5.0 out of 5 stars UWA-BR100 Wireless Adapter
Works great on my blu-ray player. Easy to setup. For some reason I couldn't get it working directly from my Bravio television.
Published 17 months ago by Karen

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off
Published on Dec 26 2010 by TWM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off, Dec 26 2010
TWM (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony USB Wireless LAN Adapter (UWABR100) (Personal Computers)
Sony made their Blu-ray DVD players Wi-Fi compatible, PROVIDED you buy this hugely overpriced network adapter. It's a shame - they made it proprietary, so nobody can use a regular Wi-Fi adapter (costing less than half) - a greedy bad-move from Sony. The result is that very few people buy the device - the adapter costs more than the Blu-ray player! Very sad indeed, greedy and poor marketing from Sony. Save your money and buy Samsung, LG, etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works like it should but too expensive, Dec 19 2012
No issues with the performace, but the price Sony sells these for is stupid. I have always been a big Sony supporter, but the way they handled their "wifi ready" TV's is misleading.

5.0 out of 5 stars UWA-BR100 Wireless Adapter, Nov. 15 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Viewing a treat, March 14 2012
The product opened a wide range of services that I did not know about when I registered. I had purchased the product to specifically enjoy Netflix. When I registered the product and connected to the network there were additional chioces offered. Connecting the adapter is a snap. Step by step guides to registering your product and connecting to your wifi were provided. The adapter is working fine and no problems have been experienced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony UMA-BR100, May 11 2011
Product arrived as ordered.
Product works just as stated.
Setting it up with a router with a security function
Unless you are able to enter a code specific to your router and computer it will not work. So you may have to purchase/upgrade your router.
Adds a whole new dimension to watching DVD's well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, Feb. 20 2014
I found it has to be close to the router with few walls to go through. Having it on the same floor is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, Feb. 10 2014
It did what it was supposed to. I am very satisfied with it. I bought it at amazon as Sony was selling it at a higher price. Good stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, Jan. 18 2014
Since our wireless router conked out, we haven't been able to get our netflix on our TV. My husband suggested getting as USB adapter, and boy does it work great. It connected immediately to our network, is smooth streaming, we seldom have glitches in our broadcasts (unless it's a netflix issue) and can use the TV for surfing the net now too! I wish we would have switched to a USB adapter sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB adapter, Dec 30 2013
I needed this piece of hardware to receive Netflix on my TV. Simply plug in to the USB port, play and enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as anticipated, Nov. 29 2013
We purchased this item so our Blu-ray player would be Wi-Fi adaptable and it does serve that purpose but we still can't surf the internet as the player remote doesn't facilitate this. Since this device occupies the one usb port on the player, we can't use the plug-in for our iPod at the same time. The only benefit for us is to access Netflix which is not even a better option than what we had, using a HDMI cable from our HD Laptop. We may discover options in the future but I expect they will incur a further cost. For us, the cost of this device was not worth the benefit but the item works well and was delivered promptly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa7c2412c)

Sony USB Wireless LAN Adapter (UWABR100)
CDN$ 99.99