5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready for a party....
This is one of the most fun Wii games I've played in a while. I've been disappointed with most of my Wii purchases in recent months (I'm looking at you, 007 Goldeneye!) so this one was a bit of a surprise.

Published on Feb. 4 2011 by LeBrain

2.0 out of 5 stars Get's boring quick
This wasn't as fun as I was expecting, although it is fun for a group of people, after you play a few times, you don't really want to play anymore. Each game is about 60 seconds long, some require strategy, others are just luck.

We are a 30 something couple, and we have played it 3 or 4 times with friends, but we are done with it for awhile now!
Published on Dec 11 2010 by j

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready for a party...., Feb. 4 2011
LeBrain - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)

Wii Party employs a similar interface to other games in the Wii series and enables you to use your Mii's. It's quick and easy to get into, and you can easily play a game with all ages where no age group has a specific advantage. If you've seen other Wii games of this type, then you already have an idea what it looks like. The screens are colourful, clear, and easy to follow.

There is no way to do a comprehensive review of this game because we haven't explored the whole thing. However there are some games we keep coming back to, such as Bingo, the board game, and some of the questionaire games. The use of "minigames" within the actual games keep it fun and varied. Often, we will find ourselves playing the same game over and over until everybody's had a chance to win.

The board game is a blast and I think Wii Party is worth having just for that alone. Having four controllers is a must, though, so make sure your friends bring over their Wii-motes if you don't already have four.

I don't find that this game gets boring as fast as others because if you play it with different people, it has different dynamics. It's more than just the game itself, it's the party atmosphere that you create around it.

5 stars. If you have a need for this kind of party game, snap it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for 4 years and up, Jan. 8 2011
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
We play this a a family with our two daughters who are 7 and 4 1/2. This is the first game that we can all play together on Wii without the adults being completely bored. Some of the minigames require some skills, others are just luck (which is perfect for our 4 1/2 year old). The graphics are pretty good and in some cases quite amusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Fun Fun, Aug. 24 2012
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
My husband and I bought Wii Partydespite some bad reviews and we've never regretted it.
While some people find the games a little too simplistic, we've found them just the right game to while away the hot humid summer.
The variety of games are a lot of fun. If you're looking for something complicated and with a lot of nuances then look elsewhere.
We like the graphics, everything is easy to see and understand.
What we really like is that there are games for different lengths of time, with choices from 5-10 minutes long or 45-60 minutes long there is a game for however much time you have. Some of the games we've found quite addictive and are always saying just one more game. Spot the Sneak is a real favourite.

I think it would be a fun game to play with a variety of people young and old.
There are also games for one or two people. I think if you want to get children or grandparents involved in playing this is the game for you.
I also think that if you just want something to play that isn't sports or role playing adventure this is also for you.

My husband and I love it and come back to it often. You can make it as stimulating as you want it to be. Or you can make it as boring as you want it to be.
Its all about the attitude.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for family board game night... lots of fun with lots of people, June 27 2011
killerwhaletank - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
This game is great to play with a group, especially if there is a wide mix of ages and you're looking for a game that has a little bit for everyone. It would be a great choice for family board game night because everyone's involved, and the animations are cute and entertaining.

My 7 and 4-year-old nieces love it and it's one of the few Wii games where the adults have as much fun as the kids. The mini-games that make up the board game or bingo games are a good mix of competitive skilled games and games that are just luck or chance. This works out great because the 4-year-old has equal chance to win on some of the mini-games as the rest of us and doesn't always get left behind like she does in a game like Mario Kart. Plus, the mini-games are short (average about 60 seconds per game) so they keep it fresh and exciting for us... we never know what mini-game is coming next.

It's also a lot of fun with a group of adults because it's more interactive than a lot of the Wii games out there. You can choose between games for different size groups (from 2 people to 4 people, although we frequently play in a group of more than 4 by passing the Wii remote around; the mini-games are short enough so that you can take turns playing if you have more than 4 people). I think the game is best played with a minimum of 3 to 4 people to get the most fun out of it, but I have played some of the mini-games alone as well and enjoyed them, or played the pairs games and had fun.

I don't think I'd want to play this game every day, but I'm really happy to have it in my collection to play with nieces or friends when we all get together. It's like a really good board game that you can whip out to get people talking and laughing.

If you're also looking for games that are fun in a group where there's a wide range of ages or skill levels, we have had lots of fun and laughs with Just Dance and Just Dance 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wii Party offers hours of fun, Oct. 23 2013
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
If my teenage son were rating this Wii game, he would surely give it 5 stars. He loves it. I too enjoy playing it. To be precise, it is not just one game but an amazing array of mini-games. Some of them are easy to master, and others are quite difficult. My son clobbers me most of the time, but there are a few mini-games that I am better at. Personally, I do prefer Wii Sports Resort and Wii Sports to this Wii Party. But that is me (a codger of 55+, and ardent sports enthusiast). For young kids, this game offers hours and hours of enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLAISIR POUR TOUS, Dec 20 2010
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
Plusieurs jeux et très amusants... du plaisirs pour toutes catégories d'âges

Services Rapides de AMAZON....... livraison très rapide

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids couldn't stop playing this game... actually there is a variety of different games., April 2 2013
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
The good thing is that they also learn geography - lots of stuff about countries, different cultures. So they get something out of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool, July 24 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
Great for families who like to have multiple players on a game, up to 4. My favourite is the pirate ship balance game for 2 players, then the board game and the spin game. Don't really like 2 of the games on it. Unfortunately on the spin game, you don't actually get to play the mini games very often. All in all, it is a good game. Not enough assortment of mini games.

5.0 out of 5 stars giant board game, Dec 7 2010
B. Cavener (quebec) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
This is one big giant game board with lots of mini games that look like it's going to be lame,but, many of them are quite difficult and challenging especially if you have to pair up with someone.
This is a sit down game ,which is nice when you just want to relax and have fun. We love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love this game, Nov. 28 2014
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
Kids love this game. Eventhough by the time we got this game it was considered old (had been on the market for 2-3 yrs), it was very entertaining and fun to play. Kids have played the h__ out of it! Definately one of the better wii games out there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Wii Party
Wii Party by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
CDN$ 50.00