5.0 out of 5 stars From no juice to daily juice
Published on Sept. 27 2012 by LGR

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the juicer but pulp seems quite wet
Love the juicer itself. The construction is sturdy and it looks great on my countertop.

We've only been using it for a week so maybe I'm missing something but it seems like the pulp is quite wet. Not dripping wet but quite wet. Also the top part , above the container for pulp gets all the pulp it seems.

Will keep using it and up date this review.
Published 4 months ago by JBee

5.0 out of 5 stars From no juice to daily juice, Sept. 27 2012
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
We bought this on impulse after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly dead and had no experience with juicing or fresh juice. But reviews indicated this was best for our price range and we love it. We have juiced every day since it arrived, we eat crates of vegetables now and at the end of the week there is nothing left. Much better than buying veg then having them wasted cuz we don't eat them. The juicer has a very wide mouth, is simple to assemble and disassemble. Cleaning takes a couple of minutes to do because you have to scrub the filter but the brush provided is amazing for the job. The plug design is brilliant! And on low it's quiet, on high it's louder but still ok. I suggest coring an apple and stuffing light leafies like parsley into the cored part to get the most juice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, May 17 2013
merlin - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Update: July 11, 2013
------------------------

It's been 2 months since I owned the juicer, and now I can evaluate it more accurately. Generaly, it's a great juicer which does the juicing job perfectly.

But, I have to take off 1 star (actually I would have taken off only 1/2 star if possible) for the following shortcomings:

1) the lid on the juice container does not lock at all, and when you pour the juice it falls off spilling the liquid all over the place - found out the hard way! From then on I transfer the juice immediately to a jar with a tight lid - but that means having on hand an extra container and more washing. Breville fix that in the future models, please!

2) washing parts in a dishwasher is confusing because some parts can only be washed by hand. But, which part is which? Yeah, there is narrative about it somewhere in the manual but who has the patience to read the manual each time one wants to clean the juicer? I wish there was some indication on the part itself if it's save to wash it in a dishwasher or not.

----

Just by accident, I watched the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dead" (available on YouTube), and on the spur of the moment I decided to give juicing a try.

My Breville JE98XL arrived within 2 days of placing the order (amazon.ca - you are really amazing). Today, I made my first ever juice. I was not prepared, neither I followed any kind of recipe. I took whatever I had in the fridge: 2 tomatoes, 1/2 English cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 4 stalks of celery, 1 apple & a chunk of celery root (celeriac). Nothing else - no salt, no sugar, no other spices. I got 2 cups of delicious juice.

Now, granted I had my juicer for only few days, so I'll see how it performs in the long run but so far I'm very impressed. The juicer is small, so it fits my tiny kitchen and a perpetual lack of the counter space. It is fast and quiet. The pulp was dry, the juice plentiful. The operating instruction could not be simpler - one switch going three ways - up for slow speed, middle for off, down for high speed. No confusing settings or digital anything. The cleaning is relatively painless - well, if you own a blender or a kitchen machine you know the routine. Some parts can be washed in a dishwasher (did not try).

One piece of advice: if you juice tomatoes (and I presume that goes for any soft veggie/fruit), turn the machine off, place the tomatoes in the chute, cover with plunger, then turn the machine on. I made a mistake of placing tomatoes while the machine was running, and ended up with a bit of a splatter on the wall!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, Feb. 3 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
We have only had this juicer for a couple of weeks now but from what we can see, it's great! It gets most if not all of the pulp from the fruits and veggies we throw in and is relatively easy to clean. The pulp bin is also large enough to hold a grocery bag in it so that you don't have to waste time cleaning it that often.

All in all, very happy with this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Jan. 27 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I absolutely love this! I'm so impressed on how well it works. The pulp is dry letting me know that the machine is juicing everything really well. It is louder than I thought it would be but that's why it works so well. It just pulverizes everything getting as much juice as possible. I would recommend this to everyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Jan. 22 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Purchased this juicer as I watched fat sick and nearly dead over the holidays. Really easy to use, cleans up very quickly. I recommend putting a bag liner in the pulp container for faster cleanup. So far love the juices I use in combination with the Nutribullet

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift item to a family friend, March 2 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
All I have heard from the recipient of this item is that they love it. From what I have heard from her, everyone should have one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this juicer!, Jan. 26 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Bought this after seeing my parents use
Theirs and love it! This is my first juicer and I love that u can put the entire fruit into it and it gives you pulp free juice. Easy to use and easy wash as well. Highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My new toy, Jan. 21 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I love this juicer. was worried about waste, but have been able to use most of the pulp. Have been able to increase veg and fruit easily....

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Juicing, Feb. 15 2014
Fran G (BLAINE, WA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
This device is a joy to use. With no experience, I now have a great veggie juice, and a breakfast one too!
This will be a slow but steady adventure. So far, what I have noticed from the veggie juice, is that I need way less muscle relaxers I need for fibromyalgia.
The fibre left behind is quite dry, which means the juicer is working.
When I get more into this, I will use some of the veggie fibre in an evening omelette.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best juicer, Feb. 6 2013
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I have used many juicers and this is the best. I use it every day for carrots/apples/celery/eggplant and anything else I have in the fridge. The worst part is the clean up, but if you do it right away, before you drink the juice, its fine.

Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus