5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable
I find that most sport games are designed for gamers (as opposed to casual gamers such as myself). They have many control options and the learning curve is often quite steep. The focus is also often placed on a career mode, which requires several hours/days of gameplay to appreciate.

NHL Slapshot caught my attention after I have read an article that mentioned...
Published on Nov. 4 2010 by S. Lavigne

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed.
Published 7 months ago by Jackie Rolo

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, Nov. 4 2010
S. Lavigne (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)

NHL Slapshot caught my attention after I have read an article that mentioned that the game was designed for a younger audience (and also because I am a huge hockey fan). The controls are indeed much simpler than most hockey games I have played. Most commands can be made simply by waving the hockey stick (passing the puck would be an exception). I can also play with my 8-year old daughter on "pro" difficulty setting without any of us being overwhelmed by the other team. We like playing at the peewee or bantam level, since the team is composed of only 3 players and it is easier for us to control the gameplay.

NHL Slapshot does provide a career mode, which I have not explored much to this date mostly because it does not appear to support multiplayer gameplay.

All this to say that NHL Slapshot is a simpler arcade style hockey game, which makes it a perfect family or party game. Avid gamers looking for a hockey simulation game may be disappointed however.

5.0 out of 5 stars slapshot rocks, Oct. 24 2010
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)
Finally an EA Sports Hockey game for the Wii and it is everything that EA has been known for. Super fun, easy controls and good storyline. A game you will want to own, not rent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10 2014
great game

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, Feb. 9 2014
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)
Feels just like playing hockey in the family room. Doesnt work in stick with non nintendo controllers so beware when buying

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., Dec 27 2013
Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)
When purchased this game for my boys for Christmas it said new in package. Well we got the box opened on Christmas morning and the game said "previously used" and it is missing a piece to the hockey stick. I am so thankful I dedcided to buy 2 other sticksoff of amazon , as I have 3 boys! Now it looks like i will be buying another stick. I buy stuff off of amazon all the time and this is my first bad experience. Really wish I wouldn't have gotten ripped off. Never buy off of this person! He will rip you off. If I could get my money back I would. Very, very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, April 6 2013
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)
Great - Bought this for my son - he loved it!! He'll loves playing this, plays for hours!! Thanks for everything!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii Slapshot, Nov. 1 2012
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)
I purchased this game for a fabulous price. The game is awesome. If I had one thing to say is that the "hockey stick" was not easy to put together and the stickers continually fall off. Other than that..anytime you can get a Wii game for such a fabulous price..go for it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for all ages, Oct. 28 2010
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)
This game is a lot of fun for all ages. Whether you're 6 or 46 doesn't matter. The game only comes with one stick so you'll need to get after-market sticks (roughly $10 and readily available) if you want to play with more than one player using the stick (as opposed to the Wii-mote).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Great Game, Oct. 5 2010
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)
This is a really fun game. It feels very realistic. It looks like a live hockey game. Game play is very straightforward. You are given very detailed instructions on how to play the game. A great game to play with the whole family, up to four people can play at once. You can create your own player for even more realistic game play.NHL Slapshot Bundle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game - delivery awesome, Jan. 16 2011
This review is from: NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition (Video Game)
I ordered this game for my husband for Christmas. He is a huge hockey fan and Gretzky fan. The game showed up in 2 days --- a week before Christmas ! and ever since Christmas he has been playing it. It has great graphics and the stick makes it so much more realisitic. My 6 year old also plays along and the 2 of them have great Daddy/son bonding time over it :)
A definite must for any hockey fan.

NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition
NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition by Electronic Arts (Nintendo Wii)
CDN$ 147.89