summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

I regularly buy cheap HDMI cables, and often the plug covers are loose if not poorly made, where these ones were on par with regular brands you would buy in a store.

Not tight fitting, it clips just fine as expected, it's been running between my PS3 and my Bravia 52 TV for month, no issue with any blurays or games, even with Avatar... I recommend definitely this brand and seller (fast shipping, got it 5 or 6 days after ordering)
on January 9, 2011
First of all, yes, most HDMI cables are ridiculously overpriced. It's a scam.

However, this cheap ones do have their drawbacks.

I found them to be fine for a single direct connection with a display, but ran into problems when running them into a receiver (brand new Sony) then out again into the display.

The Xbox seemed to handle it OK, but the PS3 and the LG bluray player both got 'sparklies', pops and flashes both audibly and visually, indicating that data is being lost. If you look at the wikipedia page on HDMI, you can see that this is an established phenomenon with sub-par cables.

I just wish that there were cables that found a happy medium... around the $10 - $20 price point perhaps.

Caveat emptor.
on March 20, 2010
I actually bought a $50 cable from the Home Depot and then returned it after consulting amazon and being absolutely blown away by the price difference. In terms of functionality, this is fantastic. I actually use my laptop for video-conferencing and now I can hook up my 52" LCD. Also, with this cable, I can use my laptop as my DVD and media player of choice!!! Great Product, Great Price.
on April 30, 2011
A few months back I had a cable give me trouble on my system so i figured i would just replace all 4 . The GT MAX cables are inexpensive and in hindsight i should have gotten more. I saw no point in paying to ship just one cable and have to wait , as these cables come from California. I have been around audio all my life and i do not believe for one second that the expensive cables give a better picture. It has been proven time and again by well know experts on the internet that as long as the cable is under a certain length they will perform just fine.
There is too much hype about cables imho to try and get more of our money. These cables fit snug when connected, they are quite supple and work as well as any cable i have purchased over the past 5 years , and for about 1/10th the price. Do not be fooled by all the hype, the big stores make very little profit on the flat panel tv's, thus they upsell the accessories to increase their profit margin.

Buy with confidence.
on November 9, 2010
I own a >$100 HDMI cable and I can't tell the difference between the quality when compared against this one - Too bad I didn't think to search amazon the first time!
on January 22, 2014
The cables I received did not have the nice red sections on the connectors - they were all black. Nonetheless, I have been using them for more than a year now and have had no problems whatsoever. Performance and durability are just as good as those very expensive brand names!
on November 10, 2009
It's 1.3 compliant and it works. Thats really all you need for a HDMI cable. Dont pay crazy amount of money for other HDMI cables, you will not notice any improvement in sound/video.
on January 19, 2014
I've had this HDMI cable for almost 2 years and it still works great. It gets frequently unplugged and switched between a laptop and a blu-ray player and so far no damage from use. I would definitely recommend this product as it works well and costs a fraction of what one would pay for a similar product at a big box retailer.
on June 10, 2011
The features advertised are the features of a 1.4 hdmi cable (Supports 3D TV- Audio Return Channel - 4Kx2K - 1440p) , however the cable they send you is hdmi 1.3. This is misleading to the consumer.
on October 24, 2010
I bought it to be used for connecting laptops to my tv which means it's going to be connected/reconnected a lot. Feels like a good quality cable and I'm not worried about it breaking down.