5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish & Efficient Toaster
Published on Jan. 29 2012 by JL

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall OK
I bought this toaster to replace my toaster from my student years. It was a cheap toaster that refused to die and made a so so toast, so I decided to buy a real toaster. I will confess, that I have a bodum bias, so when I saw this on sale I checked the reviews and went for it.

Pro's:

- Makes a lovely toast.
- Has multiple responsive toast...
Published on Feb. 16 2012 by ABC

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall OK, Feb. 16 2012
ABC - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Bodum Bistro 2-Slice Pop-Up Toaster with Cool Touch Exterior, Orange (Kitchen)

Pro's:

- Makes a lovely toast.
- Has multiple responsive toast settings
- Has a warmer on top.
- The cord neatly wraps and stores in the bottom.
- Cool touch exterior.
- Easy to use crumb tray

Con's:

- The UGLIEST colour ever. And that is probably an understatement. It is an awful dirty orange. Matt finish. Looks awful. Its just ugly ugly. I keep it hidden on the counter so I only have to look at it when I toast my bread.
- The cool touch exterior is NOT easy to wipe down. Esp, if you get manage to get butter or Jam on it. I think the metal ones are easiest to clean.
- Will ONLY work with store bought wonder bread type bread size. It is NOT deep enough for home made or artisan breads. I had especially called Bodum to confirm depth and the answer was obviously misleading(2 strikes against Bodum). Kept it only because of the price point. Its not too much of a bother for me to toast half slices, my home made vertical loaf bread is quite tall. But it may not work for people who buy other sizes of bread.
- The Crumb tray needs cleaning almost after every use
- The construction feels very very flimsy. Hope it lasts. My refused-to-die toaster cost me barely $20 and I used it for well over a decade. I bought this for $40 on a markdown, doubt its worth the full price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish & Efficient Toaster, Jan. 29 2012
I bought this toaster primarily for my husband, who is very fussy about toasters. He really likes it! It gets hot enough to toast toast without completely drying it out ... Very basic toaster, stop button raises toast immediately. The pop-up warming rack is a nice extra touch. And I love the bright orange colour, it looks great on the countertop (less tempting to put it away in the cupboard between uses ...)

3.0 out of 5 stars lightly toasted..., Jan. 10 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I got this toaster a week ago and it seems to be the featherweight of toasters, at least when it comes to whole grain bread, most of the time i have to have it set on dark and have to push it down again ,my toaster oven does a better job on one side....soo if you only eat white bread i recommend this toaster...

3.0 out of 5 stars Color?????????, Dec 30 2011
I havent had much of a chance to use the actual machine yet, but I was dissapointed with the inaccuracy of the colour. I bought a kettle too and its colour is true to the picture, but the toaster and I am assuming the other appliances with the similar material are no where near the orange that is shown in the pics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, awesome colour!, Dec 28 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
The accent colour of my kitchen is orange and I looked everywhere for orange appliances. This was the only one I could find that would ship to Canada. Looks and works great. Same price as listed on the Bodum website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight Toaster, Jan. 27 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Space savings, very light, great looking design.
It toasts bread quite consistent and controllable.
The bun holder (or whatever it called) is very convenient.