Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 18, 2013
What can be said about this spectacular saga that hasn't been said before? One of the very
few series that competes with the best films in history for achievement in cinematic storytelling.
Like a great novel slowly unfolding, it's funny, heartbreaking, incredibly tense, deeply disturbing.

A nebbishy high-school science teacher finds he has lung cancer, so becomes a meth dealer to
make money for his family before his death. Often visually stunning, with a breathtaking
performance by Brian Cranston in the lead, and great work from all the supporting roles,
this portrait of a man's decent into hell couldn't be much better, and it just grows darker and
more disturbing each year.

In a way, thematically it recalls "The Godfather I and II" in how that epic charts Michael's journey
from innocence to darkness, along with the moral murkiness of the endless drive for money
and success - how we lose ourselves, so that succeeding and having ever more becomes an
end in itself for which we will pay any price, rather than a route to happiness, trapping us in a
game we can never win.

It may take a few episodes to get into, in this first season there was a lot of groundwork to lay,
but you oweit to yourself to try. This is powerful, important and utterly enthralling stuff.
on December 14, 2010
Like most people I know that are aware of this show, they found it and OD'd on it, watching basically the entire series in a short period of time. It's a great show, the writing is solid, the acting is amazing and the premise is the most original thing to happen to TV in a long time.

The good:
-Every episode with a few little things that weren't aired in the original episodes (overall, most episodes are pretty close to what aired, very few bad words, only one nude scene that I can recall)
-Cast commentary provides insight into the characters and production of the show.
-Lots of other extras including screen tests for the actors, a photo gallery, cast interviews and behind the scenes features.

The Bad:
-Maybe I am a cheap individual, but I still feel like the price is a bit much for basically 7 episodes (it premiered during the year of the writers strike). I know there are extras and the show is really great, but come on. I honestly think this should be priced at or just under $20.
-No outtakes. I wish every show released on DVD had outtakes. I find them endlessly entertaining. Minor point and really my own preference, but I figured I would throw that in for those that are like me.

It's a pretty good set.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 24, 2009
Chemistry gets lung cancer. He's living on a lousy teacher's salary. His wife in pregnant and doesn't work. His son is mildly handicapped. How's he going to provide a legacy? What are they going to live on should he die? He'll use his skills in chemistry to make crystal meth. How evil is that? Where's the line between right and wrong. How does a teacher relate used to the rules of regular life adapt to the do or die rules of the underworld. The contrasts are fantastic. His partner in crime, a former student still calls him Mr. White. How good is that? "Weeds" on cocaine. Very addictive.
on July 1, 2013
This is a weird story about a seemingly every day kind man. He has a nice family with attractive bright wife, a slighlty handicapped son and a baby on the way.

He is a teacher with chip on his shoulder who gets terminal cancer and feels a great need to get together enough money to keep his family after he is dead. Being a chemistry teacher he finds that he can make extremely pure coccaine ------ and thus begins the road down! Lots of great characters and lovely acting.

Sounds weird but I'd definitely worth watching. Watch a few episodes and you'll be hooked right in there!
on November 17, 2013
I Absolutely fell in love with this show. I decided to buy all seasons 1-4 in one shot, this show is addictive. One of the greatest t.v shows of the 21st Century. The season that started it all... Walter White (Aka: Heisenberg), Jesse, Hank, Walter Jr. (Flynn).. All Lovable characters. Looks amazing on Blu Ray!
on May 17, 2013
Without a doubt the best show on TV. The first episode started a little slow but you needed that to build up to what the show is about. Its a look at what the human spirit will do for the people they love and Walter White (the main character played by Bryan Cranston) is very undaunted by his decisions. Add Jesse Pinkman (protrayed by the very talented Aaron Paul) into the mix and by the end of the season you have a show that will send you racing to buy season 2 and so on. Its not for children at all, but its very entertaining for adults. If you haven't seen it then I strongly recommend you buy it because its something you'll want to watch again!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
this was actually a gift for my friend that I live with, being blind myself, it is sometime hard to follow a tv show and so on. but I can say that my friend just love it. he laugh a lot. but if someone blind read this, let me tell you that this is not the best one to follow without sight, some jokes are audio, but most is very visual. but my friend told me some of the scene, and I would not have imagine that at all, but I did listen to each episode that my friend watch and it is okk. My friend would say, it is great. as soon as he finish this one I will get him the number 2 for sure. that is all I can really say. thank you
on October 23, 2013
This was such an awesome series I felt by ordering one season at a time would be the best way to review the whole series.
on August 8, 2013
I had heard things about the show but nothing other than "It's good. You will like it". I was not sure but at $15 I was willing to take a gamble. Glad I did. Devoured the show and immediately got the next three season...devoured them as well.

Well acted, well written. Great timing. Just an excellent series.
on December 30, 2011
Season one is too short! But it's the beginning of the train ride that won't stop. Insanely good. I watched all 4 seasons one episode after the other recently and cannot WAIT for season 5. I bought this DVD for a few people this year to get them addicted. They can look after getting the rest themselves! They'll sure want to.