5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toothbrush
Published 19 months ago by David Thomas

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed on this Braun product
disappointed on this Braun product. Had a Braun Pulsonic which was very good but died after 3 years. the PC 1000 has hardly distinguished speeds for their claimed functions, lower revolution and the brush started to frail after one week. The price I paid was even much higher before Amazon had it on sale a few days after I ordered and paid.
Published 17 days ago by Rex6063222

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toothbrush, May 6 2013
This review is from: Oral-B Professional Care Pc 1000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush (White) (Health and Beauty)
I had a similar toothbrush for mroe years than I can remember and the battery finally died recently. After reading some online reviews, I decided on this one to replace it. I've been usig it for a couple of weeks and am very pleased with it. My only criticism would be that it is not dual voltage, so you need a transformer for use in the many countries which have 240v. current.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, April 4 2013
After extensive research, it turns our this toothbrush looked like the best bang for my bucks. After several weeks giving it a test drive, I must say it does the job consistantly with great results. Other Oral-B will basically do the same things, with more bells and whisles, but for a steeper price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, Dec 26 2012
Was always a oral b user, old one was 7 years and just died on me ... Very happy with the new brush very powerful n cleans well ... Very small shelf place and easy to maintain ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional oral care, Sept. 20 2013
C. Alarcon "Master Uchual" (Markham, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have had a regular (i.e. cheap) electric Oral-B for a few years, and I was pretty happy with it. During my last dental checkup, my dentist mentioned that I should think on using a professional power toothbrush. You see, the pH in my mouth is quite alkaline (he said), which protects me from cavities but facilitates plaque formation. Power brushes are excellent for plaque removal. I said to him I'll think about it.

I was not sure if investing in a more expensive brush would be worth it, but luckily my local big box store has a display of the available Oral-B power brushes, from the simplest to the most fancy. This allowed me to actually feel the HUGE difference in power between a regular electric brush, and the ones in the professional line. The higher up you go in this line, the more expensive they get. Power wise, there is no difference between the humble 1000 and the super fancy 5000. Of course, with the latter you get a LCD telling you the brushing time, the pressure against the teeth, etc. All things I can live without, and still getting a true office clean feeling after every brushing.

So far the brushing experience has been great. You need to remember to be gentle on the pressure while brushing, otherwise it could be bad for your gums.

I'll update the post with longer use and experience. This is a highly recommended toothbrush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaning, Feb. 8 2013
Had the Oral B vitality and was very happy with it and bought this on a tv recommendation. It truly is superb at cleaning - glad I upgraded.

5.0 out of 5 stars I should have started using this toothbrush much earlier!, Nov. 10 2013
My dental hygienist had been suggesting that I should use an electric toothbrush for a while. I kept of ignoring her advice until I saw my daughter using it when she visited me recently. She told me that her new dentist's office provided her one. I thought I would finally try.

I can't believe how well it cleans my teeth! It is really easy to use and two minutes of suggested brushing time goes really quick.

I have arthritis in my hands and I had a hard time reaching the back of my teeth to brush before but now it cleans so well particularly the area between the teeth and gums. I am sure that my dental hygienist will be impressed on my next appointment.

I wish there were a small stand to stick the the head part of brush while it is drying.

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT WITH THE RIGHT PRICE, Aug. 8 2014
This toothbrush was purchased to replace another Oral-B rechargeable toothbrush which I had used for about 20 years.
I am very satisfied with it but I wished that it came with a base which protects the brush head from dust just like the old model.
As always, BRAUN makes good products. I highly recommend this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good brush for 60$, but the battery and charger are a bit of a let down., Nov. 9 2014
I had this toothbrush for the past month and it really is a good toothbrush for the price. The gf use the 3000 model and the only difference I can think of is the "3 speeds" settings instead of only one. This one is on or off. But I don't know why I would need different speed on a toothbrush. Maybe if you have sensitive gum.

The battery doesn't hold as long as I would like, but 5 days isn't bad either. The charger must be very weak because it take more than a night to recharge. I need to let it charge for a night and the next day. They could have use a better charger. That's the only negative.

I don't know if I should let it always on the base. I have to change the bathroom electrical system because the wall outlet is turn off when I close the light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased, Nov. 17 2014
Product arrived as advertized and in a timely fashion. This tooth brush is working well. I had a couple of questions so I contacted the manufacture. It took a while but they did respond and cleared them up. It seemed that the initial charge took a long time (16 hours) and that there was a brief hesitation every 30 seconds during brush operation. I didn't see any mention of these in the literature so asked if this was normal operation. Apparently it is so I have no issues with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oral B Care PC 1000 - Excellent!, May 6 2013
Très efficace, bon rapport qualité prix. Recharge facile. Rend les dents plus douces. Je le recommande, ca vaut la peine de payer plus cher qu'une brosse conventionnelle.