5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toothbrush
Published 11 months ago by David Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Just O.K.
This power toothbrush does the job but that is all. I have been spoiled with the Rota Dent
power brush which after 10 years gave up. Amazon.com sells the Rota Dent But not Amazon.ca
so I bought the Oral B which sounds like a small tractor when turned on. It has a large plastic ring
around the power head which is hard to draw you lips over so it splashes...
Published 2 months ago by Trixy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toothbrush, May 6 2013
This review is from: Oral-B Professional Care Pc 1000 Rechargeable Power Toothbrush (White) (Health and Beauty)
I had a similar toothbrush for mroe years than I can remember and the battery finally died recently. After reading some online reviews, I decided on this one to replace it. I've been usig it for a couple of weeks and am very pleased with it. My only criticism would be that it is not dual voltage, so you need a transformer for use in the many countries which have 240v. current.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, April 4 2013
After extensive research, it turns our this toothbrush looked like the best bang for my bucks. After several weeks giving it a test drive, I must say it does the job consistantly with great results. Other Oral-B will basically do the same things, with more bells and whisles, but for a steeper price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, Dec 26 2012
Was always a oral b user, old one was 7 years and just died on me ... Very happy with the new brush very powerful n cleans well ... Very small shelf place and easy to maintain ....

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm satisfied, Oct. 19 2013
I have always used electric toothbrushes & quite like them.
The reason I rated it a 4 is because it hesitates (stops & starts) while I'm brushing, which I find rather odd. My last toothbrush didn't do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaning, Feb. 8 2013
Had the Oral B vitality and was very happy with it and bought this on a tv recommendation. It truly is superb at cleaning - glad I upgraded.

5.0 out of 5 stars I should have started using this toothbrush much earlier!, Nov. 10 2013
My dental hygienist had been suggesting that I should use an electric toothbrush for a while. I kept of ignoring her advice until I saw my daughter using it when she visited me recently. She told me that her new dentist's office provided her one. I thought I would finally try.

I can't believe how well it cleans my teeth! It is really easy to use and two minutes of suggested brushing time goes really quick.

I have arthritis in my hands and I had a hard time reaching the back of my teeth to brush before but now it cleans so well particularly the area between the teeth and gums. I am sure that my dental hygienist will be impressed on my next appointment.

I wish there were a small stand to stick the the head part of brush while it is drying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional oral care, Sept. 20 2013
C. Alarcon "Master Uchual" (Markham, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have had a regular (i.e. cheap) electric Oral-B for a few years, and I was pretty happy with it. During my last dental checkup, my dentist mentioned that I should think on using a professional power toothbrush. You see, the pH in my mouth is quite alkaline (he said), which protects me from cavities but facilitates plaque formation. Power brushes are excellent for plaque removal. I said to him I'll think about it.

I was not sure if investing in a more expensive brush would be worth it, but luckily my local big box store has a display of the available Oral-B power brushes, from the simplest to the most fancy. This allowed me to actually feel the HUGE difference in power between a regular electric brush, and the ones in the professional line. The higher up you go in this line, the more expensive they get. Power wise, there is no difference between the humble 1000 and the super fancy 5000. Of course, with the latter you get a LCD telling you the brushing time, the pressure against the teeth, etc. All things I can live without, and still getting a true office clean feeling after every brushing.

So far the brushing experience has been great. You need to remember to be gentle on the pressure while brushing, otherwise it could be bad for your gums.

I'll update the post with longer use and experience. This is a highly recommended toothbrush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oral B Care PC 1000 - Excellent!, May 6 2013
Très efficace, bon rapport qualité prix. Recharge facile. Rend les dents plus douces. Je le recommande, ca vaut la peine de payer plus cher qu'une brosse conventionnelle.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't think I'll ever use a manual toothbrush again..., April 14 2014
Gabriel Forbes "Shemhamforash" (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
Had it for more than 3 months, and so far:

Pros:
- Received it intact and quickly
- Very well built.
- The interchangeable head works perfectly.
- The battery really lasts a week
- Powerful. It gets the job done very well, even at it's lowest energy point (like right before it dies) it's still perfectly usable.
- The little red flashing signal is really neat to know when it'll be out of juice. (And when it dies, it dies suddenly, no lingering agony of "almost dead" state)
- The charging station is really great.
- It made me discover corners of my mouth I didn't even know existed.

Cons:
- It kind of takes a long time to charge it (as they mention) but I think it's fair considering the battery life.
- A bit noisy, but which electric toothbrush aren't? Anyway, it's power is really worth the extra decibels.

I was wondering what to make of some money I got at Christmas, and wondered what I wouldn't usually buy for myself, without it being a stupid useless thing. I'm glad to tell you that it's was worth the price... absolutely. And looking at other electric toothbrushes, it's really cheap 0___0 !!!

So... you know when you feel like getting yourself a present? That feeling? That's the signal you should buy that thing, and clean your teeth/gums like never before. Sorry for the hype, I just didn't expect it to be that great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy, March 19 2014
The Oral-B electric toothbrush works very well almost as good as the dentist performing a teeth cleaning. I've never owned an electric toothbrush before and now wonder why I waited so long.

ARRAY(0xa592bde0)