Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: DVDChange

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on August 5, 2011
BBC documentaries are always least that's what I used to think. I bought this Blu-ray expecting an amazing documentary with lots of images of the solar system...both real & CGI. While there are some images of planets, moons and the sun, there's just way too much of Brian Cox, the presenter. While I have nothing against Cox personally - he seems like a pleasant fellow - when I watch a series called Wonders of the Solar System, I expect to see lots of stuff of the solar system, not Cox talking at me. And was it really necessary for Cox to go all the way to Iceland just to pick up a piece of ice and tell us that Saturn's rings are made of the same stuff? Couldn't they have just pointed the camera to his freezer and use the money that they saved to create more CGI of the solar system?

As for the special features on this set...don't bother. The special features are 2 episodes from another series called Horizon. One episode is about gravity, and the other is about time. I was falling asleep half-way through both episodes.

I bought this set in preparation for the upcoming release of Wonders of the Universe. I'm not sure now if I'll bother to get that set.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse