summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on May 11, 2011
Ok, the singleplayer story is lame, but did we buy it for that? Nope!

Online play is as expected and if you don't overdo it, a total blast.

The zombie mode is surprisingly fun and a good change of pace if your having a bad night of getting fragged online. You don't have to play alone either; the coop mode works great and you'll meet some great people along the way.

The "First Strike" DLC is well worth the price and added dozens of hours of life to the original game. New zombie map "Ascension" is a favorite among many. Waiting patiently for the next DLC "Escalation" and it's zombie map, "Call of the Dead"

Long story short; COD:Black Ops is money well spent.
on January 22, 2011
The best thing about COD Black Ops is definitely the story that the player follows through. The characters are interesting and the Cold War background is entertaining for anyone who might be a bit of a history buff. The graphics are fantastic, game play is "smooth" and the missions allow the player to enjoy everything from close-quarters combat with small arms to flying helicopters. The controls are easy to follow and very intuitive even for novice gamers.

The online play offers hours of entertainment given the availability of "rooms" to choose from and popularity of the game. There is almost no lag when playing online.

I would recommend it, but also consider buying it used for anyone who isn't a "hardcore" COD gamer.
on January 27, 2011
I like the missions, but the guns for the time period are in accarate. Once you get passed that like an old war buff like me your okay with the game. I dont like the invisable walls, If thiers a truck and I go prone I should be able to crawl underneath it. I think Infinity Should have done this one as well. Multiplayer is okay and I never use assisted aim, I like the rewards part of cod money to earn and upgrade your weapons. I also think you should be able to drive tanks and aircraft like in battlefield 1942. I would not have bought it at a regular outlet for the discounted price I got on amazon it was worth the purchase.
on August 21, 2011
Looked all over to find the best price here on Amazon.ca. Free fast delivering made it worthwhile.

Lots of great features to this game but the best (and most annoying) is multiple online players from one PS3. Annoying because you can't load multiple user accounts, it's just the main account and a guest. This means COD points, unlocks etc are lost for the guest when you end the game. Obviously this info is out there so I knew it before but it just seems lame when other games can do it.

Overall this is a good COD game but like most others they nickle and dime you with the DLC. $15 for 4 maps seems a little much.
on December 28, 2010
Story line and graphics and gameplay are amazing!!
Multiplayer will get you so addicted you won't notice that it's already 3AM!!

The only issue I have is that the Multiplayer mode is peer-to-peer based, therefore if the host player drops off or has a bad connection, you risk losing your connection to the match and wasting time looking for another match. Migrating to a new host sometimes even crashes the game and you need to restart your PS3.

Minor drawback but still annoying.

Overall Great game though!!!
on November 6, 2013
Bought this last week and I have to say I still like the single player campaign. It wasn't spectacular but enjoyable. As for the multi-player well that's pretty much what players by COD for anyways. I have to say that I haven't played the other 2 previous COD but it's nice to get back into it with this one!
on February 2, 2011
Single player is the same old FPS I played 5 years ago. Graphics aren't great, considering the PS3 capabilities. Campaign is short and story was vague and not too interesting. I haven't played much Multiplayer, but it does seem that the main purpose/usefulness of this game is centered around that.
on January 26, 2011
I hold Amazon in high regard, however this time they exceeded expectations. There was a mix up with the mailing and they send me a new one in 2 days no questions asked. How awesome is that?

As for the game. Top notch. The campaign is much shorter than MOD 2 but still pretty fun.
on January 27, 2011
The game is solid.
it's not quite as good as modern warfare 2.
but it's a lot of fun.
the maps are good.
the weapons are decent.
not as smooth and seamless as Mw2, but lots of fun none the less.
on June 20, 2013
This game still lives up to the newer ones. It is good for people who want to play with a buddy because it allows plit screen multiplayer online! and it has the very fun zombies mode.