5.0 out of 5 stars Seperations...sometimes it's part of the process
Lots of people maybe did not love this moving because they found it depressing. I loved it! What they went through, most of us have gone through it at least once in a life time. Unless you never had to get to experience a really intense romance...A real true love romance. When a movie can bring you back to your own painful memories and realize you lived through it and...
Published 10 months ago by J. Chiasson

2.0 out of 5 stars yike! what wooden performance
I would give this movie a 2 out of 5. 2 is for the special effect and nothing else. I think the casting of the stewart girl was a mistake. She may be good looking but she cannot act worth a #@%!. She would be great as a robot though - no emotion whatsoever.
Published on Nov. 29 2010 by syfyfan

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I ordered, Jan. 2 2013
Product was exactly as I ordered, it was just a little bit slower arriving that I had anticipated, so I was a bit disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Moon dvd, Oct. 17 2012
I paid very little for this used dvd from DiscX and had no issues with it. The only thing I noticed is that delivery took longer than ordering brand new direct from Amazon but was still delivered within the time stated. Would order from them again as long as not in a rush to receive. The price was great.

3.0 out of 5 stars "New Moon" Review..., Feb. 25 2010
Sylvie Lacroix "Sly" (Northern Ontario, CANADA) - See all my reviews
I find myself very amused with Amazon.ca Product Description by Ellen A. Kim and the Review by Tracie Cooper, All Movie Guide. Both are very just descriptions of the movie. I am sure that most 'tween and 'teen Twihard (try saying that three times fast!) girls probably won't agree.

Let me start by saying, I read all the books. Liked the first one, loved the second and third, HATED the fourth. I took 5 days to read the first three and FOUR MONTHS to read the last book. Meyer took the vampire genre and took a dump all over it...But that is for another time. Movie review time (at least you now know where I stand).

I liked the first "Twilight" film. I admit it. Hardwicke's vision was great. The characters seem to be slowly coming into their roles. I was hoping that in "New Moon", they would fully be comfortable in their character's skins. Some did, some didn't.

Stewart is a pretty girl. But if she bit her lip any more than she did, I was sure it would fall off. She is far too, (oh, what's a good word?), uh, emotionless? I know that your vampire loving stalking off to Europe to brood over your impossible love is very heartbreaking. But, really, a little smile once and a while won't break your face. Even better if you could not mumble all the time. Speak up, sweetie.

Pattison. Really good looking. Plays Edward like an Emo Teenager (don't get me wrong, I love emo music) and I find the character (not the actor) really hard to fall for. The whole "I-love-you-but-I-will-crush-your-little-heart-and-completely-and-utterly-destroy-you-because-we-can-NEVER-be-together-because-I-am-a-vampire-and-you-are-mortal-OH-WOE!" (runs off like an emo b----, uh, getting off track) is getting pretty tiresome. Pattison is a great actor. I hope people will not base their entire opinion on him because of this role. There's more to him than just Edward.

Jacob! Our little boy who grew and grew to become an testosterone driven werewolf! Lautner worked damn hard to keep his role. DAMN hard. And it paid off. The character loves Bella, Jeebus knows why. But he f-ing loves her. His scenes were my favourite. I didn't even flinch when all the Twihard girls burst into fits of giggles and cheers and fainting spells when he hit the screen. Shirtless. I found myself smiling. The movie was no longer boring once that King Jacob arrived in Movieland. (I guess you can say I'm on Team Jacob...) Lautner is really coming into his own. Jacob is his. He is Jacob. 'nuff said.

The plot...Vampire parts were really boring. Werewolf parts were really cool. Volturi? Not enough. I know there is more to happen in the next two (possibly three) films but, a bit more would have been awesome. The Cullen scenes were boring. Too much Edward in a movie that is based off a book that had very little Edward. The whole point is that the viewer is suppose to miss him as much as Bella does. I didn't get a chance to miss him. The book was better in this aspect.

I know that Jacob spent lots of time sans shirt. Is anyone complaining? I'm not. The werewolves were nice to look at. (I know Lautner is underage, shut up)

Overall, Hardwicke's movie was darker and fit the mood of the first movie really well and Weitz did well with what he had to work with. Visually, the effects are pretty cool. The acting is a bit better. But implanting more Edward time? Not too great.

I am sure that Twihards will buy this no matter what. Older crowds looking for a real vampire movie can skip this one. You wanna see werewolves and a teenage supernatural love triangle? Rent this one before buying.

I've seen it. And I think that it could have been better. *shrug* I might buy it just to have it sit next to Twilight but, meh. Not a high priority.

Let's see what they do with Eclipse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fidèle au poste..., March 23 2012
niniproe (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
J'aime beaucoup cette série. Pour tout ceux qui aiment les histoires d'amour avec les vampires, ce dvd est pour vous!

5.0 out of 5 stars New Moon is awesome!!, May 13 2011
you need to see twilight for this movie to make sense, spectacular special effects, scenery and of course the continuing love story between Bella & Edward and bella's friendship with Jacob.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, Feb. 8 2011
Mayieve (Toronto, CAN) - See all my reviews
I hate to say it, but I cry every time I read or watch New moon. I loved how they introduced a lot more special effects and action. Yes, the movie derived from the book a little, but so does so many movies. A must for any twilight fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it, Nov. 28 2010
Love it soo much and I'm glad it's a dvd and not a vhs tape or it wouldn't be able to play anymore!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, even better than expected, Oct. 16 2010
This review is from: Twilight Saga: New Moon [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
Of all four books, this was the one that I enjoyed the least, with Breaking Dawn being the ultimate of course. That being said, I really didn't have expectations of the movie, and was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed it - it seemed to be more fast-paced than the book. Good action. Good adaptation of book - if you liked the book, you'll like the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the book...(and I'm NO teenager!), May 23 2010
Paulette (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
I was hoping the Twilight movies wouldn't be just a jumble of special effects like many of the movies now and was so thrilled watching the 2 movies that I watched them both in one sitting! There's enough special effects to 'wow' you and plenty of story to get lost in. DVD was in excellent condition, arrived quickly and for sure is something I'll watch over and over. and as I said...I'm NO teenager!!! Brings me back to the days of Dark Shadows!!!!! Wow!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, May 12 2010
Carolyn Somerville (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twilight Saga: New Moon [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
A decent adaptation of the book - nothing can compare to the book but this comes pretty close. A must see for any fan of the Twilight series.

Twilight Saga: New Moon [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Twilight Saga: New Moon [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) by Chris Weitz (Blu-ray - 2010)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 7.94