5.0 out of 5 stars Cool little gadget
Have my Laptop and xbox hooked up to it and it works great. Have not tried the remote because it auto-switches. Was a bit confused because it has a dc power input but the product does not need a power supply and a plug was not supplied with it. I am very happy with this gadget so far.
Published on May 22 2011 by A W De La Espriella

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy gaget, but be aware.
Published on Dec 21 2011 by Gguy55

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy gaget, but be aware., Dec 21 2011
This review is from: EnjoyGadgets 3-Port HDMI Switch (Switcher Selector), 3 In 1 Out, Support 3D, Remote Control, Auto Switching, 1080p (Electronics)
I was looking for an inexpensive switch to get three inputs to one output for my TV. This gadget seemed to fit the bill, so I ordered it. It came in about a week, no problems. The only problem that I had is that it comes with an infrared remote and receiver but it doesn't work unless you connect a 4.5 volt power supply to the switch, which is not included. I checked the product description and yes, it doesn't say that it comes with the adapter, so buyer beware. I happened to have a spare adapter and got the product to work fine with the remote now. Just a reminder to read the fine print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool little gadget, May 22 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars It works great, Dec 14 2010
Works great, but it doesn't come with any kind of manual that tells you anything. It doesn't need one, other than to tell you a power adapter is unecessary.

2.0 out of 5 stars Auto Switching nightmare., Jan. 1 2015
Pros:
1) Shipping was extremely fast. I was impressed.
2) Item enables you to connect 3 HDMI devices to one Port.
3) Once you put power to the item the remote works good.
4) Infra-red expender enables you to hide the device and cables with extending the remote access.
Cons:
1) (Big issue) With or without power the item constantly auto switches. 3 to 5 times in one move, annoying.
2) Infra-red cable extender is a little short, longer would assist better.
3) Does not come with power adaptor, you must purchase one yourself. Specifically if you want to use the remote.
If this unit would not auto switch it would be a fantastic device. I have powered off the other two devices that are plugged into this and it still auto switches. One item is more in standby mode than off, but I am not unplugging the devices to stop the auto switching. I sort of defeats the purpose of the item.
I will keep playing with it to see if I can get around this problem. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Long Term Viable, March 12 2015
I've been using this for 4 or 5 years, and it still works perfectly.

The HDMI switch doesn't require a power cable, it's powered via the HDMI cable. I'm not sure what some other reviews are complaining about when they're talking about needing to buy a separate power cable.

The remote comes with a battery, I purchased this product in 2011, it's 2015 right now and the battery is still alive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Switcher, Feb. 5 2012
This HDMI switcher arrived within days of my order and worked perfectly. It switches automatically when I turn on my blu-ray player and then switches back to my satellite PVR when the blu-ray player is turned off. Even though it came with a remote, I don't think that I will ever use that, no need to. Don't hesitate to order this if your HD TV only has one HDMI port, works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, Jan. 27 2011
Works great, as advertised. No manual, but one is not needed. Plug it in, uncover the battery in the remote, and it works.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Vendor - Not so Great Product, May 11 2015
First off - the vendor was great for delivery and handling the ultimate return so do not hesitate to order from them!

But for this product - I'd pass if I were you. Despite other reviews I thought maybe it would be OK. But it is indeed unreliable and does not switch inputs properly, sometimes not even switching to a valid input at all. Auto-switching is not particularly "auto" and even manual cycling of the HDMI inputs may or may not work (remote or on device). Also, on a minor, non-functional point - while it is good to have status lights, this little fellow over does it with the LED intensity making it problematic at night. Too bad - could have been a good little product.

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable and cheap, Jan. 9 2012
i bought this not expecting much, but it has so far been a good purchase. i bought 2 and have them set up in different setups with no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Idiot Proof, April 6 2015
I have it connected to cable TV and android box. I don't use the remote as suggested in other reviews. I have the cable in hdmi1 and it looks like that is the priority..turn off the cable box and android automatically takes over video feed and I don't have to do a thing.

Works as promised. Not noisy. Don't see any quality reduction.