5.0 out of 5 stars I am totally hooked on this series!
I got this DVD set even though I had never seen the show before.

I love the guy from Six Feet under, and the girl from Gilmour Girls and thought I would give it a try. I am absolutely thrilled that I took the chance! This is SUCH a great show! I am totally hooked!

Published on Jan. 5 2011 by snuggybrinks

the sound has been very poor , not real pleased thought these were new .The show is wonderful and am enjoying but there was a flaw in some of the cds I think.
Published 8 days ago by Duska Buckingham

5.0 out of 5 stars I am totally hooked on this series!, Jan. 5 2011
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
I got this DVD set even though I had never seen the show before.

The story line is about a family of 4 grown children, and it weaves in and out of each of their lives telling the stories of them and their kids and their slightly hippy parents. This is the family that we all wish we had growing up, yet it is not sugary sweet...the stories are real and the characters are facing problems that many young familes face every day.

One of the main plot lines is that one of the children is diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome (a high functioning form of Autism), the family struggles through the diagnosis and we are brought along as they deal with the life changing decisions and daily routines that shape their lives.

One of the sisters is dealing with a broken marriage to a drug addict, and she and her two teenage children move back home to the parents house, and all that goes along with starting over is explored with her....

I won't give it all away...but you will find yourself saying "I am just going to watch one more....and then I will go to bed..." It is totally addictive so set some time aside if you start to watch it!

This set comes HIGHLY recommended!! I just hope the show finds it's audience and is able to stay on the air! Let's get the word out about this hidden gem before it is too late!!

Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing series, Dec 21 2011
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
Parenthood gives you an insight into the life of one special extended family. Drama, yes but emotional, funny, gripping and informative. For me with grandchildren in their 20's, I can see the challenges of the family today through the powerful writing and performances. The strength of the individual family as well as the importance of the support of the family as a whole comes through. I love them.

1.0 out of 5 stars the sound has been very poor, not real pleased thought these were new, July 14 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SHOW ON TV, May 26 2014
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
BETTER THEN SEASON 2. GREAT ACTING AND A GREAT STORY LINE. MY WIFE AND I LOOK FOEWARD TO WATCHING EACH SHOW

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome show!, May 25 2014
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
I started watching Parenthood at season 4 because a few of my friends really like it. Well, I was hooked after the first episode of season 4! I love all the characters as well as the story line. So that's why I had to get seasons 1-3. Just finished season 1 and can't wait to watch 2 and 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding Love with the Parenthood television show, Nov. 14 2013
Scoopriches (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn’t like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

Grandma, Parenthood the movie, 1989

That little talk from Grandma, given to Steve Martin towards the end the classic Ron Howard film Parenthood, encapsulates so much about life, the universe and everything. And it applies even nowadays, as the current television show with the same name can attest to.

Parenthood was the brainchild of Howard, with screenwriters Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel, and told the multi generational snapshot of the lives of a family. After a short lived television version failed in 1990, writer Jason Katims of Friday Night Lights and My So-Called Life fame went forth and created this contemporary update in 2010, now in its fifth season.

Following the blueprint of what has come before, Katims brings the hated moments of life, the joyous parts of any day, the intentional laughs interactions with kids can bring, and the unintentional laughs those same children can provide mere seconds later. Add in the cringe worthy parts of existence your offspring, whether young, teen, or adult, can inflict on you, and you have life as we know it.

You’re going to have to learn life isn’t fair.

Zeek

Parenthood 2010 is all about the Braverman family.

Zeek and Camille are the parents to four now grown children, Adam, Sarah, Julia and Crosby. The first season picks up with them in a lurch in their relationship, a fact they keep secret from the kids. Camille and Zeek share a long history together, with only hints and nibbles of their past dropped along the way. Even the four offspring don’t know all the details of everything.

Adam is the most stable, reliable man ever created. Always striving to be the responsible one who cares for and provides for his family. Kristina is the stay at home mom who presides over teen daughter Haddie and problematic young son Max. We quickly learn Max’s issues, which include constantly wearing a pirate outfit, is all because of autism.

Sarah is the perpetual wanderer. After countless thankless years being married to an alcoholic travelling musician, she finds herself in 2010 penniless and moving back in with her parents. Her only pride in life are her two teenagers, the moody outspoken Amber and the quiet introspective Drew.

You know what? Your trying to control my stress is stressing me out.

Zoe

Julia is the ultra controlling lawyer. Her perfect expensive office in a huge corporate building mirrors her immaculate large spacious house. House husband Joel takes care of little daughter Sydney, who is already exhibiting lawyer like tactics when dealing with her parents.

Crosby is the unreliable womanizer. He loves his freedom, working at a recording studio, and living on his boat. But right away in season one, an old girlfriend from years before, shows up with a surprise named Jabbar. Crosby has too grow up very quickly, all to become a father to his young son, and to figure out what kind of relationship he will have with Jasmine, the boys mother.

So, maybe we have your mom do it. She loves giving bad news. It’s her specialty!

Crosby

All these characters and stories and more spiral out of just the first bunch of episodes. With the ball of life rolling, and in some cases, steamrolling along, events move at a brisk pace for the Braverman clan.

Sarah starts dating her daughter’s high school english teacher, even through he is over a decade younger. Haddie angrily confronts her dad’s sexism. Crosby has to slowly break the news to his family about Jabbar. Amber goes to far and gets into serious problems.

He hit me first and then I get lunch detention? What genius thought that up?

Max

And that is just season one. Further along, more children are born, people get sick, families expand, major rifts between parents and child occur, boyfriends and girlfriends come and go for the adults and teens, and every so often former Friday Night Lights stars will pop in for awhile – playing different characters of course.

One of the joys of Parenthood is that even if one character or storyline or concept does not thrill or entice or move you, some other event or moment or glance will come along within a scant few minutes. Googliebear and I have our favourites and dislikes of everything Parenthood. While we both loved the Haddie arc from season two, the current fifth season story with Kristina annoys us.

Sometimes being the perfect parent isn’t worth the blood on the floor.

Camille

What Ron Howard launched on the big screen, Jason Katims perfected on the small screen. These intimate, emotional snapshots of several months in these people’s lives always hit home.

Parenthood is about kids always being kids, even to the adult parents.

Parenthood is about parents always being parents, even to the adult kids.

Parenthood is about kids and parents sharing love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Parenthood!!!!!!!!!!!!, Aug. 22 2013
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
I would recommend this series to anyone! My whole family loves watching this show! We have never missed an episode and now bought all the seasons to share with friends and family who haven't yet watched it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, March 12 2013
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
Watched this years shows & thoroughly enjoyed them. Wanted to see the first season. Watched with my daughter it was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parenthood Season 1, Feb. 22 2012
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
I missed most of this season on tv, so really enjoyed catching up. The family (as most families) seems a little disfunctional. They are, however; always there for each other when push comes to shove. I enjoyed it and have since ordered the 2nd season.

4.0 out of 5 stars shop around for better prices!, Dec 30 2011
This review is from: Parenthood: Season 1 (DVD)
Disappointed to find this item at 50% less at WalMart. I didn't expect Amazon.ca to be priced so much higher. I've learned my lesson and will definitely shop around!

Parenthood: Season 1