5.0 out of 5 stars One of her Best
This is a beautiful peace of vinyl. Not only is the music out standing, the vinyl is a candy white! This is one of my favorite Katy Perry albums and the fact that it is available on vinyl is even better. I consider this a cover-to-cover listen.

Published 15 months ago by Blake

2.0 out of 5 stars Shallow, robotized and lobotomized
Published on Oct. 3 2010 by Louis

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her Best, Aug. 16 2013
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Vinyl) (LP Record)

Be sure to use the candy themed sleeves and not the plane while sleeves the records come in. I found the ones they came in left black marks on the records.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Jan. 1 2013
ok this is a cd that i can listen to when I am feeling blue and then I feel much better or if I just need a pick me up turn it up and lets get the party started I absolutely love Katy Perry's Music !!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Shallow, robotized and lobotomized, Oct. 3 2010
Louis (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Explicit) (Audio CD)
Although Katy Perry's debut album "One of the boys" didn't reinvent the wheel, you had to be pretty jaded not to enjoy its infectious pop songs. The album had its ups and downs, but overall it presented Perry with a strong musical personality and killer hooks to match. Unfortunately, "Teenage Dream" doesn't live up to the bar set by its predecessor. In fact, it's almost impossible to listen to it all the way through without needing a break.

The horrible cover should have been a warning: Perry is now merely content to present herself as yet another sexpot female entertainer. The key word here is generic, from overrated producers to melodies that you feel you've heard before. Her vocals on this album rely so heavily on Auto-tune and audio compression, that you will find yourself wondering who the hell is this robot chick whose CD you just bought; this gets especially irritating on "Firework", where she tries to belt out big notes but comes off as a headache-inducing nuisance. Worst of all, the lyrics are terrible - shallow and loaded with inane sexual innuendos that were already worn out by the time Samantha Fox lost her audience in the late 80s; "Peacock" sounds like something that a rather immature nine year old could have written, while "Last Friday Night" sports lyrics so superficial that the song could have been on Paris Hilton's album. She may feel like she is pushing the envelope here, but she's really just serving the same tired old sexual clichés that have been around forever. And it's not just the lyrics: the second half of the album features a string of bland, unmemorable midtempo tracks that could have been performed by, well... just about anybody. And that is the main problem with "Teenage Dream": by trying to come up with something sellable (guest rappers, auto-tune, producers used by about 50% of the recording industry), Perry has wiped out whatever personality she had and has become one of an endless string of pop tarts.

To be fair, not every single song is bad on this album. Predictable lyrics asides, the title track certainly is one of her best tracks, "Last Friday night" is dumb as a box of nails but catchy nonetheless, "The one that got away" is a pleasant enough potential single and "Circle the drain" demonstrates that when she is willing to present something a little bit more personal, she can be something more than a poor man's Britney Spears. Unfortunately, those moments are too few on the album. It will probably still be a big seller, however, but as we all know that is not enought to qualify as great music. And she will definitely have to come up with something more interesting the next time around - if she wants her success to last, that is...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Nov. 25 2014
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Explicit) (Audio CD)
thank you fast shipping verry good item

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Explicit, May 6 2011
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Explicit) (Audio CD)
Now I know what explicit means when listed. Aside from that I think it is a great cd. Very catchy tunes. Fun lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Katy Perry - Teenage Dream, May 22 2011
R. Ruzicka (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Explicit) (Audio CD)
I liked Katy's debut album ("One of the Boys") but I love this one. She has definitely come into her own with this album - there are so many excellent songs on it, from the fun-in-the-sun song "California Gurls", to heart-touching "Teenage Dream" to the uplifting "Firework". The depth and the power in the lyrics of "Down the Drain" really hit a personal note and I can't stop listening to "E.T" - I'm not surprised it's hit #1 in North America! This one is going to stay in my cd player for a long time!

2.0 out of 5 stars Prefer The Old Katy Perry, March 5 2012
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Explicit) (Audio CD)
When Katy Perry first came out with One of the Boys; her music was defiantly more 'rock' than it is now. Sure the fun and meaningless factor hasn't changed to much from then compared to now, but now that Katy Perry's music is more 'pop' (probably to sell more records) the quality has taken a serious downfall. Teenage Dream is up there with the stupidest music I have ever heard. All I have to say is it's time to grow up a little bit. You're twenty five. Not sixteen. The only reason I'm giving this album a two star review is because of the song 'Who Am I Living For'. By far the best song on the album. It shows a more dark, serious and considerate side of Katy and that I have come to appriaciate over time.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay., July 9 2011
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Explicit) (Audio CD)
the cool thing is that it smells like coton candy! the songs are all okay, and none stood out. i do like "who am i living for?" though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Exciting Dream, Nov. 27 2010
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Explicit) (Audio CD)
This cd is great to purchase and enjoy if you love fun pop and/or dance music that reminds you of partytime fun. Truthfully, I was not planning to get the cd at first. This was only because I had heard "California Girls", and I thought that it was a decent song, but not one that would make me want to rush out and get the cd. Then Mtv played "Teenage Dream" and listening to the fun and sensual lyrics made me rethink my decision to purchase the cd. It was something about her music video and the lyrics and song of "Teenage Dream" that made me want to purchase her whole album and see what it is like. I am so glad that I gave her cd a chance because I do enjoy "Teenage Dream" but there are other songs on her cd that are just as good. A couple of my favorites that I think deserve more exposure and even radio airplay are "Hummingbird Heartbeat" and "Peacock". Yes, "Peacock" is a very sexually suggestive song, but it is a good song that would be good to play at a party or club. This cd grows on you more and more each time that you play it too. For instance, when I first started playing the cd "Teenage Dream" and "Peacock" were my two favorite songs. The more I play it, the more I enjoy the other songs too such as "Firework" and "Last Friday Night". The best way to tell if you are going to enjoy the cd is to ask yourself if you are comfortable playing good songs with sexual innuendos. I know this may seem obvious, but some people do not enjoy hearing songs with sexual overtones. As for me, I am fine with this because I am a sensual person who appreciates even the various types of music that some may find extremely suggestive. My husband recently showed one of her recent concert videos from youtube on the "peacock" song. She seemed to be really having fun with the song, and so did her audience (the video footage is from one of her concerts in Australia). Both my husband and I like the "Peacock" song, but all the songs on the cd are fun to listen to. This is a good cd worth buying if your taste in music is towards fun pop music that you can play at a party and/or having fun. This is also a good cd to listen to with your significant other (whether you are married, in a domestic partnership, or single). In my humble opinion, this is one of the best albums to own for this fall season.

3.0 out of 5 stars No boxer!, Dec 29 2011
This album is really good! However, I have ordered the special edition with the boxer but never received them! So be careful if you order the pecial edition...

Teenage Dream (Explicit)
Teenage Dream (Explicit) by Katy Perry (Audio CD - 2010)