march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 3, 2010
Tim Burton is back! And along with his regular star Johnny Depp, they both concocted this extension of Lewis Carroll's novels Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass - few of my favorite stories, for Disney.

I saw the movie in 3D with my Dad, and it was the second film my Dad had ever seen in a theatre, and it is also my 3rd 3D film I've seen. What I meant by extension of the story is that we get to see a 19-year-old Alice returning to Wonderland (or "Underland" as it is called), after escaping an possible wedding engagement to some poop-a-doop-spoiled-brat snob, to end The Red Queen's reign of terror; and restore the White Queen (who is sister to the Red Queen) to the throne.

So anyway I really love this film, and I love the film's musical soundtrack that unites Burton's regular composer Danny Elfman. And it is truly the best "Wonderland" film I had seen.
on May 1, 2013
This is a very entertaining version of and old story and I really like Johnny Depp's twist on the tale.
This is one of the best 3D movies I have seen out of the 50 or so that I have watched. It is on par with Avatar for 3D effects. Images actually situate themselves in front of the tv, unlike some so called 3D movies where the image is restricted mostly behind the tv screen. The images are also very interesting and imaginative. An excellent movie!
on May 14, 2010
One thing I find that people don't realize with this take on Alice in Wonderland is that it is more like a continuation of the movie.
Perhaps they were expecting it to be like the cartoon or the other takes on the movie but it isn't. I came to realize after watching interviews by the cast as well as Tim Burton. I think it was fantastically done. It's my opinion that Burton wanted it to be close to the book yet adapted to his own taste as well, a mix of everything. Everyone has different tastes and has different opinions on what they like and don't like. I personally thought it was a great adaption of Alice and enjoyed it. I look forward to Tim Burton movies as he is dark, and does a great job with being different.
on July 17, 2010
this movie wasn't what i was expecting. it's a continuation of what happens to alice after the classic "alice in wonderland." a lot of people here have mixed reveiws, but honestly, if you are expecting to watch the same damn story over and over again, then go buy the disney cartoon and have at it. this movie is a very creative 2010 version that loses all the british frills and will really appeal to the audience it's aimed at. which, may i remind you, is people in THIS generation, NOT the generation of lewis carrol.
don't get me wrong, if i had my way, alice in wonderland and through the looking glass would be required reading. i wouldnt have loved this movie so much if i wasnt already a fan of alice. but have an open mind. this movie is imaginative, funny, visually stunning, and just plain entertaining.
on August 29, 2015
Once again, Johnny Depp was over the top wonderful! The whole this was turned into a wonderful example of rite of passage and a young woman coming into her own! A great movie especially for young girls!
on October 18, 2014
Marvelous sequel to the original Disney animated movie. Good story, great acting, fabulous cinamatography and animation. A movie that you can enjoy over and over and stays in your memory.
on October 1, 2015
Alice in Wonderland is one great movie Johnny Depp is superb and his role and as well as other supporting actors I recommend this movie to all who are Alice in Wonderland fans
on September 3, 2014
Johnny depp is wonderful in this live version of alice. I really enjoyed the humour and the actors who portrayed the characters in the movie.
on February 23, 2014
This movie arrived on time which was a big plus. It was in the DVD player the same night and has been watched a few times since then.