5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, greadt story

Published on Jan. 27 2011 by justanaveragejoe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, greadt story, Jan. 22 2011
J. Tupone (Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call Of Duty: Black Ops - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)
The best thing about COD Black Ops is definitely the story that the player follows through. The characters are interesting and the Cold War background is entertaining for anyone who might be a bit of a history buff. The graphics are fantastic, game play is "smooth" and the missions allow the player to enjoy everything from close-quarters combat with small arms to flying helicopters. The controls are easy to follow and very intuitive even for novice gamers.

The online play offers hours of entertainment given the availability of "rooms" to choose from and popularity of the game. There is almost no lag when playing online.

I would recommend it, but also consider buying it used for anyone who isn't a "hardcore" COD gamer.

3.0 out of 5 stars callofdutyblackopsreview, Jan. 27 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I like the missions, but the guns for the time period are in accarate. Once you get passed that like an old war buff like me your okay with the game. I dont like the invisable walls, If thiers a truck and I go prone I should be able to crawl underneath it. I think Infinity Should have done this one as well. Multiplayer is okay and I never use assisted aim, I like the rewards part of cod money to earn and upgrade your weapons. I also think you should be able to drive tanks and aircraft like in battlefield 1942. I would not have bought it at a regular outlet for the discounted price I got on amazon it was worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can be said?, May 11 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, the singleplayer story is lame, but did we buy it for that? Nope!

Online play is as expected and if you don't overdo it, a total blast.

The zombie mode is surprisingly fun and a good change of pace if your having a bad night of getting fragged online. You don't have to play alone either; the coop mode works great and you'll meet some great people along the way.

The "First Strike" DLC is well worth the price and added dozens of hours of life to the original game. New zombie map "Ascension" is a favorite among many. Waiting patiently for the next DLC "Escalation" and it's zombie map, "Call of the Dead"

Long story short; COD:Black Ops is money well spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Game but Multiplayer Hosting Server is Awful!, Dec 28 2010
Jimmy K (Laval, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Story line and graphics and gameplay are amazing!!
Multiplayer will get you so addicted you won't notice that it's already 3AM!!

The only issue I have is that the Multiplayer mode is peer-to-peer based, therefore if the host player drops off or has a bad connection, you risk losing your connection to the match and wasting time looking for another match. Migrating to a new host sometimes even crashes the game and you need to restart your PS3.

Minor drawback but still annoying.

Overall Great game though!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, Feb. 2 2011
Ben Arledge "Obi-Wan" (Edmonton, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Single player is the same old FPS I played 5 years ago. Graphics aren't great, considering the PS3 capabilities. Campaign is short and story was vague and not too interesting. I haven't played much Multiplayer, but it does seem that the main purpose/usefulness of this game is centered around that.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game. great customer service., Jan. 26 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I hold Amazon in high regard, however this time they exceeded expectations. There was a mix up with the mailing and they send me a new one in 2 days no questions asked. How awesome is that?

As for the game. Top notch. The campaign is much shorter than MOD 2 but still pretty fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, Jan. 27 2014
Cause Mr t-Rex can't clap his hands and someone is in the kitchen with dina little boy & the man on the moon from Paris to Berlin I don't where I've been

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old fun !, Nov. 6 2013
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this last week and I have to say I still like the single player campaign. It wasn't spectacular but enjoyable. As for the multi-player well that's pretty much what players by COD for anyways. I have to say that I haven't played the other 2 previous COD but it's nice to get back into it with this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is intense!, June 20 2013
This game still lives up to the newer ones. It is good for people who want to play with a buddy because it allows plit screen multiplayer online! and it has the very fun zombies mode.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty solid., Jan. 27 2011
The game is solid.
it's not quite as good as modern warfare 2.
but it's a lot of fun.
the maps are good.
the weapons are decent.
not as smooth and seamless as Mw2, but lots of fun none the less.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Call Of Duty: Black Ops - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Call Of Duty: Black Ops - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition by Activision/Blizzard (PlayStation 3)
CDN$ 34.99 CDN$ 29.99