5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational every time I hear it
Published on March 2 2010 by D. V. Gustafson

1.0 out of 5 stars Give Me A Break
This song was so overplayed that I can't stand it now. The first few times I heard it I found it very typical for this style of vanilla songwriting. It was really lame that not only was it lip synched by the singer during the broadcast, but she lip synched the national anthem too. Give me a break.
Published on March 29 2010 by Duff

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational every time I hear it, March 2 2010
D. V. Gustafson "lover of the Olympics" (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
I absolutely love "I Believe" and its artist. I think Canada did well to choose a lesser known Canadian artist to sing it - it just would not have been the same had they chosen Celine Dion, k.d. lang, etc. I find it totally inspiring and loved when they played the song and showed video afte each of our medal wins. I will enjoy the CD for many, many years ... each time, remembering the accomplishments of our athletes (medal or not) and the power "I Believe" had in the Olympics. It was well-written and well-performed. Way to go!

Vicky D.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rebuttle - GO NIKKI - GO CANADA !, Feb. 15 2010
STAN (Ajax, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
Whew - that was some review Matthew Biederman.

The first time I heard that song on the radio, not knowing it was the Olympic song, I was impressed. Nikki's voice is strong and passionate and the song is masterly crafted.

The CTV is also using it very very well. I have just watched the coverage of Alexandre Bilodeau's gold medal, where they used the vocal version while showing shots of him & his brother. It was very moving and effective.

Nikki is a very genuine young lady, whose clear and commanding voice are matched beautifully to the unfolding events at the olympics, where all these other genuine and hard working young people are exhibiting their talents for the world to see.

Perhaps you should turn off your spinal-tap records and come out of your mothers basement and greet the world.

I rated only 4 because, frankly, I haven't heard the whole thing, Just Nikki.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Voice and Catchy Tune, Feb. 15 2010
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
I love the song and I can't understand how anybody could be so negative about it. It is a very catchy tune and "believe" seems to be the theme of this year's olympics. I believe, do you? As for anybody who can be so negative, don't listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Believe CD rocks!, March 30 2010
Teresa P. Gomes (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
Excellent CD! Many days after the Olympics my children and I listen to it each time we get in the car.
Great way to keep the wonderful memories of Vancouver 2010!

5.0 out of 5 stars I BELIEVE (CTV VANCOUVER 2010), Oct. 20 2011
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
AN EXCELLANT CD WITH ALL THE WORDS AND MUSIC OF THE OLYMPICS. ESPECIALLY THE SONG "I BELIEVE" THIS WOMAN SURE KNOWS HOW TO SING. I RECOMMEND THIS CD TO EVERYONE AS A KEEPSAKE AND WHO WANT A MOMENTO OF THE 2010 OLYMPICS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vancouver 2010 #1 Smash Hit By Nicki Yanofsky, March 19 2010
BJ (Camlachie, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
I bought this cd because I really liked the way that Nicki sang that song. Somebody should give this girl a recording contract as an upcoming singer if they haven't already. She is a very special girl that has a very powerful voice and I wish her all the best and the other reason I bought the cd is because I wanted to put it with all of the 2010 Olympic things and articles I have as a souvenier that Canada is GOLD!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Give Me A Break, March 29 2010
Duff (toronto, ontario Canada) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars blah, Feb. 15 2010
Grahame Davis - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
I think this song is incredibly annoying as well. I hit the mute button every time it comes on television. Also what she did with the National Anthem at the opening ceremony was atrocious.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst. song. ever., Feb. 11 2010
Matthew Biederman "one who listens" (Montreal, QC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
How could anyone possibly think this song would inspire the Canadian athletes? It's simply a saccharin lullaby. I'm so sad that as i cheer on all the Canadian athletes this year that I will be subjected to this song over and over and over again. I may just end up wearing out the mute button on my remote control. PS - Nikki, stop singing like Celine Dion - one is enough and we thought you knew better than this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please make it stop, Feb. 18 2010
T. Low (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) (Audio CD)
First, this does not sound like a song, it sounds like a commercial, so I'm puzzled while people are so crazy about it. Ms. Yanofsky is a reasonably skilled young singer, but she's an adolescent girl and sounds like one -- her Voice is sharp and high pitched and really grates on the nerves the 100th time you have heard the song. CTV is playing this song into the ground (actually, they are playing only a few seconds of it, which is worse). Unfortunately, I've heard it so much it's always in my head, but not in the good way. I can't recall a song that has annoyed me so much in recent years.

CTV, if you want to have a "theme" for the games, choose an instrumental piece and something a lot less corny and piercing. (Incidentally, in the opening ceremonies, the contrasts of Ms. Yanofsky's sharp, overwrought vocals with k.d. lang's rich, mature, and controlled performance, highlighted why I tend to prefer singers who have had the time to really build their skills. Running up and down the scales is just not neccessary. They call her a "jazz phenom" but I have no idea why because she sounds more like she's trying to emulate modern soul singers).

At this point, I change the channel the second this annoyance comes on. Sadly, I think I'll have an aversion to this girl's voice for life when really she's not that bad. The song, though, is lousy. Way to go CTV.

I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010)
I Believe (CTV Vancouver 2010) by Stephan Moccio (Audio CD - 2010)