Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on December 28, 2010
No mention was made about including a storage card so I bought one from amazon at the same time (an 8G). I also ordered a case and additional batteries. Bundling these items with the camera would be a good idea. The 14M size allows lots of cropping without losing much detail and the zoom feature is excellent. I have another full featured editor/storage software so I didn't use Canon's software. The camera is a lot smaller than my old one which I love but your fingers feel crowded on the smaller buttons. My pictures and HD videos are finely detailed and easy to take. An excellent purchase!
on March 15, 2011
I got this camera to replace an SD750 with a dying screen, and I'm quite happy I did. The main thing I was looking forwards to was the IS, which I did not have in my old camera. I must say, this camera is great compared to my old one for low light. Where the SD750 would create a blurry mess, the SD1400 creates a perfectly sharp image! The movie capabilities for this camera are also phenomenal for a camera of this price point. At 720p, the movies look crisp and sharp. The overall design of this is a step above the competition, as this camera offers a metal body and a very slim profile. One thing I hadn't liked, but doesn't matter much, is that Canon switched making compact cameras to in China as opposed to Japan. While this isn't automatically bad, it's a bit less reassuring that a Japan-made camera. One issue I had with this pressing the buttons on the main d-pad. It's just a bit too small and recessed to make it easy, so I have to use my fingernails to get them. Also, the shutter takes just a while longer to finish taking a picture (not the shutter time, but the time it takes to hear it get ready for the next shot) is for some reason slower than my old SD750, but it's not a large problem. All in all, this is a great camera. I've been a canon customer for years and I don't see my business going elsewhere for a long time.
on May 21, 2015
I purchased this camera 5 years ago and enjoyed it tremendously particularly because of its size (fits nicely in all my small purses) and elegant look. However, the lens is now reacting, I get an error message, the camera shuts off, and this is the end of my taking photos with it. I have just ordered a newer model (PowerShot ELPH 300 HS) and I will keep you posted :-)
on February 8, 2011
The camera is so tiny, feels good in hand and looks great. Image quality is very good. (not comparable to my DSLR though, which is expectable)
Extremely fast and full of features (tons of shooting modes) there is even a smile detector mode! (useless but cool), there is no manual control of shutter speed and aperture, but you can control the exposure.

I highly recommend it, it an amazing camera especially if you get on on sale. service sucks, I bought the item on the 25 of December 2010 and I got it on February 2011 after more than a month. After I bought it I got a massage saying " I'll receive it at most on the middle of January" then I got another email saying the shipment has been delayed for another 15 days. I called Amazon customer service many times but they had no idea bout what was going on. They basically re-read what's written on my "your Account" information. I bought it on boxing day when it was on sale everywhere after the unexpected delay the camera price went high everywhere, therefore I didn't cancel the order. If I knew that it would have taken all that time to arrive I would've never bought it from Amazon.
on March 8, 2011
This Canon camera is slick, and fun to play with. The features may take a bit to get use to, and had little difficulties trying to figure out which features to use to get a shot without it being blurry.

Overall, I am happy with this product, but I was very disappointed on how long it took to get to my doorstep. This item said it was available and was suppose to be at my door within two week, but took a month an a half. Amazon offered me a free 1-day shipping to compensate for my wait, but was useless because they decided to ship it out on a friday and the camera got stuck at a depot and sat there for the entire weekend.
on April 7, 2011
I've been a Canon camera guy for a while now and when I needed another point-and-shoot cam, I liked everything about this one. Almost everything on the camera is fantastic, both the video and picture quality are great. My only critique is around the quality of the components that make up the camera. Compared to my last SD750, the zoom button feels much different and cheaper. Aside from that, I love the camera, everything's been great so far.
on January 31, 2011
My son loves the camera and has been using it religiously. He has been producing a video log on YouTube about his time with Katimavik. The picture quality is outstanding from what I see in his vlog. He walks and talks to the camera with a minimum of vivbration. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an easy to use high quality camera at a reasonable price.
on January 22, 2013
I babied this camera and then received error code E32 right after the warranty expired. Canon does not stand behind their products. Canon wants $110 just to open it up. Consider Canon a disposable camera product and your expectations will be met!
on February 7, 2011
Very good camera. It's fast, user friendly, and takes great quality pictures. I wish it came with an SD card to start us off though, besides that it's a great camera
on February 28, 2015
Love this camera. It's easy to use and takes great photos and video. Nice and small for my purse.