summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: DVD|Change

on April 29, 2010
Wasn't sure what to expect from Astro Boy. My 6 year boy just loved it and has watched it over and over again. I cried a couple of times as the story pulls at your heart strings. Whether you're a boy or a robot, we all need love... especially from your parent(s).
on March 4, 2011
I hadn't heard of Astro Boy before this movie, but apparently it's popular somewhere ' was even a TV series.

Astro Boy the movie is a computer-animated movie about a robot kid. The movie has a dark tone similar to Wall-E, where humans abuse the environment and are complacent about their comfortable life style. Robots are self-aware but are predictably treated as inanimate objects. The movie's about the kid robot acceptance AS a robot and his place in society.

My nine year old daughter enjoyed it, but she found some scenes a bit intense: intense action, characters in dire situations, and uncomfortable moments for characters.

Roger Ebert thought Astro Boy was better than Kung-Fu Panda, but I disagree: Kung Fu Panda was funny, exciting, and thoughtful. Astro Boy wasn't funny and not too original. Astro Boy's interaction with the other kids and his dilemma about being different (i.e. his robot-ness) was interesting and well done, but it was the only thing that engaged me. The action scenes were too over-whelming, like most action movies these days (although the scene in the stadium where Astro Boy has to combat other robots was cool).

Astro Boy fans may like this (I don't know any) and kids will enjoy the robot-side of things, but adults may just find this ho-hum.
on August 17, 2012
I think this was the fastest online order I've ever received!! DVD quality is awesome, overall just a superb experience!
on June 5, 2016
Good CGI adaptation of the comic.