countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on April 24, 2016
And incredible series that takes the viewer on a long and engaging trip across 4 seasons with many twists and turns. You will feel completely spent by the end but it will be well worth it.

The collection of the entire Battlestar Galactica series in one box is in fact all of previously released seasons in their original packaging and then housed into a box. The only thing I could criticize is that they could have made a new package to house all of the discs and somehow make the size smaller.
on December 15, 2012
Although my set is exactly as pictured in the product info, from reading the reviews, there are a couple of differences I feel I should point out.
1. Mine does include a book listing which episodes and special features are on which disc. Many reviewers said they didn't get one. I did. There is one small inconsistency in it - the booklet and the disc's own labels call "Razor" disc 1 of season 4. But when the Razor disc is in your drive, it will show up as Razor. The disc that the book and label call season 4 disc 2, will show up in your drive as season 4 disc 1. The disc labelled season 4 disc 3 will show up as season 4 disc 2.
2. My set does not include The Plan. Some here say theirs did. Mine didn't.
I bought my set in November 2012, if that makes any difference to anyone regarding the above differences.
These issues aside, it's BSG. It looks and sounds awesome, and is one of the all-time great series. This is the first series I've ever bought on any medium, and I've been around since Beta.
on September 21, 2014
Being a fan of Post Apocalyptic Science fiction I was curious about BSG, I was looking for something different than your average wasteland, or Zombie outbreak scenario. And BSG definitely delivers.
There is not a moment in this series where you will find yourself bored or disappointed. There are elements of nearly every genre of science fiction in which everyone can enjoy. The plot and story line are unique and well thought out. The actors do a fantastic job at playing their roles. This series is filled with emotion, action, and constantly makes you question everything. It leaves you guessing at times and it never fails to disappoint the viewer.
on July 13, 2010
Just an FYI that in this box both THE PLAN and RAZOR are included. While RAZOR has its own packaging, THE PLAN is weirdly just in the case for Season Four Disc One, though there is no indication of this on the sleeve at all. So, rest assured, it's all here folks. Just very strangely presented.
on April 7, 2010
I just recieved this item in the mail (oh happy day!) and I just wanted to clear up some confusion re: what's in it. It has the mini series, complete seasons 1-4, The Plan and Razor, both extended. The packaging is very traditional: each season in a set, then all 4 sets + the plan in a large cover. Very functional. Each season package lists what is on each disk, but the disks themselves do not. Lots of blu-ray only features that I'm only starting to understand. Very exciting stuff.
on June 19, 2015
This series is great. I bought it on DVD initially, but this Blu Ray edition really shines. No bum discs for me. I docked a star because it is quite grainy in some scenes, as other reviewers mentioned, but this is fairly infrequent. Nevertheless, the series itself is some of the best sci-fi out there. I haven't watched any of the special features yet.

If you haven't watched the series before, DO NOT read the booklet that comes with the series, there are some major spoilers contained in the character descriptions and episode summaries.

Note: My set included "Razor", but not "The Plan".
on September 7, 2009
Anyone that is a fan will love the Blu-ray quality and features. I only have 2 small complaints. First, there is no guide to what is on each disc, unless this was just missing from mine. Unless you have a table of contents from your DVDs you will have to have a good memory if you want to track down a specific episode. 2nd, I personally don't like having to slide the discs out of the awkward sleeves in this special boxed set - the potential for scratching is too great. I'm tempted to stick the Blu-rays in my DVD cases.
on April 9, 2010
I'd like to begin by pointing out that the other reviews for this title are for the original release of BSG on Blu-Ray and not this particular release. As a result, I will lay out the major differences:

-This set includes the TV Movie "The Plan" while the other does not
-This set contains the individually packaged Blu-Ray seasons within the box, with a guide to determine which episodes are on which disc

This show is perhaps one of the greatest shows of the Aughties, and is worthy of preservation. I'm currently on my 3rd go around (first in 1080p though haha).
on September 7, 2009
I recently upgraded my DVD BSG collection to Blu-Ray with the purchase of this product. This review is more about the Blu-Ray version than the series itself (which I consider to be top-notch.) As expected, the picture and sound quality is excellent. This is the series as it was meant to be seen. My quibbles are more with the packaging of the Blu-Ray material as there are small annoyances which detract from the whole. Like many others, I would prefer to have an paper episode list. Also an annoyance is the storage of the disks themselves. The packaging makes it difficult to get at the individual disks. I find myself turning the whole season package upside down and shaking to get one out. I would have preferred something similar to the DVD seasons where each disk is in its own plastic space. The cardboad slot method in the Blu-Ray is clumsy, and to me, a scratched disk waiting to happen. For the price, I would have expected a bit more in the quality of packaging and presentation.
on June 27, 2015
Only watched season 1 online before buying the whole series. Absolutely loved the series. One of the best sci-fi series I've ever watched. Packaging is good, The seasons are in cases, each disk in its own slot (NOT paper sleeves). Very happy I got it on sale.