countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Color: white|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 7, 2016
TL;DR

Pros:

- Has every feature you need and nothing you don't
- Reasonable price point
- Wireless charging base
- Cheaper brush heads than other power toothbrushes
- Made in Germany (handle)
- Long battery life
- Waterproof / sealed
- Timer

Cons:

- Loud
- Rusting (in 2 weeks!)
- Long charge time [not an issue considering it lasts a long time as well]

I purchased this during a great sale and have been happy with how it cleans my teeth, but I do have to admit that if it were not for the sale, I'd probably stick to using a traditional toothbrush. I can't really see a noticeable difference. While the time warning is a nice feature, I usually brush my teeth for longer than the recommended time. Also, for those wondering if they should purchase a higher-end model for significantly more money, you really should reconsider. This toothbrush does everything you'd want out of your power toothbrush. All the other features are gimmicks and are not worth the steep premium. I also love the wireless charging base. You just put the brush on the base and it charges, quick and easy!

My only issue so far has been rust forming on the metal tip where the brush head is inserted onto the handle. I have messaged Oral B and they have been good about sending me a box to send it in for warranty inspection. I will update my review accordingly depending on that service. I do have to say that I am surprised that rust formed within a week of usage, especially since I dry both the brush head and the handle after every use.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 20, 2013
I have had a regular (i.e. cheap) electric Oral-B for a few years, and I was pretty happy with it. During my last dental checkup, my dentist mentioned that I should think on using a professional power toothbrush. You see, the pH in my mouth is quite alkaline (he said), which protects me from cavities but facilitates plaque formation. Power brushes are excellent for plaque removal. I said to him I'll think about it.

I was not sure if investing in a more expensive brush would be worth it, but luckily my local big box store has a display of the available Oral-B power brushes, from the simplest to the most fancy. This allowed me to actually feel the HUGE difference in power between a regular electric brush, and the ones in the professional line. The higher up you go in this line, the more expensive they get. Power wise, there is no difference between the humble 1000 and the super fancy 5000. Of course, with the latter you get a LCD telling you the brushing time, the pressure against the teeth, etc. All things I can live without, and still getting a true office clean feeling after every brushing.

So far the brushing experience has been great. You need to remember to be gentle on the pressure while brushing, otherwise it could be bad for your gums.

I'll update the post with longer use and experience. This is a highly recommended toothbrush.

UPDATE January 2015 - Well, I am happy to report that the brush is truly a good investment in oral health. My last 3 dental checkups have shown a decrease in the amount of plaque, which it never happened before while I was using the regular electric brush.
The actual brush is as good as new. I haven't noticed any issues with the rechargeable battery or with the brushing power. I change the head every 2 to 3 months, depending on its condition, and not really following the colour change indicating bristles.
on July 15, 2016
I bought this thinking it would be good, but was blown away with just how good it was for the price. So good that I bought another for my wife.

It may be 'lower end' brush, but it is plenty powerful for me and my gums look great now. I've had some slight gum issues and after using this brush for only a few months my dentist was very impressed with the results.

Highly recommend.
on June 27, 2016
One of the best things I ordered from Amazon. There is such a difference between this and a manual toothbrush (and even from battery operated toothbrushes). Within 3 days, I noticed a significant difference. I ended up buying another one as a gift for the wife, it's that good. (Who would have thought of gifting toothbrushes, lol).
on November 9, 2014
I had this toothbrush for the past month and it really is a good toothbrush for the price. The gf use the 3000 model and the only difference I can think of is the "3 speeds" settings instead of only one. This one is on or off. But I don't know why I would need different speed on a toothbrush. Maybe if you have sensitive gum.

The battery doesn't hold as long as I would like, but 5 days isn't bad either. The charger must be very weak because it take more than a night to recharge. I need to let it charge for a night and the next day. They could have use a better charger. That's the only negative.

I don't know if I should let it always on the base. I have to change the bathroom electrical system because the wall outlet is turn off when I close the light.
on March 6, 2016
Braun is the one i am using for last 16 years. I have used about three different heads in 16 years. I don't see i will ever go back.
Also, i got my rebate from P&G on this purchase. These things last for long time. Brush heads, in only buy genuine in market so i can stay good with this one.
on December 18, 2015
4 stars only because i was hoping that the charging cord was retractable or smaller than my older oral b powered tooth bursh but it wasn't *sad face*, BUT delivery was so fast and awesome and its way nicer looking than my old one and its quieter and made me teeth super white with the first brush, of course i religiously use crest pro luxe white mouth wash and crest pro luxe white tooth paste in conjuction with my burshing. highly recommmend to buy from this seller, good deal too. Think about it, at the drug marts just the heads themselves are 30 dollars, spend the extra 20 and bam you get the tooth brush too
on September 26, 2015
Awesome toothbrush. I still have the one I bought about 15 years ago and it still works. Unbelievable. ..that's why I but 3. One for each of my family members. I know there good quality. The best part is. ..the charger broke from my old tooth brush but I can charge it with my new toothbrush charger. So far so good...they seem to be the same quality as the old ones were. At $60 each. It's a good deal!!
on July 18, 2016
I am so happy that I bought this toothbrush. So much better than a manual brush.
No need to get the more expensive ones with the useless extra features. This brush will make your mouth feel so much cleaner.
on May 24, 2015
I wanted a "fairly in-expensive" rechargeable tooth brush and I got my wish and as I recall, I also got it on sale! Both my wife and I love it and does what we need it to do-no more no less! It's perfect with its rechargeable function as well. We also purchased additional 3 heads package- just in case we had difficulty obtaining these new heads when needed in the future. Highly recommend this product!