countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on May 1, 2016
Awesome product! Have had this for well over a year and have enjoyed it immensely. No reliability issues. Works as advertised and I have zero complaints. I would maybe recommend to anyone looking for a juicer to look at the more expensive models with less plastic as they should be easier to keep clean in the long run. If/when this unit ever goes down I will spend the extra $ and go a model higher. Get that juice high!!!
on September 27, 2012
We bought this on impulse after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly dead and had no experience with juicing or fresh juice. But reviews indicated this was best for our price range and we love it. We have juiced every day since it arrived, we eat crates of vegetables now and at the end of the week there is nothing left. Much better than buying veg then having them wasted cuz we don't eat them. The juicer has a very wide mouth, is simple to assemble and disassemble. Cleaning takes a couple of minutes to do because you have to scrub the filter but the brush provided is amazing for the job. The plug design is brilliant! And on low it's quiet, on high it's louder but still ok. I suggest coring an apple and stuffing light leafies like parsley into the cored part to get the most juice.
0Comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2016
This product is by far the best juicer of its kind. I bought the Fusion juicer from Walmart only to have it burn up in a week. This one has been put through the test for a month and shows no signs of wear. I am highly pleased with this juicer. Not only that, the manufacturer has a 1 year built-in warranty.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 17, 2013
Update: July 11, 2013
------------------------

It's been 2 months since I owned the juicer, and now I can evaluate it more accurately. Generaly, it's a great juicer which does the juicing job perfectly.

But, I have to take off 1 star (actually I would have taken off only 1/2 star if possible) for the following shortcomings:

1) the lid on the juice container does not lock at all, and when you pour the juice it falls off spilling the liquid all over the place - found out the hard way! From then on I transfer the juice immediately to a jar with a tight lid - but that means having on hand an extra container and more washing. Breville fix that in the future models, please!

2) washing parts in a dishwasher is confusing because some parts can only be washed by hand. But, which part is which? Yeah, there is narrative about it somewhere in the manual but who has the patience to read the manual each time one wants to clean the juicer? I wish there was some indication on the part itself if it's save to wash it in a dishwasher or not.

----

Just by accident, I watched the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dead" (available on YouTube), and on the spur of the moment I decided to give juicing a try.

My Breville JE98XL arrived within 2 days of placing the order (amazon.ca - you are really amazing). Today, I made my first ever juice. I was not prepared, neither I followed any kind of recipe. I took whatever I had in the fridge: 2 tomatoes, 1/2 English cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 4 stalks of celery, 1 apple & a chunk of celery root (celeriac). Nothing else - no salt, no sugar, no other spices. I got 2 cups of delicious juice.

Now, granted I had my juicer for only few days, so I'll see how it performs in the long run but so far I'm very impressed. The juicer is small, so it fits my tiny kitchen and a perpetual lack of the counter space. It is fast and quiet. The pulp was dry, the juice plentiful. The operating instruction could not be simpler - one switch going three ways - up for slow speed, middle for off, down for high speed. No confusing settings or digital anything. The cleaning is relatively painless - well, if you own a blender or a kitchen machine you know the routine. Some parts can be washed in a dishwasher (did not try).

One piece of advice: if you juice tomatoes (and I presume that goes for any soft veggie/fruit), turn the machine off, place the tomatoes in the chute, cover with plunger, then turn the machine on. I made a mistake of placing tomatoes while the machine was running, and ended up with a bit of a splatter on the wall!
on September 2, 2015
For the price it's a good juicer. However when I compare it to my old juicer this Breville doesn't hold up. The Breville leaves behind a very wet pulp meaning it doesn't extract as much juice and has a tendency to spit whole pieces of vegetables and fruits in the pulp bin. My Champion juicer did a better job but was triple the price of this Breville. The Breville is good enough for occasional juicers, but serious juicers should look elsewhere.
on May 13, 2016
I had borrowed the more powerful Breville to try it out. Liked it. But realized after my purchase that I had inadvertently chosen one less powerful. The only difference I have noted thus far is that I use full power for some juices now. With the more powerful one, I could use the lower speed. I'm quite pleased overall......so far!
on May 3, 2016
I have had a few juicers and this one so far is my favorite. Cleans easily and like the cleaning brush and the froth remover container that it comes with. I use it every day. The price is great. My first juicer about 20 years ago was about $500.
on May 27, 2016
Love my juicer. It is quiet and so efficient. My fave is pineapple, carrots and ginger! I feel better after drinking my juice! Great machine. Fairly easy to clean if done right away. So glad I bought this machine.
on January 26, 2014
Bought this after seeing my parents use
Theirs and love it! This is my first juicer and I love that u can put the entire fruit into it and it gives you pulp free juice. Easy to use and easy wash as well. Highly recommend it!
on January 18, 2014
Excellent juicer. Very quiet, works fast and you get a good amount of juice out of the vegetables and fruit. Clean up is a breeze too.... I usually put a bag into the pulp canister when I am using it so that all I have to do it remove the bag and tie it up. I love it!