5.0 out of 5 stars Cool little gadget
Have my Laptop and xbox hooked up to it and it works great. Have not tried the remote because it auto-switches. Was a bit confused because it has a dc power input but the product does not need a power supply and a plug was not supplied with it. I am very happy with this gadget so far.
Published on May 22 2011 by A W De La Espriella

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy gaget, but be aware.
Published on Dec 21 2011 by Gguy55

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy gaget, but be aware., Dec 21 2011
This review is from: EnjoyGadgets 3-Port HDMI Switch (Switcher Selector), 3 In 1 Out, Support 3D, Remote Control, Auto Switching, 1080p (Electronics)
I was looking for an inexpensive switch to get three inputs to one output for my TV. This gadget seemed to fit the bill, so I ordered it. It came in about a week, no problems. The only problem that I had is that it comes with an infrared remote and receiver but it doesn't work unless you connect a 4.5 volt power supply to the switch, which is not included. I checked the product description and yes, it doesn't say that it comes with the adapter, so buyer beware. I happened to have a spare adapter and got the product to work fine with the remote now. Just a reminder to read the fine print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool little gadget, May 22 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars It works great, Dec 14 2010
Works great, but it doesn't come with any kind of manual that tells you anything. It doesn't need one, other than to tell you a power adapter is unecessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Switcher, Feb. 5 2012
This HDMI switcher arrived within days of my order and worked perfectly. It switches automatically when I turn on my blu-ray player and then switches back to my satellite PVR when the blu-ray player is turned off. Even though it came with a remote, I don't think that I will ever use that, no need to. Don't hesitate to order this if your HD TV only has one HDMI port, works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Sept. 19 2011
Works just as advertised, it now comes with very simple instructions and a battery in the remote. You don't need the remote, though; if you set it up right it automatically switches between power sources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, Jan. 27 2011
Works great, as advertised. No manual, but one is not needed. Plug it in, uncover the battery in the remote, and it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but will it work better with the power supply connected?, Aug. 29 2014
Antonio Silva (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
As many have mentioned before the product description fails to mention that it doesn't come with a 4.5V power supply, without it the remote is useless.
I have mixed feelings regarding this product. When I first connected my WDTV to the switcher and then the switcher to the TV there were some fuzzy lines appearing across the top of the screen. That was odd. Changing the WDTV to another port seems to fix the problem but it's rather random (works well on one port and then it doesn't but swapping a port seems to do the trick).

I have my laptop, WDTV and chromecast connected to the switcher and after a few days that image line fuzziness has seemed to have gone away. The problem is that I have a wine cooler on the same breaker as the TV/WDTV/Sound System and every once in a while when the cooler's motor revs up (or however you describe what a fridge motor does) the image will go black for a split second. This is very annoying and only manifests itself when watching anything over the switcher. Once I revert to the setup I had before purchasing the switcher the problem has gone away. I'm still going to buy a 4.5V power supply hoping that this last problem might go away.

I reckon this is a good product but maybe my own setup (wine cooler on the same breaker) is far from ideal.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, Sept. 12 2012
System works as described. The remote is RF and could not program my Harmony for this device. The remote requires a short and direct line of sight. Need to get close to the unit for the remote to work. Auto switch function doesn't work with my Starchoice receiver as it is a standby mode which confuses the switch box when trying to use the shared WD Tv Live so I need to switch manually to it. Didn't try sharing with Blueray player to test autoswitch function. It's my first so next time i would check around for smarter, more compatible device.

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable and cheap, Jan. 9 2012
i bought this not expecting much, but it has so far been a good purchase. i bought 2 and have them set up in different setups with no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, Dec 30 2011
I was hesitant about purchasing this product because I did see a few negative reviews. But since it was so affordable, I thought it would be worth a shot. I hooked it up and it works great! I have my Satellite into #1, my PS3 into #2 and my Blu Ray in #3. When I am watching TV and decide to play PS3, all I have to do is turn on my PS3 and this box recognizes the signal and switches over. When I turn my PS3 off, it goes back to TV. Same with Blu Ray. I never have to get up! Plus, it comes with a remote that you can use to manually switch, which I haven't used yet because this detects which device I am using. The only thing I was worried about when it arrived in the mail was it was very light in weight, and felt very cheap. But so far I've been using it for a month with no problems at all. My dad actually is about to order one for himself.