4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal at price
Purchased for $599. Full featured, real SLR for that price is impressive. Vendors are trying to drive the entry levle SLR price up (priced at T4i lately?) so get em while you can.

Published on Oct. 22 2012 by jkimball

1.0 out of 5 stars Way over priced.
This camera is way over priced. The exact body and lens together are usually priced at $899CDN brand new. I purchased mine on sale for $799. It is a fantastic camera but this is a ridiculous price tag.
Published on May 8 2011 by Seth Vyn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal at price, Oct. 22 2012
This review is from: Canon 4462B004 EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens (Black) (Camera)

Pros: pretty light, small. Great photos, rear screen very nice, has mic input, can take full res stills during video recording, very fast startup and shutter respsone (shutter priority). Hugely popular so lots of accessories, aftermarket batteries, even firmware! Will be supported for a long time.

Cons: video mode stuck at 720p@60 or 180p@30. Hello 720p@30 is a great choice!? why waste space.
Included lens can auto focus or with a switch manual focus but it cant auto then let you fine tune it. This is an issue with video - you have to switch the lens to Manual, well, manually each time you do video then switch it back if you want to take still pictures. Also an issue when the only 9 focus points are wrong and you want to change the focus - can't, stuck in auto.

overall: a great deal for a well respected camera that will server for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Camera, June 27 2014
I have been wanting this camera since I saw and read it's review on the cameralabs.com website ([...]). I finally decided to buy one in October of last year, and I upgraded the lens to a Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. Since the T2i is an older model now I got it for an excellent price too only $350 CND. Love everything about the camera so far. Great features, good handling, great HD movie quality, and when paired with the f/2.8 lens it takes amazing low-light shots.

My teenage daughter is showing an interest in photography now so I might end up handing this camera down to her, and upgrade to the Canon 7D. But I would highly recommend this camera to anyone who is looking to buy their first DSLR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners., Nov. 5 2013
Brett Mugford - See all my reviews
This is the DSLR I use and I love it. It a very affordable DSLR and is easy for anyone to use. Pictures turn out very good HD quality. Video quality is also excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars great price, fast shipping, May 24 2013
Although I am sure it will take me a year or more to get the feel of all the great features of this camera, I am sure it will last me quite a few years given my reasons for wanting it (just to use to document life). The basic features are really user friendly and accessible- the screen is perfect size and the quality of video is amazing!

Only negatives for me is the weight of the camera can get tiresome on the arm and my grip seems to get awkward with the way the camera is shaped.
Also in video mode, you have to zoom and focus before starting and then that focus & zoom is pretty much how it will be during the entire video (or so I believe. There may be a way around this, but I haven't done much research). So it can get a little tricky as my main character of the video is a toddler who is running around.

5.0 out of 5 stars my first camera, April 1 2013
I love my camera, works perfectly. Frankly speaking, it took a while to understand how it function, but now - no problem at all. Recommend to everybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars good camera, March 19 2013
nice camera
good price easy tooo use , well worth the money for this unit
why do i need too write so much

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, Feb. 23 2013
We are very pleased with this product. The picture quality is amazing. It is very easy to use and rather light-weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality pics, easy to use camera., Jan. 27 2013
I bought this camera for my vacation to Hawaii and for upcoming weddings. This is my first DSLR and ive had no previous experience handling other brands or models. My previous camera was an Olympus digital camera (2006) and I rarely ever used it. This review is for a Canon T2i purchased spur-of-the-moment as an Amazon.ca Boxing Day deal (2012) for $404.47 after tax and shipping. Item came brand new as described. Shipping was faster than expected.

The camera was very easy to use. Most importantly the picture quality was great, easy to review shots on a large hi-def screen. Does not have the swingout display offered by the T3i & T4i, but did not miss it, certainly for me the $$ savings was a great trade-off. The preset modes were great for all occasions and the manual modes were fun to discover with adjusting buttons found in ergonomically sound places on the camera body. The camera was very comfortable in the hand and hanging around the neck as it was not too big and had a good weight.

Purchased a Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (no regrets) and found that action shots were quick to capture, not noticing any significant delays between shots. Battery life was long, did not have to worry about recharging until after 2 days of heavy use. The kit lense was also problem free, and the zoom adjustment and auto focus toggle was easy to use.

Conclusion: Great camera, fun and easy to use, got great pics of my vacation. Very satisfied with my purchase and will enjoy it for years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Rebel T2i, Jan. 27 2013
Very happy with the T2i. The camera met all my expectations with good battery life in line with Canon ongoing built quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, Jan. 27 2013
I bought this camera for Boxing Day Lightening Deal. I got a very good deal for Cad. 349/- plus taxes. I was looking for DSLR and had been reading the reviews. I think it was a steal for the price. Thank you Amazon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›