5.0 out of 5 stars Serious bang for your buck
Does everything as advertised... and more. I've had this for almost a month now, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the audio feed from my MacBook air is carried through to my TV as well.

Affordable awesomeness.
Published on Dec 8 2011 by Fernando

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Crap
Published 11 days ago by G. Goerl

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious bang for your buck, Dec 8 2011
This review is from: eforCity 282506 Mini Display Port to HDMI Adapter Compatible with Apple iMac Mini Pro MacBook Air 17-Inch (Electronics)

Affordable awesomeness.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure Crap, Aug. 15 2014
G. Goerl (So Cal) - See all my reviews
I ordered one of these for my macbook and when it arrived it was different from the picture. I liked it at first, why you may ask? because it worked and was cheap (or at least seemed like a good deal at the time.) But that didn't last long, 3 weeks later the adapter crapped out for no reason. Prior it would often intermittently cut out and give me trouble but I didn't think anything of it.
I should've believed the reviewers rather than thinking it was a fluke. Now I am filled with regret, don't follow the same path as I did! Look else where and don't buy this piece of crap!

I purchased mine from digiparts, I would avoid that supplier as they supplied me one that was pictured different from the listing.

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend it to you, July 31 2014
This item is simply superb. It works with every Apple device having a thunderbolt or mini displayport. This adapter carries audio and video. I would also like to mention that there is no quality reduction from your screen to your TV. With that price, I really recommend it to anyone in need of a mini displayport to HDMI adapter.
Although if I had to say one bad thing about this product is that I didn't receive the exact product illustrated on the image above. The one I received was thinner in the place where you plug the HDMI. While the only minor difference was aesthetic, it didn't affect the performance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, Nov. 10 2012
This adapter works as advertised, and seems to have no problems. I'm currently using it on my ThinkPad W530, running Windows 7 x64. The ThinkPad supports audio output through the mini-DisplayPort. The adapter carries both video and audio to the TV without error. If I find any problems with the adapter, I will update this review. Until then, I recommend this cheap adapter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, Sept. 13 2012
The product does the job and its ok, nothing fancy. The only con is that the plastic is really cheap so mine is kinda cracking. i had it for a couple of months and everything ok.... so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Took over 8 weeks to arrive and only worked for 4 days, May 19 2014
It is true, you get what you pay for. In this case, because these are drop-shipped out of China (NOT ONTARIO, like they want you to believe) customs drags these through which is why it took over 8 weeks to arrive. When it did, it lasted only a couple days...glad I ordered 2. I am not sure why it does not work, i think it has faulty inners like a like a college kids intestine. If you really need one of these I suggest reviewing where it comes from and REALISTS shipping dates. These guys had high reviews...but I did care that their shipping dates were longer...not it all makes sense.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is..., April 30 2014
This adapter is exactly what I expected. It's well made and it does what it says on the box (so to speak).

1.0 out of 5 stars It did not work for me., March 27 2014
After waiting for ages for this adapter to arrive, it did not work. I was dissapointed and now have to drive 200 km to go buy one at a regular store. I will take my Mac with me to be sure that the new one does work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says for a fraction of the price!, Feb. 11 2014
The one sold at the apple store is terrible. We have bought three or four replacements over the years. The cord on this one is much longer - which stops it from twisting up (which I believe is the original one's problem).

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, small melted spot, Feb. 4 2014
The mac to HDMI converted works great, which is the most important thing. It arrived, however, with a small burn/melted patch. It does not seem to effect the performance of the adapter - just thought I'd mention it.