5.0 out of 5 stars Hope and Greatness
Published on May 17 2012 by Azura

3.0 out of 5 stars :)
.Decent content that I am hoping to use in the classes I teach about taking social action and documentary film.
Published 21 months ago by Shelley

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope and Greatness, May 17 2012
This review is from: Fuel (DVD)
I saw a bit of this in my Renewable Energy class and it impacted me so much that I had to buy the whole story. This video helps me continue to fight for what's right. All the questions and feelings I have about dirty energy and climate change; "Is there hope?", "Am I the only one that really cares?", "I do all this work I still feel like it did nothing." All these's feelings and question are mentioned in the doc as this person tries to change people. Peak oil, bio diesel, algae fuels, renewable energy, big corporations and the truth behind the price tag. It's hard to explain the doc but for anyone that wants to make a difference and see the truth of oil and where we are going, watch this movie. If you don't know enough to support this movie then it's on youtube. :)
Great movie, Great people, Great Ideas and Amazing Information. Buy it, you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining history of biodiesel, July 12 2011
Gary Fuhrman "gnox" (Manitoulin Island) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Fuel [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is one of the more enjoyable of the recent spate of films about solutions to the environmental crisis, although it's also one of the most specialized. Josh Tickell's personal approach to the issues and the changes he's gone through as an activist highlight the ups and downs of biodiesel, and show incidentally how arbitrary and ill-informed public energy policy often is. Of course the vested interests of the oil companies come in for some well-deserved criticism here, and the extent of the environmental crisis is not papered over, but the overall tone of the film is optimistic. This must be the most engaging way of learning to appreciate the genius of the Diesel engine, and to understand the right and wrong ways of providing fuel for it. This makes it well worth seeing both for those who consider themselves well informed about energy issues and those just beginning to think about them. And the production values are high enough to make the Blu-ray an appropriate choice (although i haven't seen the DVD version and so can't compare the two).

4.0 out of 5 stars Natural resources, April 25 2014
This review is from: Fuel (DVD)
A good eye opener showing our dependancy on oil based products. It is amazing how we fall for big oils propaganda

2.0 out of 5 stars Movie is inspirational, Jan. 24 2014
This review is from: Fuel (DVD)
I love the enthusiasm of the narrator / scientist featured in the documentary. It is well put together and my students were riveted to the film except when it went 'glitchy' and kept stopping and starting even though it was brand new.

3.0 out of 5 stars :), March 28 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT !!!!, Oct. 26 2010
This review is from: Fuel (DVD)
This is an incredible movie/documentary. It is full of hope. I was so touched by his 'passion' - his passion to do what is right - to change the world - and to show us all that change is possible. The movie re-awoke the 'greenie' in me. I had become so despondent with the apathy surrounding us - out here on the Praries in Canada, GOING GREEN means going to a football match !!! (The Roughrider football team wear green....) Global warming is something happening 'out-there' - not here. However, after watching this documentary I was so fired up again - because his passion shows you this : One person CAN change the world.
This documentary will quietly light a fire in your belly. I have written very nice emails to the Prime Minister of Canada - to RBC Mutual funds to find out how to invest in GREEN funds/ethical funds and this is just the beginning !!!
As one guy in the movie says : doing what is right, makes you FEEL good - I can vouch for that!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this movie, March 13 2011
This review is from: Fuel (DVD)
This movie (documentary) was just excellent. I am very interested in Global Warming and Green Energy but I have found it hard to get others interested. This DVD is very informative but it is still entertaining. And it is also important. Each day we as humans add 85 million tons of carbon to the atmosphere which increases the carbon dioxide blanket around the earth which in turn contributes to Global Warming. This is causing our ice caps and glaciers to melt. Ice reflects the sun but water absorbs the sun so Global Warming accelerates as we lose more of our ice caps. Along with rising sea levels of over 20 feet, we are and will experience more violent weather and droughts causing food shortages. Yet many solutions are within our grasp. But governments continue to subsidize oil and we as consumers continue to burn it when green alternatives are already available. The survival of the human race is at stake and we don't have much time to change our habits. Please watch this movie and if you have older children get them to watch too. If you are a Teacher please show this to your class. Its probably the most important thing we will ever learn.

Fuel