5.0 out of 5 stars Serious bang for your buck
Does everything as advertised... and more. I've had this for almost a month now, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the audio feed from my MacBook air is carried through to my TV as well.

Affordable awesomeness.
Published on Dec 8 2011 by Fernando

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Crap
Published 10 months ago by G. Goerl

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Crap, Aug. 15 2014
G. Goerl (So Cal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: niceEshop White 0.2Meter Mini DisplayPort Male To HDMI Female TV Monitor Adapter (Electronics)
I ordered one of these for my macbook and when it arrived it was different from the picture. I liked it at first, why you may ask? because it worked and was cheap (or at least seemed like a good deal at the time.) But that didn't last long, 3 weeks later the adapter crapped out for no reason. Prior it would often intermittently cut out and give me trouble but I didn't think anything of it.
I should've believed the reviewers rather than thinking it was a fluke. Now I am filled with regret, don't follow the same path as I did! Look else where and don't buy this piece of crap!

I purchased mine from digiparts, I would avoid that supplier as they supplied me one that was pictured different from the listing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious bang for your buck, Dec 8 2011

Affordable awesomeness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, Nov. 10 2012
This adapter works as advertised, and seems to have no problems. I'm currently using it on my ThinkPad W530, running Windows 7 x64. The ThinkPad supports audio output through the mini-DisplayPort. The adapter carries both video and audio to the TV without error. If I find any problems with the adapter, I will update this review. Until then, I recommend this cheap adapter.

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend it to you, July 31 2014
This item is simply superb. It works with every Apple device having a thunderbolt or mini displayport. This adapter carries audio and video. I would also like to mention that there is no quality reduction from your screen to your TV. With that price, I really recommend it to anyone in need of a mini displayport to HDMI adapter.
Although if I had to say one bad thing about this product is that I didn't receive the exact product illustrated on the image above. The one I received was thinner in the place where you plug the HDMI. While the only minor difference was aesthetic, it didn't affect the performance!

1.0 out of 5 stars Took over 8 weeks to arrive and only worked for 4 days, May 19 2014
It is true, you get what you pay for. In this case, because these are drop-shipped out of China (NOT ONTARIO, like they want you to believe) customs drags these through which is why it took over 8 weeks to arrive. When it did, it lasted only a couple days...glad I ordered 2. I am not sure why it does not work, i think it has faulty inners like a like a college kids intestine. If you really need one of these I suggest reviewing where it comes from and REALISTS shipping dates. These guys had high reviews...but I did care that their shipping dates were longer...not it all makes sense.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, Sept. 13 2012
The product does the job and its ok, nothing fancy. The only con is that the plastic is really cheap so mine is kinda cracking. i had it for a couple of months and everything ok.... so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars good product but HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!, Feb. 23 2013
So I bought this product a short while ago, and it was working great and then one day, it just stopped working. I didn't step on it or abuse it at all it just went ka-put. So I contacted the seller TWICE and told them about my situation and its been 2 weeks and they have not even emailed me back. Because this product is less expensive then the name brand product, I suggest getting this from a different seller.

3.0 out of 5 stars You'll have to check out the date when your macbook was manufactured first!, Sept. 3 2013
This product works fine, the picture on tv is ok. The only thing is that the sound is not coming out of my tv but only from the macbook, because it was manufactured before a certain date ... So checkout the date of your macbook before buying this!

P.S: If you're MacBook Pro is older than the mid-2010 model then it does not support audio through the Mini-DisplayPort.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME value for the price! Great buy!, Dec 11 2013
Amazing adapter. You can find this same adapter at the Apple store for more than +$40. This adapter does the same job beautifully and you don't have to spend a lot of money. I use this adapter to connect my Macbook Pro to a monitor or a TV with a HDMI input. Then I just use a male-male HMDI cable to plug it into my TV/monitor and it works beautifully!

5.0 out of 5 stars great deal, May 23 2012
Between this product and an hdmi cable I save myself about $90 purchasing online rather than at the store. The adapter works perfect for my macbook - just a couple of changes in my preferences - easy to find how to online - and voila! Streaming through my Macbook. I had the cables delivered to my door in less than a week!