4.0 out of 5 stars Good Features
Published on Dec 28 2010 by Johanna McKee

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!
I babied this camera and then received error code E32 right after the warranty expired. Canon does not stand behind their products. Canon wants $110 just to open it up. Consider Canon a disposable camera product and your expectations will be met!
Published 19 months ago by Dr. Quality

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!, Jan. 22 2013
Dr. Quality (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PowerShot SD1400IS 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver) (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Features, Dec 28 2010
No mention was made about including a storage card so I bought one from amazon at the same time (an 8G). I also ordered a case and additional batteries. Bundling these items with the camera would be a good idea. The 14M size allows lots of cropping without losing much detail and the zoom feature is excellent. I have another full featured editor/storage software so I didn't use Canon's software. The camera is a lot smaller than my old one which I love but your fingers feel crowded on the smaller buttons. My pictures and HD videos are finely detailed and easy to take. An excellent purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great anf fun camera, though not without it's flaws, March 15 2011
I got this camera to replace an SD750 with a dying screen, and I'm quite happy I did. The main thing I was looking forwards to was the IS, which I did not have in my old camera. I must say, this camera is great compared to my old one for low light. Where the SD750 would create a blurry mess, the SD1400 creates a perfectly sharp image! The movie capabilities for this camera are also phenomenal for a camera of this price point. At 720p, the movies look crisp and sharp. The overall design of this is a step above the competition, as this camera offers a metal body and a very slim profile. One thing I hadn't liked, but doesn't matter much, is that Canon switched making compact cameras to in China as opposed to Japan. While this isn't automatically bad, it's a bit less reassuring that a Japan-made camera. One issue I had with this pressing the buttons on the main d-pad. It's just a bit too small and recessed to make it easy, so I have to use my fingernails to get them. Also, the shutter takes just a while longer to finish taking a picture (not the shutter time, but the time it takes to hear it get ready for the next shot) is for some reason slower than my old SD750, but it's not a large problem. All in all, this is a great camera. I've been a canon customer for years and I don't see my business going elsewhere for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, slightly questionable quality, April 7 2011
M. Romic "OLMMark" (Vancouver, BC CAN) - See all my reviews
I've been a Canon camera guy for a while now and when I needed another point-and-shoot cam, I liked everything about this one. Almost everything on the camera is fantastic, both the video and picture quality are great. My only critique is around the quality of the components that make up the camera. Compared to my last SD750, the zoom button feels much different and cheaper. Aside from that, I love the camera, everything's been great so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Present, Jan. 31 2011
My son loves the camera and has been using it religiously. He has been producing a video log on YouTube about his time with Katimavik. The picture quality is outstanding from what I see in his vlog. He walks and talks to the camera with a minimum of vivbration. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an easy to use high quality camera at a reasonable price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty lens on this camera, Jan. 20 2011
I purchased this camera in June. In September I was using the camera when the lens jammed with an error message and would not close. I sent it back to Canon and they replaced the whole camera. 2 months later the lens will not open all the way now and will shut the camera down with the same lens error. I have a friend with the same camera and she is having the same issues. I would reccommend to NOT buy this camera, it is junk!

1.0 out of 5 stars Retour coûteux, Jan. 14 2011
Mon commentaire ne concerne pas le produit acheté. Il concerne les "frais" relatif au remboursement.

Après avoir changer d'idée, j'ai contacté le vendeur Priced Great qui s'avère être Marketplace en fait (ce que j'ignorais au début). Dans ce cas, la politique de retour est différente et est "gérée" directement par Marketplace.

Après les avoir contacté et après avoir accepté la raison de mon retour Marketplace m'a envoyé par courriel les documents nécessaires au retour via UPS. Je n'ai rien eu à payer à ce moment. Mais ATTENTION !

Je viens tout juste de recevoir un courriel me confirmant le remboursement. - SURPRISE - Priced Great ou Marketplace je ne sais plus trop me rembourse 152.10$ sur les 178.48$ que j'ai payé.

Pourquoi cette différence ? En fouillant un peu j'ai compris que les frais de retour (26.38$) m'ont en fait été facturé !!!

Premièrement, je ne savais pas que je devais payer des frais de retour. Dans la correspondance que nous avons eue il n'y en a pas été question.

Et deuxièmement, pourquoi me forcer à utiliser les services de UPS si c'est moi qui dois payer les frais de retour ?

C'était la première fois que j'achetais sur Amazone.ca et c'est sans doute la DERNIÈRE FOIS ...