Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on September 27, 2012
We bought this on impulse after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly dead and had no experience with juicing or fresh juice. But reviews indicated this was best for our price range and we love it. We have juiced every day since it arrived, we eat crates of vegetables now and at the end of the week there is nothing left. Much better than buying veg then having them wasted cuz we don't eat them. The juicer has a very wide mouth, is simple to assemble and disassemble. Cleaning takes a couple of minutes to do because you have to scrub the filter but the brush provided is amazing for the job. The plug design is brilliant! And on low it's quiet, on high it's louder but still ok. I suggest coring an apple and stuffing light leafies like parsley into the cored part to get the most juice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 17, 2013
Update: July 11, 2013

It's been 2 months since I owned the juicer, and now I can evaluate it more accurately. Generaly, it's a great juicer which does the juicing job perfectly.

But, I have to take off 1 star (actually I would have taken off only 1/2 star if possible) for the following shortcomings:

1) the lid on the juice container does not lock at all, and when you pour the juice it falls off spilling the liquid all over the place - found out the hard way! From then on I transfer the juice immediately to a jar with a tight lid - but that means having on hand an extra container and more washing. Breville fix that in the future models, please!

2) washing parts in a dishwasher is confusing because some parts can only be washed by hand. But, which part is which? Yeah, there is narrative about it somewhere in the manual but who has the patience to read the manual each time one wants to clean the juicer? I wish there was some indication on the part itself if it's save to wash it in a dishwasher or not.

Just by accident, I watched the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dead" (available on YouTube), and on the spur of the moment I decided to give juicing a try.

My Breville JE98XL arrived within 2 days of placing the order ( - you are really amazing). Today, I made my first ever juice. I was not prepared, neither I followed any kind of recipe. I took whatever I had in the fridge: 2 tomatoes, 1/2 English cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 4 stalks of celery, 1 apple & a chunk of celery root (celeriac). Nothing else - no salt, no sugar, no other spices. I got 2 cups of delicious juice.

Now, granted I had my juicer for only few days, so I'll see how it performs in the long run but so far I'm very impressed. The juicer is small, so it fits my tiny kitchen and a perpetual lack of the counter space. It is fast and quiet. The pulp was dry, the juice plentiful. The operating instruction could not be simpler - one switch going three ways - up for slow speed, middle for off, down for high speed. No confusing settings or digital anything. The cleaning is relatively painless - well, if you own a blender or a kitchen machine you know the routine. Some parts can be washed in a dishwasher (did not try).

One piece of advice: if you juice tomatoes (and I presume that goes for any soft veggie/fruit), turn the machine off, place the tomatoes in the chute, cover with plunger, then turn the machine on. I made a mistake of placing tomatoes while the machine was running, and ended up with a bit of a splatter on the wall!
on October 6, 2015
I purchased this product after extensive research on the best juicer to buy for the money. Breville came highly recommended without having to take out a small mortgage like you do with the Omega brands.

At first, it worked fine although I had some initial concerns that the pulp was a bit wetter than I was expecting. I participated in a 30 day juice challenge which meant that I was juicing the hell out of the machine at least 4 times a day every day for 30 days. Towards the end of my challenge, I noticed that the pulp felt wetter and wetter AND many of the fruits/veg I was dropping in were going unjuiced! Very frustrating.

If that was annoying enough, 3 months into my ownership of this product and daily use, it started to leak around the seal edges regardless of how much or how little I throw into it. I've checked and rechecked and there are no cracks or legit reasons WHY it should be leaking so I'm at a complete loss with out to deal with this.

I specifically purchased this product not only for the value (although far from the cheapest brand on the market) but for the quality and it's supposed endurance to withstand daily juicing. At this point, I'm not convinced of either of those. Unfortunately I can't afford to purchase a $400-$500 juicer and I'm not entirely convinced those would be any better for the money. I guess I'll just have to learn to deal with what I've got until I can afford something else OR just pitch it and buy another one and hope for the best yet again :/

Tread carefully.
on February 3, 2014
We have only had this juicer for a couple of weeks now but from what we can see, it's great! It gets most if not all of the pulp from the fruits and veggies we throw in and is relatively easy to clean. The pulp bin is also large enough to hold a grocery bag in it so that you don't have to waste time cleaning it that often.

All in all, very happy with this product
on January 22, 2014
Purchased this juicer as I watched fat sick and nearly dead over the holidays. Really easy to use, cleans up very quickly. I recommend putting a bag liner in the pulp container for faster cleanup. So far love the juices I use in combination with the Nutribullet
on March 2, 2014
All I have heard from the recipient of this item is that they love it. From what I have heard from her, everyone should have one of these.
on January 26, 2014
Bought this after seeing my parents use
Theirs and love it! This is my first juicer and I love that u can put the entire fruit into it and it gives you pulp free juice. Easy to use and easy wash as well. Highly recommend it!
on January 21, 2014
I love this juicer. was worried about waste, but have been able to use most of the pulp. Have been able to increase veg and fruit easily....
on March 21, 2014
Just received this product today and felt complelled to write a review after running through 3 different juice recipes. A very solid and attractive small appliance; gives the immediate impression of being durable and well made. It does take up a fair bit of space, but nothing that makes it unwieldy (and I have a very small kitchen). Very easy to put together right out of the box and, after a quick clean, it was off to juicing paradise. The first recipe in the user's manual was a hit with me and my daughter (4 Granny Smith apples, 3 carrots, and 4 pieces of celery). I threw in a handful of strawberries I had just to add a little more colour. It produced a full pitcher; enough for 4 medium sized glasses (with ice). The pulp was dryer than I expected. No mess, no splattering all over, and no dripping all over the counter. Clean up was very quick and easy; probably 5 minutes in total. When juicing ingredients that have a greater water content (e.g. tomatoes), the pulp was noticeably moister. But, that is to be expected. I can see myself using this regularly because of the ease of use and quick clean-up. It is moderately loud, but I wouldn't expect it to be whisper quiet. The neighbours have not complained about the noise, and my 4-year-old did not run and crawl under her bed. I can't address the reliability of this item, but having bought other Breville items in the past, I can only assume it will last for more than a few years with regular use and appropriate care. I would certainly recommend this item to others looking for a very good middle-of-the-road juicer.
on January 27, 2014
I absolutely love this! I'm so impressed on how well it works. The pulp is dry letting me know that the machine is juicing everything really well. It is louder than I thought it would be but that's why it works so well. It just pulverizes everything getting as much juice as possible. I would recommend this to everyone :)

See 1 answered question