5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the Worst movie ive Ever seen
Got dragged to this movie. Never saw the first movie... i thought ok let's see what all the hype is about... half way thru i was in awwwe... i couldn't believe a movie so bad was in a theater... the movie, the plot, the acting... Everything was the worst id ever seen... it was so bad I actually thought it was a joke, like the theater played a high school play version of...
Published 4 days ago by Cliff

1.0 out of 5 stars New mooning
Teen Romance = True Luv. Breaking up with your True Luv is a fate worse than death. Months-long depression and suicide are valid responses to being dumped.

At least that seems to be the underlying message of the second Twilight Saga movie, "New Moon," which is effectively a teen-angst version of "Romeo and Juliet," but with more werewolves and less suicide...
Published on May 16 2010 by E. A Solinas

5.0 out of 5 stars Twilight New Moon Loved it, Jan. 14 2013
Linda Gagne - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twilight Saga: New Moon / La saga Twilight: Tentation (2-Disc Special Edition) (Bilingual) (DVD)
Love the series. Love the storyline. Not crazy about Kristen Stewart as an actrice. Like vampire stories. Enjoyed this movie
Loved the storyline of the Series. Enjoyed all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I ordered, Jan. 2 2013
Product was exactly as I ordered, it was just a little bit slower arriving that I had anticipated, so I was a bit disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Moon dvd, Oct. 17 2012
I paid very little for this used dvd from DiscX and had no issues with it. The only thing I noticed is that delivery took longer than ordering brand new direct from Amazon but was still delivered within the time stated. Would order from them again as long as not in a rush to receive. The price was great.

3.0 out of 5 stars "New Moon" Review..., Feb. 25 2010
Sylvie Lacroix "Sly" (Northern Ontario, CANADA) - See all my reviews
I find myself very amused with Amazon.ca Product Description by Ellen A. Kim and the Review by Tracie Cooper, All Movie Guide. Both are very just descriptions of the movie. I am sure that most 'tween and 'teen Twihard (try saying that three times fast!) girls probably won't agree.

Let me start by saying, I read all the books. Liked the first one, loved the second and third, HATED the fourth. I took 5 days to read the first three and FOUR MONTHS to read the last book. Meyer took the vampire genre and took a dump all over it...But that is for another time. Movie review time (at least you now know where I stand).

I liked the first "Twilight" film. I admit it. Hardwicke's vision was great. The characters seem to be slowly coming into their roles. I was hoping that in "New Moon", they would fully be comfortable in their character's skins. Some did, some didn't.

Stewart is a pretty girl. But if she bit her lip any more than she did, I was sure it would fall off. She is far too, (oh, what's a good word?), uh, emotionless? I know that your vampire loving stalking off to Europe to brood over your impossible love is very heartbreaking. But, really, a little smile once and a while won't break your face. Even better if you could not mumble all the time. Speak up, sweetie.

Pattison. Really good looking. Plays Edward like an Emo Teenager (don't get me wrong, I love emo music) and I find the character (not the actor) really hard to fall for. The whole "I-love-you-but-I-will-crush-your-little-heart-and-completely-and-utterly-destroy-you-because-we-can-NEVER-be-together-because-I-am-a-vampire-and-you-are-mortal-OH-WOE!" (runs off like an emo b----, uh, getting off track) is getting pretty tiresome. Pattison is a great actor. I hope people will not base their entire opinion on him because of this role. There's more to him than just Edward.

Jacob! Our little boy who grew and grew to become an testosterone driven werewolf! Lautner worked damn hard to keep his role. DAMN hard. And it paid off. The character loves Bella, Jeebus knows why. But he f-ing loves her. His scenes were my favourite. I didn't even flinch when all the Twihard girls burst into fits of giggles and cheers and fainting spells when he hit the screen. Shirtless. I found myself smiling. The movie was no longer boring once that King Jacob arrived in Movieland. (I guess you can say I'm on Team Jacob...) Lautner is really coming into his own. Jacob is his. He is Jacob. 'nuff said.

The plot...Vampire parts were really boring. Werewolf parts were really cool. Volturi? Not enough. I know there is more to happen in the next two (possibly three) films but, a bit more would have been awesome. The Cullen scenes were boring. Too much Edward in a movie that is based off a book that had very little Edward. The whole point is that the viewer is suppose to miss him as much as Bella does. I didn't get a chance to miss him. The book was better in this aspect.

I know that Jacob spent lots of time sans shirt. Is anyone complaining? I'm not. The werewolves were nice to look at. (I know Lautner is underage, shut up)

Overall, Hardwicke's movie was darker and fit the mood of the first movie really well and Weitz did well with what he had to work with. Visually, the effects are pretty cool. The acting is a bit better. But implanting more Edward time? Not too great.

I am sure that Twihards will buy this no matter what. Older crowds looking for a real vampire movie can skip this one. You wanna see werewolves and a teenage supernatural love triangle? Rent this one before buying.

I've seen it. And I think that it could have been better. *shrug* I might buy it just to have it sit next to Twilight but, meh. Not a high priority.

Let's see what they do with Eclipse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the book...(and I'm NO teenager!), May 23 2010
Paulette (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
I was hoping the Twilight movies wouldn't be just a jumble of special effects like many of the movies now and was so thrilled watching the 2 movies that I watched them both in one sitting! There's enough special effects to 'wow' you and plenty of story to get lost in. DVD was in excellent condition, arrived quickly and for sure is something I'll watch over and over. and as I said...I'm NO teenager!!! Brings me back to the days of Dark Shadows!!!!! Wow!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Come on!!! It's New Moon!!!, April 15 2010
Mireille Jaillet (New Brunswick Canada) - See all my reviews
Of course, this movie is by far much better that the first film of the franchise, both in a cinematography sense and the writing. The acting is amazing, far improved from the first. Kristen Steward has obviously given her all to this role, much more impressive than in the first film where she was a bubbling idiot.
Overall, I truly enjoyed this film, no negative rating at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, even better than expected, Oct. 16 2010
Of all four books, this was the one that I enjoyed the least, with Breaking Dawn being the ultimate of course. That being said, I really didn't have expectations of the movie, and was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed it - it seemed to be more fast-paced than the book. Good action. Good adaptation of book - if you liked the book, you'll like the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most awesomeness, April 16 2010
Mark Clark "Zoe Clark" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This is my favourite book out of the series. The story lines are so close to the book, some movies you watch are like watching a different story from the book but this one is amazing, the only thing they do is cut out a few details, which I suppose you would have to or it would be a 10 hour movie but I cant wait for the next one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 8 2014
Loved It!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Twilight Saga New Moon, April 13 2010
What can I say? A Grandma who's grandson got her hooked into the Twilight books and movies. Not even an old girl can say no to a good love story, although I will say the books are better than the movies so far. But it's certainly worth a watch over and over again, buy one!

Twilight Saga: New Moon / La saga Twilight: Tentation  (2-Disc Special Edition) (Bilingual)
CDN$ 12.99 CDN$ 7.49