5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly accurate when used properly
Published on Sept. 7 2011 by Dizzydog

1.0 out of 5 stars It is a good looking scale but does not work I wish I ...
Please do not buy this item mine stopped working after 5-6 weeks off usage I have changed the battery but still does not work. I have not idea what to do . It is a good looking scale but does not work I wish I knew how to contact these guys my $10.00 scale from ikea worked for years . I think I got a lemon
Published 4 months ago by Neerav Sharma

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly accurate when used properly, Sept. 7 2011
This review is from: Ozeri Touch 440 lbs (200 kg) Total Body Bath Scale, Black - Measures Weight, Fat, Muscle, Bone & Hydration with Auto Recognition and Infant Tare Technology (Home)
Just got the scale 2 weeks ago and have been using it everyday since. I am an active SEASONAL cyclist (ie when weather is good... winter messes me up big time with weight gain, etc), and my son is a young elite pro athlete. A cheap scale we had reported me at 28% fat and my son at 18% fat though we set the parameters as requested. My son was professionally determined to be at 7% fat so I knew the scale was crap. After researching a variety of scales at a variety of prices I decided on the Ozeri at amazon because of the nature of the technology and seemed a good deal. The scale reports me at around 198 lbs, 20% fat, 51% hydration, 37% muscle and 5 lbs bone(!!) and I'm 52 years old and not worthy of the athlete setting in my opinion. I had my son step on it after setting the proper information and using the athlete setting for him. It reported 194 lbs, 8% fat, 51% hydration, 64 lbs muscle and 8.9 lbs bone at age 19. His numbers were more than reasonably close to the professionally determined numbers. Mine made sense including the 5 lbs bone as I'm thin boned compared to him and apparently recent studies have shown that cyclists have significantly low bone density compared to loaded sport athletes to the point it has become a concern! I had my bone density measured independently by another method and the values were very close to what this scale reported. The end result is that I've started a weight lifting program to target bone density as well as fat% and this scale will provide me with accurate trends. I trust this scale to, at the very least give me true indications of trends and be within 10% of actual values. Not too bad at all for the price I paid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but yet not perfect, Sept. 13 2014
Generally speaking, it is a great product.

Pros: light weight, led display, memory profiles, fashion looking, glass surface easy to clean, etc.
Cons: Inaccurate body fat measurement.

My weight readings are consistent and accurate. However, it constantly reads my body fat as 9.4-9.6%, while I know my body fat is way more than that. If anyone is considering buying this scale, think about how important body fat measurement is to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scale, now I know my body fat %!, March 31 2015
This scale is fantastic. I was a little nervous about ordering it because of some of the reviews claiming the scale is not accurate, I can now confirm the scale is accurate and the problems reported are due to user error!

It is *very* important that you do not turn on the "athelete" mode when setting up your profile. If you see what looks like a man or woman running, you have to keep hitting the up and down arrows until it is gone. If you enable the athlete setting your fat % ends up being very high and inaccurate.

Big numbers, easy to read. Displays your results for a long time ( more than enough time to remember/record ).

5.0 out of 5 stars It Walks the Talk!, March 16 2015
My family needed an accurate consistent scale that we can rely on. This scale is perfect for the entire family. The profile set-up is very fast and simple, the digital readout is clear and easy to read (reading glasses not required here). We have recently re-acquainted ourselves with weight training and body building again and this scale is perfect for providing the necessary measures to know where your body is during the process. Truly, what we needed was an instrument that shows tangible body measures. Reducing your fat%, increasing your muscle%, increasing your bone density and managing your hydration may actually show an increase in weight. This scale gives you the vital information you need to see the progress of your fitness without getting discouraged. A simple weigh scale can only show you 1 measurement and most often it fosters negativity followed by neglect. The Tare technology is an added bonus for monitoring your little ones weight and the weight your furry best friend. This scale is handsome, stylish one touch convenience and smart. Thanks Ozeri, great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Accurate and Versatile Bathroom Scale, Oct. 7 2011
the sopster (Ottawa, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Received this item about two weeks ago and have been using it to track weight as part of a new fitness, diet and exercise program. So far it has worked very well - I am impressed with the accuracy of the scale for measuring weight, in comparison to the scale at the gym (analog, physician-type scale) - it is consistent with the weights I measure at the gym so I am confident this scale's accuracy is reliable.

Also, being able to measure and track body fat %, hydration/water %, muscle mass, and bone mass are added bonuses in being able to have a more complete overall picture of my health. The "profiles" feature is also really handy - it automatically recognizes which profile is yours based on your weight (as long as there's no other person in your household within 6 pounds or so of your weight, it can automatically tell which profile is you). Up to eight profiles can be added.

I got this item on sale - at about half the originally listed price - and, even with the relatively high shipping cost (about $16CDN) I can say it was an extremely good buy in terms of value for the dollar amount spent.

The seller was fast, and the packaging was really well done. It is a fragile item and arrived quickly, with no damage (and no unnecessary extra packaging, which I hate).
Overall, very happy with the purchase and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for everybody concerned about health!, Oct. 1 2012
I received my Ozeri digital scale only two days after I placed my order on Amazon, and I have been using my scale within the past couple of days. First, I really like the design. It is very sleek, and the results are consistent and accurate. It shows my body fat around 16%, and I asked a friend of mine who obviously looks leaner that me to step on the scale, and his body fat was around 13%. I also weighed my girlfriend and her body fat was shown around 26% (she also exercises regularly and looks lean so according to the standard body fat tables that I found on the web, 26% can be a very close estimate for her). I measured my body fat at different times of day and repeated the same experiment for the past couple of days and I can say the results are consistent and accurate within 1%, depending on your hydration level etc. Of course, as recommended in the instruction booklet, which I found very user-friendly, after you use the scale at different times of the day over a period of a few weeks you will figure out when you get the most consistent results.
The important thing is to know that you cannot expect the exact same percentages every time you step on the scale, because these numbers are estimates and every estimate has a little variance. For me, as my goal is to lose fat (and maintain/gain muscle at the same time), this scale is a must for me and I am very happy with my purchase. My friends also liked it as it was the first time they had an idea of their body fat. I definitely recommend this product to anyone who is concerned about their health.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, Sept. 21 2011
I have had my Ozeri scale for about a month now, and I love it! I get consistent numbers from it, and the weight matches the scale at the gym, so I have no reason to believe the other numbers are off at all. It seems to be better than my old digital scale which would vary the weight by as much as 5 pounds depending on where it sat on the floor; The Ozeri seems to be handle slight imperfections in the floor better. The only issue I have is where to keep it as you are not supposed to store it on its side (probably wasn't supposed to store my old one on its side either!)and the layout of my bathroom makes it hard to find one permanent spot that keeps it handy but out of the way - it's not a knock on the scale, just on the size of my bathroom :)

The only reason I give it a 4 rather than a 5 star rating is because it has yet to stand the test of time - as long as it keeps working as it does now, it will be a 5 star product.

Very happy with the value for my dollar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate for tracking fat loss/muscle gain, Sept. 24 2012
After trying body calipers and formulas to try and calculate body fat percentage I decided to get this scale. I thought I would be disappointed at first as electrical impedance is thought of to not be very accurate. I have to say after trying this scale for a while I have noticed very accurate trends which help greatly to tell me if I need to adjust my food intake, results are very close to measuring yourself and calculating using formulas. As well the weight is very accurate (within a pound to the tanita scale at the gym), and helps me greatly in determining if I am succeeding in my goals. Not only I love this scale but the whole family does, the 8 person profile is a nice touch and if your weight is close to someone else it will ask which profile you want to use. I highly recommend checking out this scale as you will not be disappointed at all, it is a very good buy for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars It is a good looking scale but does not work I wish I ..., March 7 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, Aug. 19 2011
Awesome Scale! Super accurate!
I had to get a physical for school, and my weight at the Doctor's office was EXACTLY the weight I was getting on this scale.
The other information is hard to determine accurate or not, but it stays consistent with my diet and looks to be realistic.
The digital LCD screen is very clear and easy to read/understand.

The design is beautiful, very thin, yet sturdy.

The profiles were a good idea, I share the scale with my mother and brothers and it is nice to have so segregation between our profile information.

All in all a great scale, it keeps me motivated as I monitor my loss of weight and body fat, as well as my gain in muscle.

5/5