5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous
My sister's favorite is now one of my favourites. Jay Barachel (?) is simply the best! A true Canadian treasure.
Published 7 months ago by Lana Mourot

2.0 out of 5 stars Alice Eve
The only reason to watch this movie is because Alice Eve is in it. Otherwise, its not worth watching.
Published on May 10 2011 by W. Bodner

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, Sept. 10 2013
Lana Mourot "need to read" (Saskatoon, SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's Out of My League (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, fun entertainment, March 19 2013
This movie may not be the most thought provoking, but has some really comical moments and provides an hour and forty minutes of fun entertainment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Alice Eve, May 10 2011
W. Bodner "AngryBob" (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, Sept. 15 2011
Suzy Q "muppetlise" (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this movie. I wasn't expecting much when it was on the movie channel but ended up really loving it. I like it so much that I went out and bought the Blu ray. I'm surprised it got bad reviews. I thought it was hilarious.

3.0 out of 5 stars Let's Go Pens!, May 15 2011
Brian Maitland (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: She's Out Of My League (DVD)
Hey, any movie that features a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game gets an automatic one to star with (I'm talking to you, Jean-Claude Van Damme). Yes, gratuitous Mario Lemieux and holy New York Islanders, a wade Dubliewicz sighting!
We also get a gratuitous PNC Park (the Pittsburgh Pirates' fantastic ballpark) sighting.
Throw in lead actor Jay Baruchel channeling Christian Slater and one of his best buddies channeling Napoleon Dynamite's hair and teeth while fronting a (I kid you not) Hall and Oates cover band, and we got a movie here, folks.

Some classic bits but overall the crude humor did not work. It sort of dragged down the "sweetness" of the whole relationship and the buddy network among the lead actors' friends.
Some stuff introduced goes nowhere such as the cute black woman working at the gallery party having a crush on the married lovable fat dude. No idea why that was even tossed in.

DVD extras try to be funny but aren't including the dating tips done in character.

4.0 out of 5 stars A romantic comedy with lots of heart..., Aug. 9 2010
Amazon Customer (St. Albert, AB) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: She's Out Of My League (DVD)
This movie is full of light-hearted fun, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It has a broad range of appeal with everything from a Cinderella-esque romance to toilet humour, so that everyone should be able find something to enjoy. It may not be a terribly original concept (underdog wins girl) but the screenwriters manage to elevate the story about the clichés. There are some actual social messages that override the usual love story morality lessons. Jay Baruchel is great in a scrawny and awkward way. The rest of the cast is fantastic too. The quirky friends and eccentric family are more like real people than the stereotypes that frequent the typical buddy flick, and both provide lots of laughs. For a person who normally finds it difficult to sit through a romantic flick, I was very impressed by how satisfying it turned out to be.

ARRAY(0xb433493c)