5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Cube look credilbe as actor, need I say more.
Well, actually I do need to say more. The fact of the matter is this is one of the greatest movies ever made. To begin with there is an amazing cast. Stars include George Clooney, Ice Cube, Mark Whalberg, Spike Jonze, Mykelti Williamson, Nora Dunn, Jamie Kennedy, and most notably is Cliff Curtis. Cliff Curtis is one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood today...
Published on Sept. 19 2003 by Justin Skiftenes

1.0 out of 5 stars Pas satisfait!
je ne savais pas que les dvd étaient catégorisés par zone. Je veux le voir sur ma télé et non sur mon ordinateur.Si je pouvais le retourné et ravoir mon argent je le ferais
Published 1 month ago by Roland Lacourse

‹ Previous | 134 35 36 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best War Movie., Feb. 17 2000
Will Swallow@alsavista.com (Chicago's North Side (Lakeview)) - See all my reviews
Such a great film and the American public didn't go to see it, big surprise. This DVD looks to be excellent. This is the same director who did the hilarious Flirting with Disaster and he knows how to tell a story. I wish I was in trainging with these guys, all of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually Four-and-a Half Stars, But It Rounds Up, Feb. 16 2000
A very innovative look at war and its effects on people. While most war movies embrace violence and blatant anti-war propaganda, this one stands alone in the way that it places insanity and humour over all the rest.
The comedy, by the way, is very nice. Watching it, I not only enjoyed the jokes and quick-cuts but, in the back of my head, felt myself being briskly subdued by the movie's insanity. There is so much originality in the action that the very nice cinematography is not thought about until afterwards. Looking back, the shots of our dust-faced heroes against the stark blue sky is surreal and amazingly picturesque for an action/comedy/war movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Brilliant, Feb. 16 2000
This was one of the most surprising films I have seen in a LONG time.
I truly expected to see a basic action/ black comedy film for a little light Sunday night viewing. 3kings was all that and more.
I thought it was directed superbly with some of the most creative and unusual visual and directing effects you will ever see. The return to the village and the shooting scene in particular were fantastic.
The film touched on some of the moral issues of the war and asks alot of very profound questions about NATO involvement.
It is one of the few movies I have seen which doesn't seem to have a slow bit in it.
3 Kings will make you will laugh, cringe, think, hold your breath and entertain you and lets face it ...thats why we watch movies isn't it ?
Essential viweing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good but NOT the "Greatest War Movie ever ", Feb. 15 2000
"bri_la982" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
No, Not a 5 star perfect movie but a very good 4 star flick. I still think Saving Private Ryan / Platoon and even Full Metal Jacket are head and heels way over Kings. If you have seen " Kelly's Heroes " ( a groovy Clint Eastwood Vietnam era WW2 war / heist flick ) you have a good taste of the plot of 3Ks, except 3Ks does add more to the after effects of war, explains and shows what gunfire actually does and shows the human cost. No I haven't really seen this too much in modern American film, but any well or decently informed person should already know this. It is entertaining, hopefully educational to those in the masses who didn't already know what happens in and after a war.... BUT the " greatest war movie ", I don't think so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Film of 1999-Three Kings, Feb. 13 2000
mastertips (united states) - See all my reviews
Without a doubt, if you are looking for a comedy action film that has an intelligent script, outstanding technical achievements, great performances, and direction then The Three Kings is for you. This movie is hilarious, thought provoking, and harrowing in its presentation of what the gulf war must of have being like, in a thinking, action, caper type film that grabs you from the first frame to the last. It is a pity if OSCAR does not honor this film. From my readings, the general consence of most critic put this film in their top ten. Many place it as one of their top three, citing its irrevelant wit, outstanding performances and visual experimentation. Maybe the OSCAR voters will have as much insight and name it their best.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, Feb. 12 2000
I saw this movie in the theater and loved it. It really puts you into the minds of the people of that war what it was about. And how we really screwed up. i loved George Clooney in this he did a great job as always. If anyone liked MASH, Saving Private Ryan or any war movie pick this up, I am counting the days till it comes out in DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not to be overlooked!, Feb. 9 2000
Douglas Hahner (Spotswood, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
When THREE KINGS came out in the theatres, it opened the same week that AMERICAN BEAUTY went wide. THREE KINGS got lost in all of the hype surrounding AMERICAN BEAUTY. This is truley a sad thing. I found THREE KINGS to be a much better film. No major studio film has come this close to feeling like an independent film. This movie gets a way with criticizing American forigen policies in relation to the Gulf War that no major studio release has ever done.
Please do not overlook this great film. That goes double for the people of the Academy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest movie ever made (sorry), Feb. 8 2000
Matthew Clementson (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
I want to give you Amazonians a more balanced view of this film. I disagree that this is "Desert Storm's Platoon". This movie impressed me by tackling some moral issues surrounding the conflict in Iraq/Kuwait as well as issues surrounding war itself. But the issues are not developed very fully and the comedic aspect of the film overshadows and takes away from that development. Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, etc. didn't make a comedy out of themselves. I think the comedy hurt the film. In addition I thought that the story wasn't all that original. You have the anti-hero archtypes in the three leads who end up in the end making the right choice. (We haven't seen that one before). If somebody asked me if I liked this movie I would say "Yes." but I would not give it a five. I give it a high 3, pretty average.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been waiting for the DVD release of this for months, Feb. 5 2000
Finally it is going to be released.
One of the best war movies I've ever seen. Give a human face not only to the heroes, but also to the enemies, the Iraqis. At the same time it shows to hypocrisy of the US military machine.
Certainly not a film that will get you flag waving, but that is exactly what makes it such a powerful film.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Like no other war movie, Feb. 4 2000
This is like no other war movie I have ever seen. It was not your typical blood and guts tragedy that drags on. The camera work in this movie was unbelieveable! And the story line kept my interest all the way through the credits. What sets this apart from other war movies, is that Three Kings was about post-war and the after effects. Dealing with refugees and stolen goods. Say no more...I do not want to spoil anything. Check this movie out, you will NOT be disappointed.

‹ Previous | 134 35 36 37 | Next ›

Three Kings [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français) [Import]
Three Kings [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français) [Import] by David O. Russell (Blu-ray - 2010)
CDN$ 16.39