5.0 out of 5 stars From no juice to daily juice
Published on Sept. 27 2012 by LGR

2.0 out of 5 stars Was a 5 star review...
Ok so initially when I got this it was a 5 star product. Easy to use, easy to clean and worked very well. I was very happy.

Fast forward one year of use- the machine still works but leaks over the side. It does this due to engine slow down which causes the juice and pulp to build in the centrifugal area.

The engine slows down to an unacceptable rate...
Published 3 months ago by James

5.0 out of 5 stars From no juice to daily juice, Sept. 27 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
We bought this on impulse after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly dead and had no experience with juicing or fresh juice. But reviews indicated this was best for our price range and we love it. We have juiced every day since it arrived, we eat crates of vegetables now and at the end of the week there is nothing left. Much better than buying veg then having them wasted cuz we don't eat them. The juicer has a very wide mouth, is simple to assemble and disassemble. Cleaning takes a couple of minutes to do because you have to scrub the filter but the brush provided is amazing for the job. The plug design is brilliant! And on low it's quiet, on high it's louder but still ok. I suggest coring an apple and stuffing light leafies like parsley into the cored part to get the most juice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, May 17 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Update: July 11, 2013
------------------------

It's been 2 months since I owned the juicer, and now I can evaluate it more accurately. Generaly, it's a great juicer which does the juicing job perfectly.

But, I have to take off 1 star (actually I would have taken off only 1/2 star if possible) for the following shortcomings:

1) the lid on the juice container does not lock at all, and when you pour the juice it falls off spilling the liquid all over the place - found out the hard way! From then on I transfer the juice immediately to a jar with a tight lid - but that means having on hand an extra container and more washing. Breville fix that in the future models, please!

2) washing parts in a dishwasher is confusing because some parts can only be washed by hand. But, which part is which? Yeah, there is narrative about it somewhere in the manual but who has the patience to read the manual each time one wants to clean the juicer? I wish there was some indication on the part itself if it's save to wash it in a dishwasher or not.

----

Just by accident, I watched the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dead" (available on YouTube), and on the spur of the moment I decided to give juicing a try.

My Breville JE98XL arrived within 2 days of placing the order (amazon.ca - you are really amazing). Today, I made my first ever juice. I was not prepared, neither I followed any kind of recipe. I took whatever I had in the fridge: 2 tomatoes, 1/2 English cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 4 stalks of celery, 1 apple & a chunk of celery root (celeriac). Nothing else - no salt, no sugar, no other spices. I got 2 cups of delicious juice.

Now, granted I had my juicer for only few days, so I'll see how it performs in the long run but so far I'm very impressed. The juicer is small, so it fits my tiny kitchen and a perpetual lack of the counter space. It is fast and quiet. The pulp was dry, the juice plentiful. The operating instruction could not be simpler - one switch going three ways - up for slow speed, middle for off, down for high speed. No confusing settings or digital anything. The cleaning is relatively painless - well, if you own a blender or a kitchen machine you know the routine. Some parts can be washed in a dishwasher (did not try).

One piece of advice: if you juice tomatoes (and I presume that goes for any soft veggie/fruit), turn the machine off, place the tomatoes in the chute, cover with plunger, then turn the machine on. I made a mistake of placing tomatoes while the machine was running, and ended up with a bit of a splatter on the wall!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good machine; quick and easy to use and clean ..., Nov. 17 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Very good machine; quick and easy to use and clean up is easy if you do it right away. I just rinse it all in warm soapy water and put it back together. Takes about 5 minutes max. I always put a "veggie" bag from the grocery produce department so the catch bin stays clean. Overall juices well except for soft fruit. It does work for these but you will find the pulp still moist so not all the juice is extracted. I use carrots, beets, kale, spinach, celery, ginger, apples, oranges and overall these juice well. I juice approx 5-6 mornings per week (prep/clean my produce the night before and leave it in a bowl in fridge) and I find the whole process takes no longer than 20 minutes including clean up. I would rate it higher except for the fact it doesn't juice soft fruits well as mentioned earlier. Read the manual; it's helpful. Good idea to juice carrots, then soft leafy greens like kale or spinach then something hard like more carrots or beets. Sandwiching the leafy greens helps extract more juice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, Feb. 3 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
We have only had this juicer for a couple of weeks now but from what we can see, it's great! It gets most if not all of the pulp from the fruits and veggies we throw in and is relatively easy to clean. The pulp bin is also large enough to hold a grocery bag in it so that you don't have to waste time cleaning it that often.

All in all, very happy with this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Jan. 27 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I absolutely love this! I'm so impressed on how well it works. The pulp is dry letting me know that the machine is juicing everything really well. It is louder than I thought it would be but that's why it works so well. It just pulverizes everything getting as much juice as possible. I would recommend this to everyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Jan. 22 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
Purchased this juicer as I watched fat sick and nearly dead over the holidays. Really easy to use, cleans up very quickly. I recommend putting a bag liner in the pulp container for faster cleanup. So far love the juices I use in combination with the Nutribullet

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift item to a family friend, March 2 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
All I have heard from the recipient of this item is that they love it. From what I have heard from her, everyone should have one of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good intro juicer for sure, Sept. 22 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
This is a very solid Juicer, it is my first so I can't tell you how it compares to others. What I can say is that it makes a very solid amount of juice per vegetable/fruit, I have used a wide array and find the slow and fast speed to cover all my needs thus far.

As far as cleaning goes, it's not as easy as I'd like, it comes apart very easily and goes back together just as well but it's still a bit of a hassle if you want to juice multiple times a day, which is ideal as the juice is most potent shortly after being made fresh.

For the price of 144+ tax it's a fairly solid and attractive machine, it feels like it will last a decent while and the instructions it came with are good.

I imagine you will be happy with this purchase, more so if you get it on sale!

5.0 out of 5 stars My new toy, Jan. 21 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
I love this juicer. was worried about waste, but have been able to use most of the pulp. Have been able to increase veg and fruit easily....

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is fantastic. It is my third juicer, April 14 2015
Les Lamb (Courtice, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus (Kitchen)
This product is fantastic. It is my third juicer, and I have now been using it several times a day for the last week. I thought my last juicer (Omega 3000 or 3500 something?) until I got this, and there is just no comparison:

*No paper filters to buy or be bothered with.
*Easy cleanup - the brush provided does a GREAT job of cleaning the filter screen, and I throw a compost bag in the pulp basket.
*External pulp basket makes it easy to keep going when making a lot of juice - just dump it out - no need to disassemble the machine
*No matter what I put in it, the thing NEVER rocks across the counter
*2 speeds are great - lower for soft fruits to prevent the pulp from loading all one one side of the filter blade and knocking it off balance.
*Massive 3" opening to fit your fruits and veggies in the top - less cutting
*Really dry pulp means it's very efficient and doesn't waste the juice.
*The collection jug provided is amazing - lid prevents splashing, measuring lines show how much juice you've made, and lid guard prevents most of the foam "head" on the top of the juice from making it into your glass.

My last juicer was $300 years ago, and this one is twice as good for less than half the price. Very impressed.

Breville JE98XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus