5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this CD. Seriously. Right now.
If you are even slightly considering buying this CD, do it. Mumford and Sons have such an awesome folksy-down-home sound with undertones of a tamer version Flogging Molly. The guys are all down to earth and so humble about their obvious awesomeness. The lyrics in their songs are meaningful and passionate. It puts J.Biebs and Ke$ha to shame. Real, honest, amazing music.
Published on Jan. 20 2011 by Emily Mackinnon

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy LP
Side A has horrible sibilance, and is almost unlistenable. Side B is much better in terms of sibilance, but all the good tracks are on side A. Major bummer.
Published 22 months ago by Stephen McCracken

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this CD. Seriously. Right now., Jan. 20 2011
Emily Mackinnon (Halifax, NS, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, Nov. 22 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Audio CD)
It's been a while since I have been so crazy about a band. This album is definitely my favourite of 2010. If you are looking for something different and absolutely beautiful sounding - this is the album for you. Just listen to The Cave, and if you're not in love then I don't know what to say. If you ever have a chance to see them live, you must. I saw them recently and I don't have words to describe how great they were. I never thought it was possible to have chills throughout a whole concert. I love these guys. If you're looking for other great Mumford & Sons songs, just look on youtube and I'm sure you'll be impressed (Liar, To Darkness, Lover of the Light, etc).

Mumford and Sons, in my opinion, are the best band to come out of the UK in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, Jan. 10 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Audio CD)
Loved this Cd it is a little more folk sounding than I expected having only heard 'Little lion man' before buying it. After listening to the album all the way through have to say it's one of my favorite albums of the year!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is intense, Aug. 28 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Audio CD)
I bought "Sigh No More" a week ago, based on hearing the title song on the sound system at a local music store. This CD absolutely smokes! Mumford & Sons are an amazing marriage of the immediacy of folk music, the energy of rock, and the relentless drive of bluegrass. The anthemic quality of some of the music is beautifully complemented (and softened) by the flawless harmonies of the vocals. The lyrics do not always rhyme, but they always fit. It feels like they just couldn't afford to take the time to find a rhyme, because the words just had to get OUT! The music is beautifully melodic, with a plethora of briliant hooks, and enough minor chords to make the sound profoundly moving. The relentless rhythm of the banjo (banjo??) pulls the music to conclusions that are brilliant, but leave you wanting more. I have hit repeat on songs on this CD more often than I have on any recent purchase.
Absolutely fabulous. The best thing I have heard so far this year. Buy two copies, and give one to a friend. We need to make these guys so successful that they have no choice but to make more music.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BIG SEA - MOVE OVER !, Sept. 22 2010
Frederic White "FredEric White" (Montreal, QC.) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Audio CD)
Mumford & Sons is a folk rock band formed in 2007 and rose out of the emerging UK folk scene. They are heavily inspired by a wide range of folk rock acts who dominated the charts in the early 1970s.

The band's debut album, Sigh No More, was released in the UK in the fall of 2009, and in the early spring of 2010 in North America.
With an addictively naive bar band approach to orchestration, they are currently the darlings of the UK's music elite.

The material on this release will instantly command the attention of the North American public at large while conjuring up a wide gamut of musical comparisons to such artists as GREAT BIG SEA, THE NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND and even to a degree CAT STEVENS.

Even if their label desperately wants to draw up parallels to CSNY - upon this release they do not constantly demonstrate the same harmonious devotion to vocal synchronization as did CSNY.

The sole song that truly does mirror the sound of CSNY is the track "TIMSHEL" while
the tracks "AFTER THE STORM" & "THE CAVE" have a definite 1970s Cat Stevens vibe.

Mumford & Sons is more of "good-time" & "male bonding" band - and there is nothing wrong with that.
They currently defy all musical odds and trends by being unique and quirky.
Such is the case with the introduction of the mandolin into several of their folk rock compositions!

The tracks recorded upon this release are musically sculpted & geared towards encouraging the non "metro sexual" male to become inspired & to get up and dance to uptempo songs that reflect the carefree atmosphere of a local pub.

MUMFORD & SONS are a true feel good band with the ideal musical product to inspire and promote "male bonding" & "beer drinking".

BEST TRACKS:

THE CAVE
AFTER THE STORM

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt Folk Rock, Dec 13 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Audio CD)
"Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons contains musical tracks that blend elements of indie rock and folk. I was intrigued to obtain this collection because of the musical tracks and videos of "The Cave" and "Little Lion Man." I have frequently heard both of them on the radio and at first was very neutral about "Little Lion Man". However, "Little Lion Man" eventually grew on me the more that I heard it. This collection contains songs that are soul stirring, and these are among some of the ones that resonated with me:
"I Gave You ALL": A great song about how the singer poured out his heart with intensity.
"Awake My Soul": This seems to be about being exposed to situations that ignite the spirit, and increase the fire in a soul.
"Winterwinds": "Winterwinds" appears to be a message about what happens when following the heart.
"Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons is great to get for the many who like to listen to folk rock and/or indie rock music.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply awesome, July 22 2010
Evan36 (Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Audio CD)
My sister recommended these guys and the second I started listening I was hooked. Nothing I can say will do this justice, but I WILL say that I was listening at work (terrible idea) and all I wanted to do was run out of the building to go have fun (they frown on the running away part here). Check them out on youtube if you're not sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Feb. 9 2014
Luc M - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Vinyl) (LP Record)
Nothing new here , but fun music to hear and groove too. The guys are a tight bunch and these are tight and , I believe , highly crafted works. Some of these songs stay in your mind. Considering this is basic blue grass , an achievement.
Nice going boys.

Cheers
LM

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Jan. 14 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Vinyl) (LP Record)
Great album. Sounds even better on Vinyl. Highly recommended for any vinyl junkies like myself. Good price as well. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite, Nov. 21 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Sigh No More (Audio CD)
The best compilations of songs in an album that I've listened to. I like this one better than Babel. They made me like bluegrass.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Sigh No More
Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons (Audio CD - 2010)
Click for more info