4.0 out of 5 stars Boy Meets World = Best Show EVER!, July 7 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
When I first heard BMW's complete first season was FINALLY coming out on DVD, I was ecstatic. I had alwayz longed for BMW to be released on DVD, and I hope they release the entire series out on DVD, as I prefer the later seasons over the earlier ones. I will DEFINITELY be buying the later seasons if they are released, but will pass on the earlier seasons, including this one. Now I'm not saying that the earlier seasons are bad, but some people prefer the earlier seasons, and others (like me) prefer the later seasons. I also think I speak for everyone when I say: PLEASE RELEASE ALL 7 SEASONS OF BOY MEETS WORLD!!!!!
Why I like the later seasons better:
1. The character's personalities have so much more depth to them than in the earlier seasons.
2. Eric's crazy personality is exaggerated even more, resulting in a HILARIOUS performance from him.
3. The script makes you laugh and cry, more so than in the earlier seasons.
4. Additional new characters Rachel, Jack, and Angela give the episodes more scope and adds hilarious subplots to the show.
5. It contains my favorite episode: "And Then There Was Shawn", the hilarious spoof of the movie Scream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy Meets World is a classic!, March 14 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
I grew up in high school watching this show. The day I graduated high school was the same day the series finale aired. I have followed this show since I was 6 or 7th grade. This first season set will introduce you to Corey (Ben Savage) and his best friend Shawn (Rider Strong) and they battle through every day things teens face in high school. What I thought was great about this show is that Corey lived next door to his teacher and he became a mentor for everyone on the show as the series progressed. I liked Boy Meets World when they got into more serious matter and when Topanga (Danielle Fishel) became a regular. I have never seen season 1's episodes in order but it will be nice to finally have the show I grew up with in high school finally in my own hands. Boy Meets World is one of my favorite shows ever. This is probably the only show that lasted so long that it was there as I battled the same thing all the main characters battle whenever they are in high school.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Cannot Wait Till August :-D, May 17 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
I love Boy Meets World, I always felt like as I grew up the show grew with me. I faced so many problems that got adressed on the show that sometimes I found myself turning to the show for advice. I'm so thrilled that this show is finally being released and I only hope that they will release all the seasons as I would love to own them all on DVD. I will however have to part with my very old recorded videos they have become almost unwatchable because of how many times they have been watched. This has got to be one of the best shows that was ever made, and even though your alot older now you can still watch it and laugh. BMW always brings back good memories for me, stuff that sometimes I have forgotten and I always get this feeling like i'm a kid again whenever I watch it which is a feeling I like to hold on to.
I suggest all Boy Meets World fans to buy the DVD on August 24th (YAY! Only 3 and half months to go!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The TGIF days are coming back at last!!!, June 28 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
I am 14 years old, and I remember back in the good old days of ages 4,5,6, and 7, watching these shows, such as Boy meets World, Full House, Family Matters, and Step by Step. They have yet to release the other three on DVD, but when they do, I am gonna go out and buy them! If you are at least 14 or older, you will definatley relate to me when I say the days of TGIF on ABC, every Friday night, beginning at eight o' clock sharp, were the best days, EVER. Shows such as this one will send you in a time warp as you travel back in time and enjoy the memories of such a great time in American Television. I encourage those to watch VH1's, I love the 90's, in July, and I bet anything that this TGIF lineup will be in there. So, if you enjoy a great show, in a great televison era, buy this!

4.0 out of 5 stars So Happy, Sept. 23 2010
This review is from: Boy Meets World: The Complete First Season (DVD)
LOVE this show. So glad they re-released it. slim case, the size of a movie. 3 discs with all episodes including a bonus episode from season 4. audio commentary on 2 episodes, one of which is the season 4 episode. Already watched the whole thing. Very happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Boy Meets World" and "The Wonder Years", March 4 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
For those who don't know about "Boy Meets World" it's a 90's adaptatation of the popular 80's show "The Wonder Years". The intersting thing about this is that the boy who played the main character in "The Wonder Years", Fred Savage, and the boy who played the main character in "Boy Meets World", Ben Savage, are brothers in real life. I grew up watching "Boy Meets World", and I find that it's probibly the best acting by a teenager I've seen since "The Wonder Years".
Both shows were real good. The only thing I think that makes "The Wonder Years" better was it's ability to really capture the period in which it took place.

5.0 out of 5 stars My childhood..., March 26 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
I was just about to turn 6 when this show began to air. However, my age didn't stop me from watching it; I watched it all of the time. Even though I was young, it was a funny show. Eric was so dumb, and Cory and Shawn were hilarious. I developed a crush on Cory at first, and then as the show (and I) aged, my crush switched to Shawn, (and I still have a crush on him...) I began to understand more of the "older" humor, and they became, to me, like my older cousins- close friends who were always there. Now, I watch Boy Meets World on the Disney Channel and tape all of the episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy Meets World rocks!!!, July 14 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
Having Boy Meets World released on DVD is so awesome! I consider this show one of the best shows ever...it's comic genius! Between the hilarious things that Eric does, to the close relationships between Cory and Shawn and Cory and Topanga, everything adds up to make a spectacular show. Although the 1st season isn't my favorite, as a BMW fan, I for one, will take what I can get! Hopefully between all the other obsessive Boy Meets World fans like myself :)...the release of this DVD will be successful enough to have them release all 7 seasons. Viva Boy Meets World!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Show on TV!, March 15 2004
R. Campbell "voicetek20" (Hamilton, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
I also grew up watching this show. I was the same age as the characters on the show. I couldn't wait til Friday night so I could watch it! As the characters grew up, so did I. It seemed as if we were all facing the same problems together. After so many years on TV you feel like you're best friends with these people. I remember crying during the last episode because it felt as if my best friends were leaving. This show holds so many memories for me and will be an awesome addition to my DVD collection. I can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, March 27 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets World:S1 (DVD)
I also grew up watching this show, and not being able to wait until the next episode. As I grew up, so did the characters. Not a single episode let me down, although the story may have filled me with laughter or sadness. Although they went their separate ways, I continue to watch no matter how old I may be or get. Even though the series ended, I persist in watching the re-runs every night on Fox Family. This is my number one favorite t.v. show, and I'm happy to see that I will be able to keep it with me in a DVD.

Boy Meets World: The Complete First Season