am a cheap individual, but I still feel like the price is a bit much for basically 7 episodes (it premiered during the year of the writers strike). I know there are extras and the show is really great, but come on. I honestly think this should be priced at or just under $20.
-No outtakes. I wish every show released on DVD had outtakes. I find them endlessly entertaining. Minor point and really my own preference, but I figured I would throw that in for those that are like me.

It's a pretty good set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Television doesn't get any better, Nov. 24 2009
Len (Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Chemistry gets lung cancer. He's living on a lousy teacher's salary. His wife in pregnant and doesn't work. His son is mildly handicapped. How's he going to provide a legacy? What are they going to live on should he die? He'll use his skills in chemistry to make crystal meth. How evil is that? Where's the line between right and wrong. How does a teacher relate used to the rules of regular life adapt to the do or die rules of the underworld. The contrasts are fantastic. His partner in crime, a former student still calls him Mr. White. How good is that? "Weeds" on cocaine. Very addictive.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am told it is great!, Sept. 25 2014
Daniel Fournier "daniel fournier" (Stettler alberta canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
this was actually a gift for my friend that I live with, being blind myself, it is sometime hard to follow a tv show and so on. but I can say that my friend just love it. he laugh a lot. but if someone blind read this, let me tell you that this is not the best one to follow without sight, some jokes are audio, but most is very visual. but my friend told me some of the scene, and I would not have imagine that at all, but I did listen to each episode that my friend watch and it is okk. My friend would say, it is great. as soon as he finish this one I will get him the number 2 for sure. that is all I can really say. thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad Season 1, Nov. 17 2013
This review is from: Breaking Bad: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français) (Blu-ray)
I Absolutely fell in love with this show. I decided to buy all seasons 1-4 in one shot, this show is addictive. One of the greatest t.v shows of the 21st Century. The season that started it all... Walter White (Aka: Heisenberg), Jesse, Hank, Walter Jr. (Flynn).. All Lovable characters. Looks amazing on Blu Ray!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad, Oct. 23 2013
This was such an awesome series I felt by ordering one season at a time would be the best way to review the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth watching!, July 1 2013
This is a weird story about a seemingly every day kind man. He has a nice family with attractive bright wife, a slighlty handicapped son and a baby on the way.

He is a teacher with chip on his shoulder who gets terminal cancer and feels a great need to get together enough money to keep his family after he is dead. Being a chemistry teacher he finds that he can make extremely pure coccaine ------ and thus begins the road down! Lots of great characters and lovely acting.

Sounds weird but I'd definitely worth watching. Watch a few episodes and you'll be hooked right in there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Chemistry!, July 15 2009
Matthew J. K. Ellis (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Absolutely over the top! Intense drama, comedy, stinging social commentary. Wonderfully drawn, sympathetic characters at odds with people and obstacles that will rezonate with just about everyone. This is a whole different Brian Cranston with a real, struggling family and an almost unparalleled convergence of circumstances that lead him to essentially violate his entire ethical worldview. Oh, and how crazy and fun it all is. I can't wait for the second season!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14 2014
Like a new, fast delevery

Breaking Bad: The Complete First Season  [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 30.99 CDN$ 22.34