biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice ca_ty_gno Tools

on September 27, 2012
We bought this on impulse after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly dead and had no experience with juicing or fresh juice. But reviews indicated this was best for our price range and we love it. We have juiced every day since it arrived, we eat crates of vegetables now and at the end of the week there is nothing left. Much better than buying veg then having them wasted cuz we don't eat them. The juicer has a very wide mouth, is simple to assemble and disassemble. Cleaning takes a couple of minutes to do because you have to scrub the filter but the brush provided is amazing for the job. The plug design is brilliant! And on low it's quiet, on high it's louder but still ok. I suggest coring an apple and stuffing light leafies like parsley into the cored part to get the most juice.
0Comment144 of 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 17, 2013
Update: July 11, 2013
------------------------

It's been 2 months since I owned the juicer, and now I can evaluate it more accurately. Generaly, it's a great juicer which does the juicing job perfectly.

But, I have to take off 1 star (actually I would have taken off only 1/2 star if possible) for the following shortcomings:

1) the lid on the juice container does not lock at all, and when you pour the juice it falls off spilling the liquid all over the place - found out the hard way! From then on I transfer the juice immediately to a jar with a tight lid - but that means having on hand an extra container and more washing. Breville fix that in the future models, please!

2) washing parts in a dishwasher is confusing because some parts can only be washed by hand. But, which part is which? Yeah, there is narrative about it somewhere in the manual but who has the patience to read the manual each time one wants to clean the juicer? I wish there was some indication on the part itself if it's save to wash it in a dishwasher or not.

----

Just by accident, I watched the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dead" (available on YouTube), and on the spur of the moment I decided to give juicing a try.

My Breville JE98XL arrived within 2 days of placing the order (amazon.ca - you are really amazing). Today, I made my first ever juice. I was not prepared, neither I followed any kind of recipe. I took whatever I had in the fridge: 2 tomatoes, 1/2 English cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 4 stalks of celery, 1 apple & a chunk of celery root (celeriac). Nothing else - no salt, no sugar, no other spices. I got 2 cups of delicious juice.

Now, granted I had my juicer for only few days, so I'll see how it performs in the long run but so far I'm very impressed. The juicer is small, so it fits my tiny kitchen and a perpetual lack of the counter space. It is fast and quiet. The pulp was dry, the juice plentiful. The operating instruction could not be simpler - one switch going three ways - up for slow speed, middle for off, down for high speed. No confusing settings or digital anything. The cleaning is relatively painless - well, if you own a blender or a kitchen machine you know the routine. Some parts can be washed in a dishwasher (did not try).

One piece of advice: if you juice tomatoes (and I presume that goes for any soft veggie/fruit), turn the machine off, place the tomatoes in the chute, cover with plunger, then turn the machine on. I made a mistake of placing tomatoes while the machine was running, and ended up with a bit of a splatter on the wall!
0Comment80 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2014
Bought this after seeing my parents use
Theirs and love it! This is my first juicer and I love that u can put the entire fruit into it and it gives you pulp free juice. Easy to use and easy wash as well. Highly recommend it!
on October 6, 2015
I purchased this product after extensive research on the best juicer to buy for the money. Breville came highly recommended without having to take out a small mortgage like you do with the Omega brands.

At first, it worked fine although I had some initial concerns that the pulp was a bit wetter than I was expecting. I participated in a 30 day juice challenge which meant that I was juicing the hell out of the machine at least 4 times a day every day for 30 days. Towards the end of my challenge, I noticed that the pulp felt wetter and wetter AND many of the fruits/veg I was dropping in were going unjuiced! Very frustrating.

If that was annoying enough, 3 months into my ownership of this product and daily use, it started to leak around the seal edges regardless of how much or how little I throw into it. I've checked and rechecked and there are no cracks or legit reasons WHY it should be leaking so I'm at a complete loss with out to deal with this.

I specifically purchased this product not only for the value (although far from the cheapest brand on the market) but for the quality and it's supposed endurance to withstand daily juicing. At this point, I'm not convinced of either of those. Unfortunately I can't afford to purchase a $400-$500 juicer and I'm not entirely convinced those would be any better for the money. I guess I'll just have to learn to deal with what I've got until I can afford something else OR just pitch it and buy another one and hope for the best yet again :/

Tread carefully.
on March 2, 2014
All I have heard from the recipient of this item is that they love it. From what I have heard from her, everyone should have one of these.
on January 21, 2014
I love this juicer. was worried about waste, but have been able to use most of the pulp. Have been able to increase veg and fruit easily....
on February 3, 2014
We have only had this juicer for a couple of weeks now but from what we can see, it's great! It gets most if not all of the pulp from the fruits and veggies we throw in and is relatively easy to clean. The pulp bin is also large enough to hold a grocery bag in it so that you don't have to waste time cleaning it that often.

All in all, very happy with this product
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
I have used many juicers and this is the best. I use it every day for carrots/apples/celery/eggplant and anything else I have in the fridge. The worst part is the clean up, but if you do it right away, before you drink the juice, its fine.
0Comment20 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2014
I was told about the Breville and after reading all the great reviews, decided to try it out! It is wonderful! We are beginner juicers and it works wonders! Easy to clean and put away. We are all about the juicing now! Amazing starter juicer!
on January 31, 2014
As per the documentary on TV with Joe Cross, the machine does everything shown, easy to use and easy to clean. And again too
getting healthy and lifestyle changes have to be because YOU want them not because anyone tells you to.

See 1 answered question