4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to follow and easy to do
I ordered this DVD with my mother in mind, as she is very arthritic. However, I am using it! Peggy is very good at showing different versions of the same pose, so you can do it no matter what your exercise capacity is, and how mobile you are.

Published on Dec 5 2010 by Karen C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yoga pour les personnes avec restrictions
Je suis contente d'avoir ce DVD. Je voulais faire du yoga, mais les positions normales n'étaient pas possibles, ayant des restrictions au niveau des genoux. Avec ce DVD, relaxation et détente sont possibles et bénéfiques.
Mme Cappy est superbe.
Published 13 months ago by Marie Quimper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to follow and easy to do, Dec 5 2010
This review is from: Yoga for the Rest of Us: Easy Yoga for Arthritis with Peggy Cappy (DVD)

You don't have to have arthritis to enjoy this DVD. If you are looking for easy exercises to increase your mobility or gentle strengthening exercises, this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Can Really do Yoga, Jan. 5 2011
I have ostoearthritis and about the only form of exercise I was able to do were in a swimming pool. We saw this video on TV and thought that we might try it. We ordered it from Amazon and both my husband & I were able to do all the moves on the tape. My Husband alternates between the sitting and supported standing and I do the seated ones. It is an awesome workout and I would recommend it to anyone with limited mobility to try it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 6 2011
This is an excellent modified yoga program for those of us suffering from arthritis. I highly recommend this for anyone with mobility issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 19 2011
This is an excellent Yoga cd for first timers to yoga --- it's easy for everyone to do regardless of age ----and the benefits are real!! If I miss a couple of days, I can feel my hands/knees start to stiffen up. Peggy Cappy is such a good instructor, and very gentle and easy to listen to. If your ready to give up your stiffness, get this DVD, get moving, and get living.

4.0 out of 5 stars Peggy Cappy's YOGA for Arthritis, Sept. 17 2011
Any form of exercise performed in your own living room, requires a high degree of awareness. When you are acutely aware of your body's response and make the necessary adjustments, it's OK. It takes a while to comprehend certain movements, and having patience with yourself is important--you have to learn that you are looking at a mirror image and will be doing the opposite--there is a mistake in which way you need to turn the body and it took nearly a month before I realized that. It was awkward and I did what came naturally--which was correct.
The DVD is high in esthetics--but I am going to look at Rodney Yee's Yoga videos to see if they would be more suitable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga for people who hurt, April 4 2012
I highly recommend that people in pain take a look at Peggy Cappy's DVD Yoga for the Rest of Us: Easy Yoga for Arthritis. Cappy has a lovely, soothing, encouraging voice that eases viewers into poses they may not have previously thought they could manage. In simple steps, Cappy introduces each pose and goes on to say what part of the anatomy it targets emphasizing just how far you should take it. The exercises are a great overall work out without the work. After viewing the DVD a number of times, it's easy to recall the poses and do them on your own. The DVD is nicely divided into segments dealing with various parts of the body, so it's easy to flip to whatever section you choose each day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle yoga workout, Jan. 20 2011
was thinking it was going to be diffrent than it was more geared towards people with diabilities I just took my time and did what poses I felt comfortable doing. I like the sitting posses she shows you for each movement very helpful and she is always reminding you to breath.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Jan. 3 2014
The gentle pace and manner of this video is just right for those of us who no longer wish to participate in fast paced fitness classes.
Sometimes, the pain associated with arthritis makes it difficult or impossible to keep up, even in a regular yoga class. Peggy has
realized this and presents an alternative based on individual ability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah to move, Jan. 10 2013
She has done a wonderful job of creating a routine in which everyone can benefit. From my dad, who is 84, to my nieces who are in their 30's, we all can do this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga for the Rest of Us: Easy Yoga for Arthritis, Jan. 1 2013
Very enjoyable and informative DVD. I hope to get lots of use from it in the New Year. Thank you !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›