1,147 Reviews
 (1,082)

4.0 out of 5 stars Top-notch television, grounded before its time.
If you're not a science fiction fan, you may be looking at the endless string of rapturous reviews for "Firefly" and rolling your eyes. While "Firefly" certainly doesn't lack in geek appeal, its sharp writing, excellent cast and often-striking visual style elevate it into the ranks of Just Plain Great Television. After a somewhat bumpy start, this series found its groove...
Published on Oct. 14 2003 by Nathan Alderman

2.0 out of 5 stars Price Discrepancy
Don't get my wrong, I love, love, love this series! I would love to buy this series but I have limited funds. It makes me very annoyed that the very same DVD series is being sold on Amazon.com for $12.99. I am so tired of Canadians being ripped off. I won't buy this on principal. As a matter of fact, that is why I rarely buy on Amazon.ca.
Published 1 month ago by Misha

5.0 out of 5 stars Firefly DVD, Feb. 6 2014
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
came just as advertised; arrived on time and in perfect condition. Love the series (wish there were more seasons), fun to watch the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Early death of a fine series., Feb. 3 2014
A different look at Sci-fi adventures, where you can imagine the life of ordinary people in the future. Elements were being laid down for a good development, but sadly it did not happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, Jan. 30 2014
CaLEAFornia (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
Unfortunate this series did not run longer, and perhaps a sequel to the movie Serenity would have been great as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Jan. 29 2014
Aquarius Lady (New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
Loved that series and was so happy to get to have the complete set to watch again when I feel like it. I can't belive it only ran for 1 season, it was such a great series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Duh., Jan. 27 2014
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
Of course I'm giving it 5 stars. It's the best show ever. Now that I have it on DVD, I can prove to even more people how perfect it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firefly: The Complete Series (blu-ray) (Bilingual), Jan. 25 2014
Excellente série. Très satisfait.
Dommage qu'il n'y ait qu'une seule saison.
Je suis particulièrement preneur de série BILINGUE plutôt qu'en anglais seulement.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Sc-Fi Series, Jan. 21 2014
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
I loved the series wen it was on TV, and now I can watch re-runs anytime I like. Too bad there are so few episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars a new type of sci-fi, Jan. 21 2014
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
This is a grittier version of future history. The series is/was well thought out. I missed seeing it on tv and am truly sorry for it. An under appreciated series, convincing acting and good story lines. It really deserved to have more seasons

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Show Ever, Jan. 15 2014
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
Twelve years later and Firefly is still my favourite show.
No power in the 'verse can stop this show from being totally awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Jan. 5 2014
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
I loved this show! It was fresh, unique, and wonderfully written. The actors/actresses chosen were wonderful and right from the beginning there was cohesion! When this series was cancelled, I cancelled my cable. I haven't had cable in decades. My main reason was the endless, careless ways they trashed shows. Who wants to read a book to have someone come along and rip out the last chapters? No-one. So, why allow tv shows to be ripped to shreds endlessly because of bad ratings.

Let the shows wrap up nicely. If it takes 5 episodes to wrap up, let them have 5 episodes.

They wonder why cable sales have been dropping over the years. I am curious how many others after their favorite shows were cancelled said "ENOUGH!" and stopped subscribing to cable.

In all fairness... they allowed a movie to be made which I don't think has ever happened before... maybe "The Peace Keepers Wars" was the only other exception I am aware of.

ARRAY(0xa2d75c9c)

Firefly: The Complete Series
Firefly: The Complete Series by Nathan Fillion (DVD - 2010)
CDN$ 37.98 CDN$ 29.99