4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal at price
Purchased for $599. Full featured, real SLR for that price is impressive. Vendors are trying to drive the entry levle SLR price up (priced at T4i lately?) so get em while you can.

Published on Oct. 22 2012 by jkimball

1.0 out of 5 stars Way over priced.
This camera is way over priced. The exact body and lens together are usually priced at $899CDN brand new. I purchased mine on sale for $799. It is a fantastic camera but this is a ridiculous price tag.
Published on May 8 2011 by Seth Vyn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal at price, Oct. 22 2012
This review is from: Canon 4462B004 EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens (Black) (Camera)

Pros: pretty light, small. Great photos, rear screen very nice, has mic input, can take full res stills during video recording, very fast startup and shutter respsone (shutter priority). Hugely popular so lots of accessories, aftermarket batteries, even firmware! Will be supported for a long time.

Cons: video mode stuck at 720p@60 or 180p@30. Hello 720p@30 is a great choice!? why waste space.
Included lens can auto focus or with a switch manual focus but it cant auto then let you fine tune it. This is an issue with video - you have to switch the lens to Manual, well, manually each time you do video then switch it back if you want to take still pictures. Also an issue when the only 9 focus points are wrong and you want to change the focus - can't, stuck in auto.

overall: a great deal for a well respected camera that will server for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality pics, easy to use camera., Jan. 27 2013
I bought this camera for my vacation to Hawaii and for upcoming weddings. This is my first DSLR and ive had no previous experience handling other brands or models. My previous camera was an Olympus digital camera (2006) and I rarely ever used it. This review is for a Canon T2i purchased spur-of-the-moment as an Amazon.ca Boxing Day deal (2012) for $404.47 after tax and shipping. Item came brand new as described. Shipping was faster than expected.

The camera was very easy to use. Most importantly the picture quality was great, easy to review shots on a large hi-def screen. Does not have the swingout display offered by the T3i & T4i, but did not miss it, certainly for me the $$ savings was a great trade-off. The preset modes were great for all occasions and the manual modes were fun to discover with adjusting buttons found in ergonomically sound places on the camera body. The camera was very comfortable in the hand and hanging around the neck as it was not too big and had a good weight.

Purchased a Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (no regrets) and found that action shots were quick to capture, not noticing any significant delays between shots. Battery life was long, did not have to worry about recharging until after 2 days of heavy use. The kit lense was also problem free, and the zoom adjustment and auto focus toggle was easy to use.

Conclusion: Great camera, fun and easy to use, got great pics of my vacation. Very satisfied with my purchase and will enjoy it for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars great price, fast shipping, May 24 2013
Although I am sure it will take me a year or more to get the feel of all the great features of this camera, I am sure it will last me quite a few years given my reasons for wanting it (just to use to document life). The basic features are really user friendly and accessible- the screen is perfect size and the quality of video is amazing!

Only negatives for me is the weight of the camera can get tiresome on the arm and my grip seems to get awkward with the way the camera is shaped.
Also in video mode, you have to zoom and focus before starting and then that focus & zoom is pretty much how it will be during the entire video (or so I believe. There may be a way around this, but I haven't done much research). So it can get a little tricky as my main character of the video is a toddler who is running around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera review, Jan. 27 2013
Bought this camera to replace a Nikon d80 which is a full automatic camera, My Son bought the very same camera (Canon t1i), The speed of the flash is just outstanding, especially when taking pictures of grand child, on many occasions my Son and myself were taking pictures and I just could not match the speed he had with the flash, he would get great pictures, but with my flash being so slow I was always missing the best pictures due to how long it took to focus and flash to fire, what ever composition I worked out by the time I wanted to take the picture it was too late.. With this camera you press the button and bang the flash fires immediately just like the olld 35MM camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this camera, Jan. 27 2013
I purchased this on a gold box deal for $349 and for that price it's one of the best buys I've ever made. The 18-55 kit lens isn't great but works fine outdoors with good light. Was disappointed with high noise in low light so I picked up the 50mm, 1.8 lens and that is great. I also installed Magic Lantern which gave it pretty amazing video capabilities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality of photos, Jan. 23 2013
Still getting familiar with the camera. So far I really like it, however I find the manual has really small print and is difficult to read. Excellent quality photo's which is what I was looking for and when I get to know the camera a little better I am sure that I may have even rated it higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, Jan. 27 2013
I bought this camera for Boxing Day Lightening Deal. I got a very good deal for Cad. 349/- plus taxes. I was looking for DSLR and had been reading the reviews. I think it was a steal for the price. Thank you Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, June 30 2015
What a deal, what a great camera. We never go anywhere without it. We are not professionals by any strecth of the imagination however we have had some fabulous shots with this simple to use camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners., Nov. 5 2013
Brett Mugford - See all my reviews
This is the DSLR I use and I love it. It a very affordable DSLR and is easy for anyone to use. Pictures turn out very good HD quality. Video quality is also excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, Jan. 28 2011
bruno braga (brazil) - See all my reviews
delivery on time.
product new and in good conditions, as promised, despite a little malfunction in the memory card insertion device.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›