5.0 out of 5 stars Cool little gadget
Have my Laptop and xbox hooked up to it and it works great. Have not tried the remote because it auto-switches. Was a bit confused because it has a dc power input but the product does not need a power supply and a plug was not supplied with it. I am very happy with this gadget so far.
Published on May 22 2011 by A W De La Espriella

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy gaget, but be aware.
Published on Dec 21 2011 by Gguy55

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy gaget, but be aware., Dec 21 2011
This review is from: EnjoyGadgets 3-Port HDMI Switch (Switcher Selector), 3 In 1 Out, Support 3D, Remote Control, Auto Switching, 1080p (Electronics)
I was looking for an inexpensive switch to get three inputs to one output for my TV. This gadget seemed to fit the bill, so I ordered it. It came in about a week, no problems. The only problem that I had is that it comes with an infrared remote and receiver but it doesn't work unless you connect a 4.5 volt power supply to the switch, which is not included. I checked the product description and yes, it doesn't say that it comes with the adapter, so buyer beware. I happened to have a spare adapter and got the product to work fine with the remote now. Just a reminder to read the fine print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool little gadget, May 22 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Switcher, Feb. 5 2012
This HDMI switcher arrived within days of my order and worked perfectly. It switches automatically when I turn on my blu-ray player and then switches back to my satellite PVR when the blu-ray player is turned off. Even though it came with a remote, I don't think that I will ever use that, no need to. Don't hesitate to order this if your HD TV only has one HDMI port, works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works great, Dec 14 2010
Works great, but it doesn't come with any kind of manual that tells you anything. It doesn't need one, other than to tell you a power adapter is unecessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, Jan. 27 2011
Works great, as advertised. No manual, but one is not needed. Plug it in, uncover the battery in the remote, and it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations by a leap, Dec 5 2013
Based on the price, I expected this thing to be junk. It's NOT. Knowing I was about to get a PS4, and that I was out of HDMI ports on my TV, I ordered this switch because it was cheap enough for a roll of the dice. I'm using it to connect my Apple TV and a gaming PC to my television. I've not tried using any HDCP devices with it.

Once I switch to the source it's plugged into, I'll turn on one of those boxes, and the box will automatically switch to whatever turned on. If I'm watching Apple TV, or just leaving it idle to go to sleep, and I turn the PC on, it automatically switches to the PC. I guess as soon as it detects something coming out of a source, it jumps to it. I'm totally okay with that and think it's great, but I imagine someone might not be.

The included remote and IR sensor work perfectly. I just wish I remembered which ports were in use by what, because if everything's on and we're trying to switch between sources, we usually just end up jamming on all the buttons.

If I had one complaint about this product, it's that the always-on LED light is incredibly bright. I've got it covered with cloth tape, so I don't notice it anymore, but on our first night with it, our living room was completely illuminated blue. It was quite a sight.

I remember looking into buying something like this when I bought an HDTV in 2008, and I couldn't find anything cheaper than $200. This little magic box is my dreams come true. Without it, I'd have had to kick my Wii U down to component cables, and that would have been a crime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, Dec 16 2012
Ben P. Robertson "Djangoboy" (Windsor, Nova Scotia) - See all my reviews
This low cost device is very handy for those whose Hi Def TVs are configured with insufficient HDMI inputs. I have three devices (DVR, BluRay player, and Apple TV) and only two inputs. The switcher gets around this nicely. In fact, it eliminates one problem that always driven me crazy - my technically challenged wife could never seem to remember how to switch inputs through the remote control, because it required correctly using a multifunction remote (yes, I know that a smart universal remote might address this, but I'm sure she would find a way to screw that up as well). With the port switcher, these is no more confusion about which function to use or which port is in use - it is right there in front of you.

The switcher works well for the most part. The automatic switching function gets confused by the standby mode of some devices, so we can't completely rely on that. Occasionally it does not respond to the remote until the button has been pressed two or three times. In a pinch, you can always walk over to the switch and change ports using the Select button on the device.

Some reviewers have said that you need a power supply (not provided) to make the remote work. NOT TRUE! It works fine without. I got this from EnjoyGadgets support (who responded very quickly to my query): "The 5V DC port is reserved for some HDMI sources that are not fully complaint to HDMI standards, such as some HD DVRs (for example, DirecTV and Bell ExpressVu)."

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully Functional and Better Made Than Expected, July 11 2012
Decided it would be easier to purchase a HDMI switch for my computer monitor instead of constantly disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI wire to different devices. Went looking and found this one right away. After reading the many good reviews, I decided to purchase it.

It was shipped and received much quicker than I expected. The ports are very stable and well built, so it isn't like your HDMI cables will feel like they may fall out of the switch. The design is simple and slick, so you don't have to hide it away, but instead show it off. Auto switching works perfectly for me, but if you always have your devices on and not turning them on only when you want to use them, there is still the IR remote that allows you to switch input devices from the comport of you couch. If it is close enough for you to handle, you can also use the built in button to switch inputs. There are blue LEDs that light up and let you know what input is currently active, which can be very helpful and once again looks very good.

Overall, I am very pleased with this HDMI switch. Like others, I am unsure as to why there is a DC power port because, as far as I can tell, there is no need for a separate power supply for this device. In the end, it doesn't make a difference and it all works better than you will need it to. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy device., June 11 2015
It doesn't come with a power cord but so far I haven't needed it. I have a PS4, Xbox One and my Xbox 360 running through it. It does come with a remote and a remote sensor so you can hide the octopus mess. I haven't needed the remote because it seems to be able to sense what has been turned on and automatically routes it. Very handy device indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to install and use . . ., Jan. 23 2012
Use this product - and stop running multiple HDMI cables to your TV and switching inputs!! Such a cost effective and awesome solution! Wish I had ordered the product a long time ago . . .

Used the product on one of my TVs to automatically switch between inputs sharing one HDMI port. The product was so easy to install and works flawlessly.

The only problem I have experienced is a problem with my "always on" Bell ExpressVu receiver - not the product. Input does not always automatically move back to the SAT receiver when you turn off other devices, but this is easily overcome by the remote.

Only other comment I would have is that the blue LED on the top of the box is a little annoying for me as it is so bright and I am using this device in my bedroom - easily fixed with a piece of electrical tape :).

Awesome, easy to use and install product and extremely cost effective.