summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Size: 250watts|Color: Onyx Black|Change

on April 20, 2016
the KitchenAid Classic mixer is well made, and works very good..The wife loves the machine, and it makes her cooking so much easier, and she was very overjoyed to receive such a fine product.. The service and shipping is very good from amazon...thank you
on December 20, 2010
I like this mixer, but I would have preferred the larger 5 quart version with the bigger bowl. I also often use this mixer for kneading dough, and it has never smoked, but the lowest settings are all that are needed for decent kneading. However, I have had the trouble with the bowl tightening into the base grooves, and I've even had to call on the aid of a strong man to help get it unstuck. I just recently got the shredder attachment to this mixer, which I also love. I buy the huge blocks of cheese and shred them myself with this, and I like to use it for carrots and potatoes, as well. Kitchenaid makes great attachments for their mixers. I've had this mixer for 8 years, and everything is still in excellent working order - a real quality, sturdy piece of equipment.
This is a great machine and spending $200.00 on it was a bargain. Some people complain about the bowl sticking. The user manual states to gently turn the bowl to lock it, not forcibly but gently.
There's absolutely no need to twist the bowl into the locking mechanism too tight. I do it very gently and it stays in place even when kneading bread or cinnamon rolls dough and once done I twist it in the other direction and comes off without any problems.
The overheating some are reporting when kneading doughs is that the machine must not exceed speed 2 when working on bread dough. If you do it at higher speed the motor isn't powerful enough and can't keep up specially when there's a lot of dough. For that kind of jobs you may want to look into the professional grade machines like the kitchenaid pro 600. I knead bread dough on level 2 and just let it run for a good 5-7 minutes and the dough comes out soft and velvety. The trick is to let it run on a lower speed even if it has to take longer.
Lighter tasks such as cake mix, whipped creams and even cookie dough I have no problem running on higher speed up to 10.

One other thing to mention is the first time I used this machine I found the head was wobbly. An issue experienced by some customers from the reviews I read. I had my husband tighten the 3 screws under the motor head like another customer suggested and the wobbling stopped. I think Kitchenaid needs to improve on their quality control in my opinion. Other than that, this machine was a great buy. It handled all I've thrown its way for my 10 year old daughter's birthday (we've baked from cakes and cookies to chocolate eclairs and key lime pie (recipe for key lime in in the kitchenaid recipe book).
Hope this helps !
on January 1, 2014
She enjoys baking, and I enjoy eating.. I may have came up with the perfect way to get her to bake more, while I have to do less..
This mixer is easy to clean, mixes well, and I get more desserts as she likes using it..
on January 26, 2011
Why did I wait so long to buy it. As a very busy professional and volunteer this Mixer has simplified my life beyond belief
on April 19, 2016
This is a quality item although the wire Wisk attachment was missing from the box. Kitchenaid said they would send one but they are out of stock at this time. We will have to wait and see if they really do.
on December 24, 2013
I've been wanting a kitchenaid for a couple years now. I'm so pleased with this machine and how easy it is to make treats. I wish I had bought one with a bigger bowl, I should have read closely that you can't interchange bowls but I love it none the less.
on October 4, 2011
This product does not come as pictured. There is no bowl handle or black 'arms'... This picture is apparently the 'professional' model not the 'classic' which is the one described and sold. Was a little disapppointing since I really wanted one with a bowl handel but other than that I absoluately love my mixer, just wish it had come with the bowl pictured.
on December 26, 2010
I just recieved this mixer as a Christmas gift this year, after using my Mother in Laws mixer for the last 4 years I really wanted my own now that my family and I have our own place. I had so much fun creating recipes using this mixer and can only imagine the many more to come. I love this mixer!
on January 21, 2014
It was over 50% off when I bought mine because I don't think it's worth $500 but it has met all my expectations. It comes with great tips and recipes. It is easy to use and easy to clean. There are so many great attachments to add to my collection, that I am keeping my eyes open for sales on.