countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 12, 2016
Overall this product is good value for the money. It will allow you to insert multiple HDMI cables into one source so that you don't have to constantly swap the cables if, like me, your TV only has one HDMI port.

I've seen several reviewers say they had issues with the quality of this product, namely that it breaks or doesn't work out of the box. I personally haven't experienced any issues of that sort. Mine came in some bubble wrap and happened to be shipped with another, larger product I ordered, so it was in a nicely packed and cushioned box. I'm not sure if this would be the case if it was shipped on its own.

Why I have to bump this product down a few stars is that it's missing one key item: the 5volt adapter/power supply for the remote. Without it, the remote is useless, which necessitates having to get up and push the switcher's buttons by hand. This isn't the end of the world, but I'm sure many people, like myself, bought the switcher with the hope that they wouldn't have to get up and switch it manually. A 5volt adapter isn't expensive, but I think I speak for a few reviewers when I say that I would have happily paid a few dollars more to have an adapter included. To not include one is a cheap cop-out, since it will ultimately leave the buyer with more purchasing/shipping costs or force them to go to an electronics/hardware store to buy one.

To sum up: the product works fine for me, but I feel like the company is cheaping out by not including a power supply for the remote. If you are thinking of buying this product, be sure to compare the overall cost of this switcher PLUS a separate adapter with another, similar product to see if it's cheaper to buy another product from a company that includes a remote power supply.
on December 21, 2011
I was looking for an inexpensive switch to get three inputs to one output for my TV. This gadget seemed to fit the bill, so I ordered it. It came in about a week, no problems. The only problem that I had is that it comes with an infrared remote and receiver but it doesn't work unless you connect a 4.5 volt power supply to the switch, which is not included. I checked the product description and yes, it doesn't say that it comes with the adapter, so buyer beware. I happened to have a spare adapter and got the product to work fine with the remote now. Just a reminder to read the fine print.
on May 22, 2011
Have my Laptop and xbox hooked up to it and it works great. Have not tried the remote because it auto-switches. Was a bit confused because it has a dc power input but the product does not need a power supply and a plug was not supplied with it. I am very happy with this gadget so far.
on May 10, 2016
It's tiny and efficient however I really wish the inputs and output were all on one side of the device, instead of a flow-through style. It really makes for a messy installation of everything. If one of your inputs is a Roku, you will need the remote ir blaster and remote as they never truly turn off and confuse the auto switch function of this device.
on June 21, 2016
This device seems to work, sometimes. With one of my monitors, it works flawlessly. If I try to use it with a different monitor instead, it simply outputs a black screen. If I use it with my TV directly, it works fine. Through the audio box to the TV? Nope, black screen. If it happens to work with your setup, great, it'll be exactly what you need, but be advised that it might just decide it doesn't want to work with certain devices. It's not worth it for me to return this because it's so cheap, but I won't be using it; I can't get it to work where I need it.
on February 5, 2012
This HDMI switcher arrived within days of my order and worked perfectly. It switches automatically when I turn on my blu-ray player and then switches back to my satellite PVR when the blu-ray player is turned off. Even though it came with a remote, I don't think that I will ever use that, no need to. Don't hesitate to order this if your HD TV only has one HDMI port, works great.
on July 17, 2015
Product arrived a full week earlier than originally quoted. Thanks for that EnjoyGadgets, much appreciated,

Have only 2 HDMI ports on my TV, but 4 devices to plug in. Worked with the 3 devices I plugged in (PS3, Zotac mini-PC, HP laptop).

Switches automatically to new device when device is powered on. The remote works to switch between devices when the RF receiver is plugged in (just be sure to remove clear plastic tab by the battery). Can also switch between devices with the select button on the switch itself (but this is kinda inconvenient as the switch is tucked behind TV).

All in all it does exactly what the company states it does. I'm really happy with this purchase and would recommend it to others who need to add a few ports to their entertainment setup.
on July 8, 2016
Kind of disappointed that there's no power cord. Going back to read the description, there was no mention of one, but you would assume it would come with it, since you need power to use it. I'll rummage through my old electronic junk and probably find an unused 5V cord, but I shouldn't have to do that with a brand new item (even if it wasn't expensive).
on May 18, 2016
So far so good. I was ticked at first because it doesn't come with any kind of power source but it turns out that it doesn't actually need one. Everything seems to be working perfectly (once i figured out that you can't switch between hdmi inputs without the power being turned on on the components) hopefully it'll continue to be a great buy.
on July 18, 2016
Does what it's supposed to do. I didn't like the fact that the remote doesn't come with the IR Sensor to make it work, and the light can be really bright in the dark (Like really really bright). So far though, no problems performance wise