march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on June 17, 2014
Series 5 of New Who or series 32 overall in the entire series to date from 1963 is just awesome. Matt Smith As the 11th Doctor / 12th Regeneration does a wonderful job in all aspects of the role. From playing the doctors age of 900 plus to Matts on age of 26 at the time. The episodes / stories are great over all. As to me saying Matt's doctor is the 12 regen of this cycle of regeneration's only for 2 reasons. 1. David Tennant's Doctor (10th) came back during in the middle of the regenerating; so David's Doctor is Regeneration 10th and 11th. 2. There is also (Spoiler) an upcoming regeneration between Paul Mcgain's 8th doctor/7th Regeneration and Christopher Eccleston's 9th Doctor/9th Regeneration later in the show overall. I give series 5 out of 5 stars; and is a good jumping off point if missed the 1963 starting point back in the day with An Unearthly Child / Wiiliam Heartnell's Doctor the OG of the Doctors. Or the 2005 relaunch with Eccleston;s doctor (9th doctor). This set that starts Matt's run as the Doctor would make starting point for anyone coming in to the show for the first time and fans of the show should also enjoy this set as well to watch and put in to their Doctor Who collection
on November 16, 2013
Was purchased and given as a gift. The person that received it did enjoy the movies. If he is happy then i am happy with this purchase.
As usual, Amazon fast delivery.
on June 27, 2013
I quiet enjoyed this season/series of Dr Who, it had a very advanced plot line that stretched the whole series.

As for the individual shows and plots those were fantastic as well. I do very much enjoy Matt Smiths acting, as well as Karen Gillian. But lets face it who doesn't like a pretty an aggressive red head lol. The places they went to, and seen in this series were fantastic, as well as the last shows had quiet a few nice cliff hangers.

In the end this was well work the buy. I enjoyed it immensely.
on June 2, 2013
There were two or three episodes in which the DVD froze and we had to go through the episode scene by scene to get to the rest of the episode.
on May 25, 2013
It was what i ordered and as always The Doctor is wicked cool and i might just need to get a bow tie. haha
on January 31, 2013
There's sort of an unspoken rule that the Doctor doesn't go back in time and just tell himself how to solve every problem, get himself out of jail, or leave himself notes from the future on how to beat the bad guy. In this season all of that just... keeps... happening. It's painful. Once you cross that line, you have to ask "why doesn't he do that in every situation?"

Also, he saves the entirety of creation. Again. He did that last season after spending three seasons building up to it. If you go right back to that well without even one season break, it just becomes tired and pedantic.

It's sad how this season had production values far above any of the previous seasons, but it had the laziest writing of the new Who.
on December 31, 2012
I ordered the Doctor Who The Complete Fifth Series, I had placed my ordered well before December I was guaranteed to receive the item before Dec 19th. I didn't receive the item until Dec 24th if it had been any later, the person who it was intended for wouldn't been able to receive it due to the fact they were from out of town. I had purchased another item from amazon which I ordered later and it came well before this item came find that odd. When I did receive the item it was in good condition thanks but delivery should of been quicker.
on December 18, 2012
I was a Dr Who fan as a kid, and I have really enjoyed seasons one-four. I have not been enjoying season five as much, but must confess to being a little unsure why. Matt Smith does a decent job as the doctor, and Karen Gillan holds her own. There are some good one-liners as well. I find it aimed at a younger audience than the previous seasons, and the Doctor comes across as a little stunned, rather than wise and internally strong. I feel that the previous seasons had a bit more emotional depth. The foreshadowing of future disaster is more than a little heavy and the flashbacks to keep reminding us that there was foreshadowing in the previous episodes of the series starts to be a bit annoying. Anyway, I am watching it, and not hating it. Just not falling in love with it.
on November 8, 2012
This show is all about the power of words and thoughts - so much innuendo and so much fun! Love it! =)
on October 9, 2011
I am a new fan of Doctor Who and I appreciate Math Smith in his role. He tends to be so light hearted that when he is serious... we take him seriously! The episodes are varied and fun. It's a great show for adventures, a bit of mystery and some laugh, without the constant suspense and stress: a great way to relax and be entertained. The only drawback is that there is not enough episodes, but at least, it is priced to match. I am looking foward the second half of this serie.