5.0 out of 5 stars From no juice to daily juice
Published on Sept. 27 2012 by LGR

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I bought this from Canadian Tire for $200. Whenever I would juice then check the pulp, it was very wet with many large chunks still in tact, even though I always pushed the produce down super slowly. Especially greens, which everyone knows don't juice well in centrifugal juicers, were all in tact when I checked the pulp. It looked like a barely processed salad. When I'd...
Published 8 months ago by Dan Charbonneau

5.0 out of 5 stars From no juice to daily juice, Sept. 27 2012
LGR - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
We bought this on impulse after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly dead and had no experience with juicing or fresh juice. But reviews indicated this was best for our price range and we love it. We have juiced every day since it arrived, we eat crates of vegetables now and at the end of the week there is nothing left. Much better than buying veg then having them wasted cuz we don't eat them. The juicer has a very wide mouth, is simple to assemble and disassemble. Cleaning takes a couple of minutes to do because you have to scrub the filter but the brush provided is amazing for the job. The plug design is brilliant! And on low it's quiet, on high it's louder but still ok. I suggest coring an apple and stuffing light leafies like parsley into the cored part to get the most juice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, May 17 2013
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Update: July 11, 2013
------------------------

It's been 2 months since I owned the juicer, and now I can evaluate it more accurately. Generaly, it's a great juicer which does the juicing job perfectly.

But, I have to take off 1 star (actually I would have taken off only 1/2 star if possible) for the following shortcomings:

1) the lid on the juice container does not lock at all, and when you pour the juice it falls off spilling the liquid all over the place - found out the hard way! From then on I transfer the juice immediately to a jar with a tight lid - but that means having on hand an extra container and more washing. Breville fix that in the future models, please!

2) washing parts in a dishwasher is confusing because some parts can only be washed by hand. But, which part is which? Yeah, there is narrative about it somewhere in the manual but who has the patience to read the manual each time one wants to clean the juicer? I wish there was some indication on the part itself if it's save to wash it in a dishwasher or not.

----

Just by accident, I watched the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dead" (available on YouTube), and on the spur of the moment I decided to give juicing a try.

My Breville JE98XL arrived within 2 days of placing the order (amazon.ca - you are really amazing). Today, I made my first ever juice. I was not prepared, neither I followed any kind of recipe. I took whatever I had in the fridge: 2 tomatoes, 1/2 English cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 4 stalks of celery, 1 apple & a chunk of celery root (celeriac). Nothing else - no salt, no sugar, no other spices. I got 2 cups of delicious juice.

Now, granted I had my juicer for only few days, so I'll see how it performs in the long run but so far I'm very impressed. The juicer is small, so it fits my tiny kitchen and a perpetual lack of the counter space. It is fast and quiet. The pulp was dry, the juice plentiful. The operating instruction could not be simpler - one switch going three ways - up for slow speed, middle for off, down for high speed. No confusing settings or digital anything. The cleaning is relatively painless - well, if you own a blender or a kitchen machine you know the routine. Some parts can be washed in a dishwasher (did not try).

One piece of advice: if you juice tomatoes (and I presume that goes for any soft veggie/fruit), turn the machine off, place the tomatoes in the chute, cover with plunger, then turn the machine on. I made a mistake of placing tomatoes while the machine was running, and ended up with a bit of a splatter on the wall!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, Feb. 3 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
We have only had this juicer for a couple of weeks now but from what we can see, it's great! It gets most if not all of the pulp from the fruits and veggies we throw in and is relatively easy to clean. The pulp bin is also large enough to hold a grocery bag in it so that you don't have to waste time cleaning it that often.

All in all, very happy with this product

5.0 out of 5 stars More than met my expectations., Feb. 2 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Inspired by Joe Cross and his documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, my son and I bought the juicer and have used it daily ever since. The price was extremely reasonable given the quality of the juicer. This is as heavy duty as we'll ever need; easy to clean but I must add a proviso: the cleaning is made easier if the components are soaked immediately in hot soapy water, especially the blade unit. I would highly recommend this juicer to anyone embarking on the exciting world of juicing! It has certainly exceeded our expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Oct. 20 2011
Moondrops - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
This is the best juicer - it is a bit pricey but it is worth the cost. Easy to use,
easy to clean and makes excellent juice. Couldn't have asked for a better machine!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome juicer, March 2 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
does a great job. I use it almost everyday. Much faster and more powerful than my previous juicer. love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate to buy, March 2 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Great product, exactly meeting my needs and expectations! Easy to use and clean, this juicer is built to last! Breville is the way to go for juicing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift item to a family friend, March 2 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
All I have heard from the recipient of this item is that they love it. From what I have heard from her, everyone should have one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, Feb. 20 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Great product and easy to use. I make juice all the time now. I would highly recommend this juicer and I got it at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good juicer, Feb. 17 2014
This review is from: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I love this juicer. For the fair price I paid it, it is very worthwile. I would highly recommend it.

Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus