biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Color: whiteChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 20, 2013
I have had a regular (i.e. cheap) electric Oral-B for a few years, and I was pretty happy with it. During my last dental checkup, my dentist mentioned that I should think on using a professional power toothbrush. You see, the pH in my mouth is quite alkaline (he said), which protects me from cavities but facilitates plaque formation. Power brushes are excellent for plaque removal. I said to him I'll think about it.

I was not sure if investing in a more expensive brush would be worth it, but luckily my local big box store has a display of the available Oral-B power brushes, from the simplest to the most fancy. This allowed me to actually feel the HUGE difference in power between a regular electric brush, and the ones in the professional line. The higher up you go in this line, the more expensive they get. Power wise, there is no difference between the humble 1000 and the super fancy 5000. Of course, with the latter you get a LCD telling you the brushing time, the pressure against the teeth, etc. All things I can live without, and still getting a true office clean feeling after every brushing.

So far the brushing experience has been great. You need to remember to be gentle on the pressure while brushing, otherwise it could be bad for your gums.

I'll update the post with longer use and experience. This is a highly recommended toothbrush.

UPDATE January 2015 - Well, I am happy to report that the brush is truly a good investment in oral health. My last 3 dental checkups have shown a decrease in the amount of plaque, which it never happened before while I was using the regular electric brush.
The actual brush is as good as new. I haven't noticed any issues with the rechargeable battery or with the brushing power. I change the head every 2 to 3 months, depending on its condition, and not really following the colour change indicating bristles.
on April 4, 2013
After extensive research, it turns our this toothbrush looked like the best bang for my bucks. After several weeks giving it a test drive, I must say it does the job consistantly with great results. Other Oral-B will basically do the same things, with more bells and whisles, but for a steeper price.
on December 26, 2012
Was always a oral b user, old one was 7 years and just died on me ... Very happy with the new brush very powerful n cleans well ... Very small shelf place and easy to maintain ....
on November 10, 2013
My dental hygienist had been suggesting that I should use an electric toothbrush for a while. I kept of ignoring her advice until I saw my daughter using it when she visited me recently. She told me that her new dentist's office provided her one. I thought I would finally try.

I can't believe how well it cleans my teeth! It is really easy to use and two minutes of suggested brushing time goes really quick.

I have arthritis in my hands and I had a hard time reaching the back of my teeth to brush before but now it cleans so well particularly the area between the teeth and gums. I am sure that my dental hygienist will be impressed on my next appointment.

I wish there were a small stand to stick the the head part of brush while it is drying.
on November 30, 2015
Outstanding toothbrush! This toothbrush was purchased for my 6 year old son who kept going through the cheap battery-powered character toothbrushes. This is not too big for his tiny teeth and it really sweeps her teeth clean. If angled correctly, i don't really need to help him to floss!

Really happy with the purchase and saves me more money in the end than keep replacing those cheap character toothbrush i frequently buy in the market!
on April 14, 2014
Had it for more than 3 months, and so far:

Pros:
- Received it intact and quickly
- Very well built.
- The interchangeable head works perfectly.
- The battery really lasts a week
- Powerful. It gets the job done very well, even at it's lowest energy point (like right before it dies) it's still perfectly usable.
- The little red flashing signal is really neat to know when it'll be out of juice. (And when it dies, it dies suddenly, no lingering agony of "almost dead" state)
- The charging station is really great.
- It made me discover corners of my mouth I didn't even know existed.

Cons:
- It kind of takes a long time to charge it (as they mention) but I think it's fair considering the battery life.
- A bit noisy, but which electric toothbrush aren't? Anyway, it's power is really worth the extra decibels.

I was wondering what to make of some money I got at Christmas, and wondered what I wouldn't usually buy for myself, without it being a stupid useless thing. I'm glad to tell you that it's was worth the price... absolutely. And looking at other electric toothbrushes, it's really cheap 0___0 !!!

So... you know when you feel like getting yourself a present? That feeling? That's the signal you should buy that thing, and clean your teeth/gums like never before. Sorry for the hype, I just didn't expect it to be that great.
on January 20, 2016
I'm a first time user of an electric brush

** Be on the lookout for Mail-in rebates from Oral be** ( In my case I got 20$ back)

Pros:
-Small form factor
-Minimalistic charging base works well and blends in.
-The words " Made in Germany" stamped underneath the body inspire confidence!
-Vibrates to let you know when to switch sides and when it's been 2 min.
-Noticeable difference in teeth cleanliness after just 1 use.
-Easy to use/ short learning curve.

Cons:
-More expensive than a manual brush
-Head replacements are about 7$ each and should be changed every 3 months.
-The base gets gummed up if you don't rinse the brush enough after use. ( I also pat the body dry)
-This basic model doesn't come with a travel pouch.

I do recommend trying this brush if you've never used an electric one before.
on May 6, 2013
I had a similar toothbrush for mroe years than I can remember and the battery finally died recently. After reading some online reviews, I decided on this one to replace it. I've been usig it for a couple of weeks and am very pleased with it. My only criticism would be that it is not dual voltage, so you need a transformer for use in the many countries which have 240v. current.
on February 8, 2013
Had the Oral B vitality and was very happy with it and bought this on a tv recommendation. It truly is superb at cleaning - glad I upgraded.
on January 29, 2016
I've owned the Professional Care 1000 for about five months now so I figure it's due for a brief review. The toothbrush works as intended, has handy 30 second mouth quadrant timers and a final 2 minute notification (based on professional recommendations.) The toothbrush itself is very easy to clean and rinse out, and the brush heads last a reasonable amount of time.

My one bone to pick with the toothbrush however is the splatter when brushing teeth. The brush design includes two or three windows into the functional mechanism (I guess to prevent build-up of residues and to vent air/fluids) and this invariably leads to clothing getting toothpaste spatter on anything you're wearing. It isn't a matter of having your mouth open or closed, as the issue doesn't seem to originate from the cleaning head of the brush but rather the shaft below it.

So all in all the toothbrush is a quality economical purchase for a power toothbrush, but just be careful what you're wearing when using it!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse