4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK but dial is complex
Published 24 months ago by Dennis

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable for the price
The watch got several good reviews online and I liked the look of it, so I ordered one.
Now after a month or so of daily use I have noticed a few issues.
1. The watch face gets scratched rather easily and the scratches make it difficult to read properly.
Published 12 months ago by krawle

4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK but dial is complex, Sept. 10 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's Silver-Tone and Digital Sport Watch Black AE1000W-1BVCF (Watch)
I bought this watch because it was the cheapest digital watch I could find on Amazon. I use it as my second, everyday, working, boating, sport watch. The minimum features I wanted were, local time, alarm and stopwatch and somewhat waterproof, in case I dunk my arm in the lake. This watch has all of that, plus the time in all the world's time zones, a countdown timer and several alarms (way more than I need). This watch has an unnecessarily complicated dial (a tiny time zone map and a nearly unreadable analog dial) which makes the face larger than most watches. And you have to be careful that the digital readout is giving you the local time. Since this is a "world time" watch, it also gives you the time zones around the world, and if you accidentally touch the wrong button, you could be reading the time in a different time zone. But now that I've had it for a few months, I've gotten used to it. It works well, has a bright dial light and is good value for what you get. The strap is simple and easy to clean which suits me fine. - Dennis

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch., Oct. 28 2013
I have bought this watch to use in the gym. It meets my requirements for what they were bought. Nice light watch with enough features.

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable for the price, Sept. 6 2013
krawle (Surrey, British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
Now after a month or so of daily use I have noticed a few issues.
2. When you touch / hit the lower right button on anything the time changes to the next time zone in the list and if you are not aware of the change it can mess up your day, I constantly have to check that the time zone is mine.

I would recommend they use Gorilla glass on the watch face and change the button use so that 2 buttons must be pressed to change the time zone.

Overall it's an Ok watch for the price, but there is room for improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, April 11 2014
I really liked it once I worn it. The time display is quiet big characters to easily see, also you can flip through 3 more different regions of world time, as i have friends and relatives in different time zones, it helps to know their time before calling them. Easy to adjust all the times. it has alarm timers and stopwatch which I dont think will ever use it. And it looks decent on the hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a nice standard watch and construction looks good, June 29 2014
Decent watch. Bought it for my brother. Just a nice standard watch and construction looks good. No complaints

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch..awesome price, March 30 2014
awesome..the watch looks great and is durable.. recommended for kid. good price too!! I would recommend it to others!! cheers!!

4.0 out of 5 stars my 11 yr old son loved it, June 12 2014
the watch looks great and it also fits well. the price is good for a more serious watch.
has all functions my son wants.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice watch, May 31 2014
I is a nice watch and the price is right ! I like all the functions that it has. Love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 20 2014
its okay for the price

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, hard to beat, June 16 2013
good quality casio , always surprises me , great value for money , also tough and reliable ,10 year battery hard to beat