biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Blu-rayChange

TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 19, 2010
There is a lot of talent displayed in this cgi masterpiece by Robert Zemeckis, and this hi-tech version of Christmas Carol looks fantastic on blu-ray. Jim Carrey is unrecognizable (both visually and verbally) as Scrooge, but he also plays several other roles in the film, as does Carey Elwes, Gary Oldman and Colin Firth. The film's artistic ingenuity combined with its technical capabilities have allowed for a more accurate interpretation of A Christmas Carol according to the director (and is as Dickens originally intended). Blu-ray extras include a featurette on motion capture, an interactive calendar, and a wonderful pic-in-pic commentary (with alternating viewing modes) of the entire acting process (complete with dots and all). This is a very creative and enjoyable version of a Christmas classic - and it's highly recommended.
on March 14, 2014
I loved the movie. This review is more about the excellent service by the retailer than the movie, itself. I erroneously ordered from this retailer, not realizing that the product was in Italian [not my language], and in Region 2 format [I live in Region 1]. The movie was returned with no questions asked. Couldn't ask for more than that.
on April 21, 2014
i have been watching it few times, it was really funny as well. this movie is my favorite ever. that why im glad i bought this movie finally.
on January 7, 2013
I am not a big fan of the story, A Christmas Carol. However this being Disney I wanted to see it. I was very pleased with it. I thought it was well told and on Blu-ray with a good surround sound system everyone will enjoy it.
on December 13, 2015
The Cgi (motion capture, I think) is excellent for its time and genre - dark, magical, beautiful. It's a relatively slow-paced animation (punctuated by moments of soaring action) that's stays true to the language of Dickens (verbatim in many places). I think it would scare little ones when it's not boring them. But for a more mature audience, it's pretty darn great: a visually interesting character study with an optimistic message.
on January 16, 2014
It's a film not only for kids, adults can enjoy it similarly. The shipping time was more than expected. Well done Amazon!!!
on January 16, 2016
while flipping through TV channels during the Christmas season I caught the end of this movie. I LOVE the digital animation, such as in Polar Express, so I immediately went to Amazon and bought the DVD. I would not recommend this particular adaptation of the story to young children as the animation is very graphic and thus scary. I loved that the dialogue stayed true to the original story.
on October 19, 2015
Didn't enjoy the movie the first time around. But it has seem to have grown on me each time i watch it. Animation is wonderful, but sometime i find Jim Carrey's voice is a little annoying. Overall, this movie makes the Christmas season that much more enjoyable.
on January 29, 2015
Pas vraiment pour les enfants mais super pour les adulte ... excellent
on January 4, 2014
My son and I watched this movie together and we both enjoyed the movie. Great family movie, although it might be a little scary for very young children as a parent you can use your better judgment in deciding.