5.0 out of 5 stars All Classic TV on DVD Should Be Released Like This
A Toronto-based company called VEI first acquired the rights to "Gimme a Break" back in Spring 2006 and released Season One just a few months after Universal did the same in the U.S.

Universal, however, never bothered with a follow-up while VEI brought viewers Season Two in January 2007.

Since then, it seemed as though "Gimme a Break" had fallen off...
Published on July 7 2010 by Kasey G

3.0 out of 5 stars Why me?
So dissapointed! Got really into it and when I get to watch the final season, the first disc out of the three didn`t work! Why me? This is a rare sitcom and I got the complete series for a reason. Too bad it was partially complete, sigh!
Published 2 months ago by Abel E.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you VEI!, Aug. 23 2010
This review is from: Gimme a Break! The Complete Series (DVD)
Gimme a Break was probably the first sitcom I remember watching religiously when I was a kid. Sure it's a bit dated now, but it's dated in that charming 80's warm, fuzzy feeling way. I was ecstatic when Universal announced the Season 1 DVD back in 2005 in the US, as I had never seen the show again since their original airings. Then they never announced Season 2, for lack of sales I guess. Hope flickered again a couple of years later when VEI announced season 2 for Canada only. And again disappointment set in when it seemd there would never be a season 3 release. So here we are in 2010 and I hear that VEI will be releasing the entire series in one shot. My Gimme A Break dream come true? Indeed! Sure I already bought S1 & 2, but the price was VERY reasonable for an entire six season set and I'm glad to finally have all the episodes, uncut no less! There are no show related extras, and there are some original source print irregularities here and there, but they look and sound good enough. I wish all completed TV series could get full box sets like this instead of having to wait for season-by-season which may never even come (as it seems to be the case for a lot of TV-on-DVD shows these days). Thank you VEI for sticking with the show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gimme A Break is Finally Complete!!!, Aug. 17 2010
Charles I. (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gimme a Break! The Complete Series (DVD)
What can I say about Gimme A Break, its a great classic 80's show to watch! Nell Carter is a great actress and comedian and she seems to really shine on this show. She has so much talent and charm, and it really shows itself on this great sitcom. She will be missed but we can always remember her when watching this great show!

As many others had said there is a great comfort watching this show and there is so much more! I am so glad that VEI decided to release this whole series instead of continuing with set by set seasons. You get to enjoy every episode now without waiting for the next season to be released.

The video quality is excellent on every season and the audio is good too! The box art looks great to me and I like how they have each season paired in two's. I wish there were some bonus material or extra behind the scene footage, but there is none, but I'm still happy with set for having all the episodes uncut!

There is so much I could say about this show and I liked everyone that's starring in it. I had never thought this show would be complete on DVD since here in the US, they only stopped at season one and I guess it was due to very low sales. Also I agree with everyone on getting this great set here instead of any place else. Amazon.ca is very fast with there orders. I did not expect to get my set so soon in just a few days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally all will be released, June 10 2010
Kristian L. Masters "mistergrey1974" (Bismarck, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gimme a Break! The Complete Series (DVD)
Can't wait to relive this show in it's entirety finally. I notice a lot of reviews complaining cause people already bought seasons 1 and 2...uh the complete set is 45 bucks, that's 11 a season for season's 3-6...I guarantee if they were released separately you would pay at least twice that per season. I can't see why you would want to but hey I like saving money personally. I'm glad this is being released as it is....I mean GIMME A BREAK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show, June 28 2010
This review is from: Gimme a Break! The Complete Series (DVD)
I own seasons one and two and I am glad this is coming out. I am buying it. If I don't want one and two I could sell them.
But I may keep them. This is a good deal and I won't have to wait years to get all seasons.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of a rip off!., May 25 2010
This review is from: Gimme a Break! The Complete Series (DVD)
This was a great show and for 6 seasons the price isn't bad, but if you already started to purchase the previous release season you are purchasing what you already have twice.

3.0 out of 5 stars the point is, June 9 2010
This review is from: Gimme a Break! The Complete Series (DVD)
said: if somebody loves Gimme a break, he owns yet season 1 and 2... so why is there no offer for 3 - 6? people dont like to pay twice!
I do hope that "some day soon" I can buy this item without season 1 +2 !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›