5.0 out of 5 stars best game ever
This game is stunning, i love the choices you can make and how the whole game is completely centered around you. Persuade someone into telling you what you want to know, or kill them! so fun.
Published 6 months ago by nig75

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many bugs
Published on Dec 31 2010 by Coda

5.0 out of 5 stars best game ever, Jan. 11 2014
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fallout New Vegas - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition (Video Game)

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say about this that hasn't been said?, Dec 10 2013
Freefall (Montreal, QC) - See all my reviews
It's a great game that you will sink many hours of your life into. Buyer beware. This is a great game that I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars brayman, March 8 2013
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
this game is the most coolest game from Bethesda Softwork it makes my feel like its your choise to do what you wont to do if you like Skyrim you will like this won i give 9 out of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game., Dec 27 2012
Title says it all. You definitely cannot go wrong with this game. Anybody should be able to enjoy it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!!!, Dec 6 2012
Fantastic, a post apocalyptic skyrim! A fantastic game to kill the rainy days of winter on the coast! Tons of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100+ hours of Post apocalyptic Fun, Aug. 10 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is very very addictive. It is by far one of the better rpg games out there. It's not exactly a direct sequel to fallout 3 but it is highly entertaining nonetheless. This game has a lot to offer especially four different endings and countless hours discovering new locations to explore.

It has a lot of different sites and attractions in especially in post apocalyptic las vegas.

The graphics are similar to fallout 3 but the game play is very good... just watch out for deathclaws lol.

I truly enjoyed the game and would give it a 9 out of 10.

I highly recommend this game and I can't wait for fallout 4!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many bugs, Dec 31 2010
Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Really frustrating to like a game this much but then have it be basically unplayable due to all of the bugs. I actually managed to make it through and play it till the end, but if I had it to do over again I would not have bought this game for the PS3. Random freeze-ups meant I had to save very often, which means spending almost as much time looking at loading screens as playing the game, and some of the bugs affected the gamelay in other ways. I was unable to enter a portion of the Las Vegas Strip that is vital to the main quest for a portion of the game. I found the fix for the bug online and was able to avoid locking up my system by equiping a certain hat. No hat, black screen and game freezes, every time. I also had to destroy one of the factions because the leader bugged out and was stuck on one piece of dialogue halfway through a chain of quests.

Great game when you can play it...but overall too broken to bother with.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bugs & Glitches, Nov. 1 2010
Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
If you bought a high-end super-luxury sedan that had its engine on the back seat bench, the transmission in the engine compartment, the windshield in the trunk and the headlights on its side doors, would you rate it high just because it's a high-end luxury car? I think not. I would think you'd want it fixed so you could drive it properly.

In the same vein, I really don't understand how people can rate FNV five stars. It is well known in the gaming community that FNV has some rather disturbing bugs and glitches. The company released last week a patch that's supposed to fix over 200 bugs. Despite the patch, people are still having issues (Pip-boy freezing comes to mind). Past Fallout games have been amazing, and no doubt FNV will be one as well, once the bugs and glitches have been fixed. Until then, this game is unfortunately broken. 1 out 5 stars. Not impressed at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stick with FO3 GotY edition, Dec 11 2010
Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Most people would expect a sequel based on the engine of the previous release to have LESS bugs, but instead, there are MORE. The glitches and freezes make the game almost unplayable. There are things which you have to avoid, like traveling merchants, because they are almost guaranteed to freeze up the game.

The increased complexity of the crafting system just add frustration. You are stuck carrying around bits and pieces so that your misc inventory is a challenge in itself to navigate in. Shell casings, hulls, powder, primers, lead.. is this really necessary?? Does anyone even do this, aside from the novelty of doing it once? It really adds nothing to the game. In fact, I'd have rather had the old few recipes from F03 that I could use, rather than the long list of ones from FONV that were left alone completely since they were useless.

Weapon modifications can be worthwhile, but they also added some instabilities to the game. For instance, you CAN modify the pre-order bonus 10mm with regular 10mm pistol mods, but there are no gun models to render this configuration, leaving the gun ultimately unusable. Similarly, you are not supposed to be able to repair other weapons with modified weapons, but you can. You really need to be careful!

Speaking of graphics, there is so much terrain clipping, texture errors, and general items being at wrong elevations or otherwards misplaced to become uninteractable, it is disgraceful. Come on, having to use frag grenades to explode something into a usable elevation, what kind of junk programming is that? Is there no quality testing before it went out the door?

The quests too have problems. NPC's not having dialogue options available, thus being prevented from continuing the quest chain.. It is pathetic.

The trophies/achievements are complete junk. Being thrown out of all casinos, 10k damage healed with food/stimpacks, really?? I know trophies are supposed to be for accomplishments, but really? really?? They're not hard, its just painful and time consuming to get them. They must be sadomasochists. In fact, casino gambling is not a viable way to make money, but caravan can be exploited for unlimited resources. You can easily make 100k+ in a few hours by making the rounds to the caravan playing venders, tapping them out, waiting 3 days, then repeating until you have all the money you want. Then just go and buy every weapon/armor you could ever want.

The last thing that was hyped on FONV was the hardcore mode. This truly is not "hardcore" by any means. It adds little to the game, aside from the single trophy. So you have to eat, drink and sleep a little every so often, big deal.

I don't plan on buying any DLC content. I'll just pop in FO3 GotY and replay that. Having FONV return to the "original" programming team was a big step back if you ask me. Maybe we should abandon airbags and go back to lapbelts, they were the first too, right?

One Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Bottlecap out of 50.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy and slow paced, April 1 2011
Brian Babcock "LimpTallica" (Burlington, ON) - See all my reviews
Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
When Fallout 3 was released I was glued to my TV screen. I played it right through, until I beat it. Then I started over as a badguy to beat it again, then i bought all the DLC's and beat them 1 at a time.

So naturally when the sequel came out, I was excited. Sadly, aside from a few locale changes, weapon skins and new voice actors, the game is identical to Fallout 3, nothing new or improved. Speaking of which, Fallout 3 was far from perfect, it was glitchy and the DLC made it even worse. But my god, NV is so glitchy to the point where it actually crashes on my Ps3 every 3rd or 4th time I play it. Or it'll freeze, the mouths of characters won't move, I'll enter VATS mode but one of my companions will kill the character I was about to shoot at, and I'll be stuck watching the dead body lay there for a good 30 seconds before it snaps out of it. The list is endless. Lastly, it's hard for me to say an RPG like this is slow paced...because you essentially set your own pace; how much do you want to just wander the wasteland, do missions, etc. etc. but I'm just not finding myself getting into it. I really think the glitches in the game are killing my interest. Also, I'm finding your choices in how to do missions are much more muddled up. In Fallout 3, there were always at least 3 dialogue choices, a good answer, bad answer and a neutral answer. Which helps set you on your path. In this game, there's clearly good answers, bad answers, etc. but sometimes there just doesn't seem to be the option for doing things the right way a lot of the time. For example (SPOILERS!!!!): You go to New Vegas and Mr. House (Who runs NV) asks you to work for him, either getting factions to ally with him, or to stay out of his way. So you can do this with good or neutral karma, but then he asks you to wipe out the brotherhood of steel and you don't have any other option except to do just that. But the BoS are good gys, so I don't really see how exterminating them is going to be a good thing to do. There's another mission called "wild card" which allows you to kill Mr. House and seize control of New Vegas for yourself...so I'm thinking "oh good, instead of having him force me to murder people, I'll just get rid of him and choose for myself" No apparently that's evil too....I like to play as a good guy my first time around lol

So there's some significant flaws that really hinder the game from measuring up to Fallout 3. Despite people saying that NV is more true to the original Fallout games which I myself, have not played.

Fallout New Vegas - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Fallout New Vegas - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition by Bethesda Softworks (PlayStation 3)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 14.94