Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on December 10, 2009
Bourne in 1080p doesn't get any better! Possibly one of the best trilogies ever made, plus in the best video and audio quality you can get for your home theatre... magnifique! For those that say they can't see a difference between DVD and Blu-Ray quality: you either need better glasses, a better TV or stop staring at the disc and put it in your player! The quality difference is definitely noticeable! I highly recommend this series to anyone!
on August 22, 2011
I loved the first of the three films here. It had a fantastic plot, and the character development was rich. The last of the three had great chase scenes and car crashes, etc., but lacked the story value of the opener. The middle one was somewhere in between. I've watched the first one a few more times, but not the sequels. Some people complain that the movie is different from the book, but that is always true. I gave it five stars because the first one (The Bourne Identity) is worth five stars by itself. The two sequels aren't bad, and I so recommend this set.
on August 31, 2014
Quite possibly the best spy thriller franchise ever made.

Matt Damon is electrifying as Jason Bourne, and the suspense keeps building up with each sequel and doesn't let up - not even when the credits roll at the end of part 3 (The Bourne Ultimatum).

Very, very highly recommended if you're looking for a less glamorous, but more realistic James Bond-type film, assuming you don't mind the conflicted American protagonist. And why not?

It's difficult not to become emotionally attached to the trials and tribulations this former black ops assassin faces throughout the roughly 6 hour ensemble.

The revelations and emotions which grip Bourne as the trilogy progress (and he slowly regains parts of his memory back) feel genuine in every sense of the word.

I cannot say enough good things about the (modernized) film adaptations of - the late - Robert Ludlum's books. Chances are he would be proud.

And if you enjoy the genre, then chances are that this trilogy is a ride you'll never forget, so jump on and enjoy!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 20, 2014
There are times when I don't want to analyze what I am watching. Although Bourne has a mystery at the heart of the story, it's essentially fun to watch and doesn't require much thought. Matt Damon stars as Jason Bourne and we experience events from his point of view. That makes us sympathetic to his situation.

Imagine not knowing who you are and wondering why you have certain abilities and a group of people trying to kill you. Damon is not a typical action hero and has more range than most actors cast in such roles. The resulting blend is more than pure thrills. Damon makes you care about whether Bourne lives or dies. I found myself wanting him to uncover the conspiracy and forge some kind of new life for himself.

The supporting cast throughout the three movies is also worthy of mention. You'll see Clive Owen, Chris Cooper, Julia Stiles, Franka Potente, Brian Cox, Joan Allen, David Strathairn and Scott Glenn.

I made the mistake of watching the third part of the trilogy first because it was on cable and I was curious. The story makes a lot more sense when you see it from the beginning. After experiencing the story in the correct order a couple of times, my rating increased.

If you are a fan of action, The Bourne Trilogy won't disappoint. If you need decent acting and an intelligent plot, it's also up to the task. It's hard to be bored at any time and the conclusion is satisfying.
on January 1, 2014
I watched the first three Bourne films on DVD a long time ago, but wanted to rewatch it on Hi-Def, just to relive the trilogy. And I was not disappointed!

The video presentation is crisp and clear, though the blacks might be a little too crushing during night scenes in Supremacy and Ultimatum (maybe it was just my TV, but I went through all the settings and still couldn't get rid of it). Identity might seem not as vivid as the other two but still holds incredibly well. The benefits of Blu Ray really shines when you watch the scenes on Goa in Supremacy and Tangier in Ultimatum, though.

Audio is also very well done, with rear speaker usage becoming really apparent in the Greengrass films, where bullets whizzing by or crowd noise really draws you into the movie. Dialogue is usually clear coming from the centre speaker, and explosions, as rare as they are, sound great. The car chases are also a highlight- every crash, every skid of the wheels, you feel it.

The bonus features are also well worth looking into, although I wished there was more in Ultimatum. There might not be a lot of behind the scenes of how a particular scene was shot, but what's there is pretty interesting.

All in all, this is THE best way to experience the Bourne Trilogy at home. The movies themselves are excellent. Identity may be the slowest of the three, but it's the most character heavy and keeps you watching with spectacular chemistry between Damon and Potente and clever mixes of action. Supremacy intensifies everything, largely due to Greengrass' way of shooting, which might throw off some, but I thought worked very well for this series. I always thought Supremacy was the "middle-ground", with character moments and action balanced out. Ultimatum on the other hand, is all balls-to-the-walls action throughout, with even character dialogue clipping at a brisk pace. This film is the most action packed of the three and perhaps the most entertaining, with the Tangier part a particular highlight (Seriously, this part was intense!!).

If you love action movies, you're going to love the Bourne Trilogy; Bourne is an unlikely action hero, and the films often throw in elements of wit not commonly seen in other films of the same genre.
on September 23, 2012
This trilogy is one of the the very few that actually improves on its original material and ideas. Being a Robert Ludlum fan for a long, long time, I will admit that I had some trepidation when it came to bringing the Bourne saga to the big screen. I had seen the original mini-series and was underwhelmed by it, but not because of the cast or production, but by the constraints of the format.
The novels are enormously entertaining and bloody violent; I always thought that the only way to do a Ludlum story was either to produce a theatrical feature or cable movie.
These Bourne films are not only entertaining, smart and satisfying, but though the stories are vastly different then the original novels, the spirit of Ludlum's core characters are intact.

This Blu-ray collection not only has all three film immaculately transferred in gorgeous HD, it also has a treasure trove of extra material that will keep you in Ludlumland for many hours.

Highly recommended and at a great price.

Thanks Universal Pictures.
on November 14, 2011
I never saw any of the Bourne films in the theaters due to scheduling conflicts and other issues, but I was mesmerized when I saw the Bourne Identity at my parents after it came out on DVD. Nearly everything about the film (plot, characters, set pieces and locations) impressed me with their originality (at least I hadn't seen anything like it in my lifetime). Each successive movie brought new insights into Jason Bourne's character, motivations and past that felt organic, and the final chapter brings appropriate closure to the emotional journey (while ramping up the action and suspense).

I bought my father the DVD trilogy on Father's Day and was looking to obtain my own copy when I saw a sale here on Amazon that I couldn't resist. I had to do some digging to find that most of the special features were the same on the DVDs (i.e. not much new). I mainly shop for the movies, so this wasn't a deal breaker. Having these films in the highest quality currently possible (saw Supremacy on a 1080p projector and was blown away). Unless you are an extra-features junkie, there is no reason not to purchase.
on November 14, 2011
I got this set during an Amazon one-day sale and it is totally worth the price I paid. We have all of these on DVD and have an upconverting DVD player, so I got to play both versions back-to-back. By far, the biggest difference is in the sound! The stage is full and imaging is pretty much perfect. As for the visual portion, I noticed a difference in the first movie, but less between the newer titles.

As for the movies themselves, they are watchable over and over. Damon is excellent in these flicks and the supporting casts are top notch. Action sequences are great and you can tell that the effects folks did the bulk of the work in the real world, instead of CGI. I love the times that I have found friends who have not seen the trilogy before, just so I can watch with them.
on April 29, 2014
The Bourne Trilogy on Blu Ray look great.
The sound on the discs sound better than the DVD versions.
That is an upgrade - however the picture is even better.

Each movie comes in it's own case so you could separate them if wanted to.
on April 11, 2011
I had seen these movies when they first came out and had found them excellent. Seeing them again on my Sony XBR 60LX900 made me appreciate them more. The quality of this Blu-ray product is first class. This was a good investment.