Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Sigh No More
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$11.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 20, 2011
If you are even slightly considering buying this CD, do it. Mumford and Sons have such an awesome folksy-down-home sound with undertones of a tamer version Flogging Molly. The guys are all down to earth and so humble about their obvious awesomeness. The lyrics in their songs are meaningful and passionate. It puts J.Biebs and Ke$ha to shame. Real, honest, amazing music.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
"Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons contains musical tracks that blend elements of indie rock and folk. I was intrigued to obtain this collection because of the musical tracks and videos of "The Cave" and "Little Lion Man." I have frequently heard both of them on the radio and at first was very neutral about "Little Lion Man". However, "Little Lion Man" eventually grew on me the more that I heard it. This collection contains songs that are soul stirring, and these are among some of the ones that resonated with me:
"I Gave You ALL": A great song about how the singer poured out his heart with intensity.
"Awake My Soul": This seems to be about being exposed to situations that ignite the spirit, and increase the fire in a soul.
"Winterwinds": "Winterwinds" appears to be a message about what happens when following the heart.
"Sigh No More" by Mumford & Sons is great to get for the many who like to listen to folk rock and/or indie rock music.
on November 22, 2010
It's been a while since I have been so crazy about a band. This album is definitely my favourite of 2010. If you are looking for something different and absolutely beautiful sounding - this is the album for you. Just listen to The Cave, and if you're not in love then I don't know what to say. If you ever have a chance to see them live, you must. I saw them recently and I don't have words to describe how great they were. I never thought it was possible to have chills throughout a whole concert. I love these guys. If you're looking for other great Mumford & Sons songs, just look on youtube and I'm sure you'll be impressed (Liar, To Darkness, Lover of the Light, etc).

Mumford and Sons, in my opinion, are the best band to come out of the UK in a long time.
on January 10, 2011
Loved this Cd it is a little more folk sounding than I expected having only heard 'Little lion man' before buying it. After listening to the album all the way through have to say it's one of my favorite albums of the year!!
on August 28, 2010
I bought "Sigh No More" a week ago, based on hearing the title song on the sound system at a local music store. This CD absolutely smokes! Mumford & Sons are an amazing marriage of the immediacy of folk music, the energy of rock, and the relentless drive of bluegrass. The anthemic quality of some of the music is beautifully complemented (and softened) by the flawless harmonies of the vocals. The lyrics do not always rhyme, but they always fit. It feels like they just couldn't afford to take the time to find a rhyme, because the words just had to get OUT! The music is beautifully melodic, with a plethora of briliant hooks, and enough minor chords to make the sound profoundly moving. The relentless rhythm of the banjo (banjo??) pulls the music to conclusions that are brilliant, but leave you wanting more. I have hit repeat on songs on this CD more often than I have on any recent purchase.
Absolutely fabulous. The best thing I have heard so far this year. Buy two copies, and give one to a friend. We need to make these guys so successful that they have no choice but to make more music.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I did something very '90s the other day. Went over the record store and bought 7 copies of "Babel", Mumford and Son's most recent cd to give to friends and family over the holidays. The young woman at the cash register (do we use this term anymore... I am a bit old I think...) said that she really enjoyed this album and understood why I wanted to give it away, but she also said that she was wondering if she should buy the first cd, "Sigh No More". I think she asked in a friendly way, to humour the individual in front of her who, by all indications, could have been her father... but my answer was a resounding "Yes"! Buy the first CD, by all means.

"Sigh No More" is, at its heart, a set of beautifully written songs that carry shades of Scripture, echoes of Steinbech and morsels of Shakespeare. My son gave me this cd, trying to make me listen to something else, apart from what his old man always had playing in his car. It worked. I listen to lyrics and sloppy words, inaccurate poetry or otherwise shoddy songwriting turn me completely off. "Sigh No More" is an important reminder that lyrics are still important and wonderful ways to express the questions, thoughts and feelings that haunt us.

The cd is also an incredible incursion into folk rock. The songs really move! I had never liked the banjo and had basically written off many bands who played it. Here, the banjo is omnipresent and absolutely wonderful.

Incredibly thoughtful music, enough to touch heart, soul and mind.

I am not sure whether the young woman at the counter bought the cd or not, but will certainly ask next time I do the '90s thing and go out to buy a cd.
on February 26, 2012
What made me buy Mumford & Sons debut album exactly ? Well, I don't know exactly. I was very attracted, for an unknown reason, by the album sleeve... Strange isn't it ? It was as if it was saying to me : «Come on mate, have a listen ! Buy this album !» Then I went to listen to samples on the net, heard «Little Lion Man», and the lyrics in the chorus hit me right between the eyes. Then the harmonies, the intensity, the musicianship... The title track prepares you for what is going to happen for the next 50 minutes or so... «The Cave» is a good song, but they raise the level with «Winter Winds» and «Roll Away Your Stone». By the time we get to the beautiful «White Blank Page» the mood changes almost drastically with great songs like «I Gave You All» and «Timshel», only to culminate with the extraordinary «Thistle & Weeds», the best track of the album, in my opinion. The following songs «Awake My Soul», and «Dust Bowl Dance» are good album closers, especially «After The Storm», the final song, that sums up the whole feel of the album.
on September 22, 2010
Mumford & Sons is a folk rock band formed in 2007 and rose out of the emerging UK folk scene. They are heavily inspired by a wide range of folk rock acts who dominated the charts in the early 1970s.

The band's debut album, Sigh No More, was released in the UK in the fall of 2009, and in the early spring of 2010 in North America.
With an addictively naive bar band approach to orchestration, they are currently the darlings of the UK's music elite.

The material on this release will instantly command the attention of the North American public at large while conjuring up a wide gamut of musical comparisons to such artists as GREAT BIG SEA, THE NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND and even to a degree CAT STEVENS.

Even if their label desperately wants to draw up parallels to CSNY - upon this release they do not constantly demonstrate the same harmonious devotion to vocal synchronization as did CSNY.

The sole song that truly does mirror the sound of CSNY is the track "TIMSHEL" while
the tracks "AFTER THE STORM" & "THE CAVE" have a definite 1970s Cat Stevens vibe.

Mumford & Sons is more of "good-time" & "male bonding" band - and there is nothing wrong with that.
They currently defy all musical odds and trends by being unique and quirky.
Such is the case with the introduction of the mandolin into several of their folk rock compositions!

The tracks recorded upon this release are musically sculpted & geared towards encouraging the non "metro sexual" male to become inspired & to get up and dance to uptempo songs that reflect the carefree atmosphere of a local pub.

MUMFORD & SONS are a true feel good band with the ideal musical product to inspire and promote "male bonding" & "beer drinking".

BEST TRACKS:

ROLL AWAY YOUR STONE
THE CAVE
AFTER THE STORM
on March 22, 2011
I love this CD. I first say Mumford & Sons perform at the 2011 Grammy Awards, they stole the show. I had to buy the CD. If you like celtic style alternative music, you must buy this CD. AWESOME!
on December 2, 2011
Everything was really great ! the album ! the quality ! the speed of the delivery ! thanks and can'T wait for their next album !