5.0 out of 5 stars love this travel mug
I have tried many including teaopia mugs as well as the other trudeau mugs but this model is by far the best for several reasons
-able to drink from it even with the filter still in place just move it around til you get a clear space
-I use loose tea and am able leave them in place adding more water for additional cup
l-no bothering to have to store filter...
Published on Feb. 12 2012 by Ms. Denise R. Blais

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
Published on Dec 17 2010 by Lynn

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, Dec 17 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Trudeau Tea-Mendous 16-Ounce Tea Tumbler, Clear (Kitchen)
Beautiful mug but the mesh infuser is absolutely horrible quality. I ordered one and it was jammed into the mug past the rim that it's supposed to sit on. I was sent a replacement mug which was even worse! This one was probably pushed an inch into the mug as if somebody took a hammer and smashed the infuser until it was bent out of shape and deep in the mug. I had to return both of them!

This mug would have been a fantastic holiday gift if the infuser for either one been better quality. Now I have to shop elsewhere. Maybe future stock will be much better, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on this item right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this travel mug, Feb. 12 2012
Ms. Denise R. Blais "whimsy novel" (Brantford ,On.Canada) - See all my reviews
l-no bothering to have to store filter elsewhere
-no additional parts to come unglued
-keeps liquid warm for 2hrs even in this cold weather
-easy to hold for smaller arthritic hands
I have bought 8 and given them as gifts and everyone loves them
Can you tell that I use it a lot?
Enjoy
Best purchase from Amazon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for tea, not for rooibos, April 4 2011
I bought this mug so I could have loose tea on the go and not have to sit waiting for it to steep. To that end it works well. If you are a rooibos lover however, I would recommend something else. I always end up with over half my loose tea floating at the bottom of the mug. This was important to me, hence the rating, other than that I would give it a full 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps it warm, and doesn't break!, March 1 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I've went through so many glass double walled tea tumblers it's not funny. They're so fragile! So I decided to go plastic. I know it's not as "healthy", but I needed something that wouldn't break after the first use.

The Tea-Mendous tumbler is made out of a durable plastic. I have not detected any plastic taste in my tea, which is awesome considering I'm pouring boiling water into it. The plastic hasn't stained at all. The seal between the double walls is effective - my tea stays warm for up to 2 hours in it.

The mesh loose-leaf tea holder is excellent - it doesn't impart a metallic taste to the tea.

The lid seals on quite tight, and I haven't had any issues with spillage. I even dropped it in my car once, onto the floorboards - and not a drop was spilled. It doesn't fit in my car cup holder too well, since it's really tall and top heavy. I would say that's the main complaint.

It would be good if I could throw it in the dishwasher, but it says not to so I don't.

All in all a great product! I would buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Breaks as easily as it over-steeps!, May 4 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I was really keen to use this frequently, but only a couple days after it arrived, I dropped it on the floor of a classroom during a lecture and the rim at the top broke cleanly off. With a heavy heart, I had to through it away. I realize that you're not supposed to drop these things, but it would be nice if this product was a little more life-resistant. Before I broke it, I bought another as a gift for my aunt. After 1 week, she told me her husband has broke it. So I guess you could say this is a pretty delicate product. My girlfriend still has hers intact, so maybe it's only fragile in the hands of men :P

The basket also hangs very low, meaning the tea you prepare can oversteep easily unless you're willing to remove the basket after a few minutes, which is obviously a very big inconvenience. I have since purchased the "Aladdin Perfect Cup Tea Infuser", which I cannot recall having dropped but doesn't face the same basket issues as this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but comes with an important flaw!, Sept. 5 2013
Jessrc (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I almost like everything about this product....holds lots of tea, format is perfect, i like the brewing cup "system"...but the tumbler can leak!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for a tea lover!, May 25 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought this tea mug for my mom for Mother's Day and she loved it! She says it works perfectly and use it everyday! Now, I'm gonna buy myself one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 29 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Nice mug. Perfect for even finer teas as the mesh is quite small.
Keeps beverage hot for 30-40 minutes.
Dishwasher friendly too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for taking to your office, Aug. 14 2013
Al (Mississauga, ON) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
nothing beats proper tea leaves..with this you can drink your tea after lunch comfortably. I use it very often, no leaks, easy to clean.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but disappointing., March 3 2012
First of all, I have to say I love the way the tea looks in this tumbler. Unfortunately, mine arrived with a big scratch on the side, but it wasn't big enough of a deal for me to return it and wait even longer for another one to arrive. If that had been its only flaw, I would've been happy!

Unfortunately, the tea leaves do not stay in the little strainer basket. When you tip it to drink (and since the tea doesn't come out easily, you have to tip it a lot!), the leaves escape and start floating around in the actual tea -- gross! The first time I discovered leaves in my tea, I thought it was maybe because I was carrying the tumbler in my bag and it had shaken a lot, so the next time I was extra careful, and it still happened. I've even had a tea bag rip open and do the same thing!

I'm sad to have to sacrifice the prettiness of a see-through bottle, but I am afraid I'm in the market for a new tea tumbler, since tea with loose tea leaf in it is not quite my cup of... well, you know. :)

Trudeau Tea-Mendous 16-Ounce Tea Tumbler, Clear