summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 20, 2013
I have had a regular (i.e. cheap) electric Oral-B for a few years, and I was pretty happy with it. During my last dental checkup, my dentist mentioned that I should think on using a professional power toothbrush. You see, the pH in my mouth is quite alkaline (he said), which protects me from cavities but facilitates plaque formation. Power brushes are excellent for plaque removal. I said to him I'll think about it.

I was not sure if investing in a more expensive brush would be worth it, but luckily my local big box store has a display of the available Oral-B power brushes, from the simplest to the most fancy. This allowed me to actually feel the HUGE difference in power between a regular electric brush, and the ones in the professional line. The higher up you go in this line, the more expensive they get. Power wise, there is no difference between the humble 1000 and the super fancy 5000. Of course, with the latter you get a LCD telling you the brushing time, the pressure against the teeth, etc. All things I can live without, and still getting a true office clean feeling after every brushing.

So far the brushing experience has been great. You need to remember to be gentle on the pressure while brushing, otherwise it could be bad for your gums.

I'll update the post with longer use and experience. This is a highly recommended toothbrush.

UPDATE January 2015 - Well, I am happy to report that the brush is truly a good investment in oral health. My last 3 dental checkups have shown a decrease in the amount of plaque, which it never happened before while I was using the regular electric brush.
The actual brush is as good as new. I haven't noticed any issues with the rechargeable battery or with the brushing power. I change the head every 2 to 3 months, depending on its condition, and not really following the colour change indicating bristles.
on April 4, 2013
After extensive research, it turns our this toothbrush looked like the best bang for my bucks. After several weeks giving it a test drive, I must say it does the job consistantly with great results. Other Oral-B will basically do the same things, with more bells and whisles, but for a steeper price.
on December 26, 2012
Was always a oral b user, old one was 7 years and just died on me ... Very happy with the new brush very powerful n cleans well ... Very small shelf place and easy to maintain ....
on November 10, 2013
My dental hygienist had been suggesting that I should use an electric toothbrush for a while. I kept of ignoring her advice until I saw my daughter using it when she visited me recently. She told me that her new dentist's office provided her one. I thought I would finally try.

I can't believe how well it cleans my teeth! It is really easy to use and two minutes of suggested brushing time goes really quick.

I have arthritis in my hands and I had a hard time reaching the back of my teeth to brush before but now it cleans so well particularly the area between the teeth and gums. I am sure that my dental hygienist will be impressed on my next appointment.

I wish there were a small stand to stick the the head part of brush while it is drying.
on November 9, 2014
I had this toothbrush for the past month and it really is a good toothbrush for the price. The gf use the 3000 model and the only difference I can think of is the "3 speeds" settings instead of only one. This one is on or off. But I don't know why I would need different speed on a toothbrush. Maybe if you have sensitive gum.

The battery doesn't hold as long as I would like, but 5 days isn't bad either. The charger must be very weak because it take more than a night to recharge. I need to let it charge for a night and the next day. They could have use a better charger. That's the only negative.

I don't know if I should let it always on the base. I have to change the bathroom electrical system because the wall outlet is turn off when I close the light.
on May 6, 2013
I had a similar toothbrush for mroe years than I can remember and the battery finally died recently. After reading some online reviews, I decided on this one to replace it. I've been usig it for a couple of weeks and am very pleased with it. My only criticism would be that it is not dual voltage, so you need a transformer for use in the many countries which have 240v. current.
on February 8, 2013
Had the Oral B vitality and was very happy with it and bought this on a tv recommendation. It truly is superb at cleaning - glad I upgraded.
on December 18, 2015
4 stars only because i was hoping that the charging cord was retractable or smaller than my older oral b powered tooth bursh but it wasn't *sad face*, BUT delivery was so fast and awesome and its way nicer looking than my old one and its quieter and made me teeth super white with the first brush, of course i religiously use crest pro luxe white mouth wash and crest pro luxe white tooth paste in conjuction with my burshing. highly recommmend to buy from this seller, good deal too. Think about it, at the drug marts just the heads themselves are 30 dollars, spend the extra 20 and bam you get the tooth brush too
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 7, 2016
TL;DR

Pros:

- Has every feature you need and nothing you don't
- Reasonable price point
- Wireless charging base
- Cheaper brush heads than other power toothbrushes
- Made in Germany (handle)
- Long battery life
- Waterproof / sealed
- Timer

Cons:

- Loud
- Rusting (in 2 weeks!)
- Long charge time [not an issue considering it lasts a long time as well]

I purchased this during a great sale and have been happy with how it cleans my teeth, but I do have to admit that if it were not for the sale, I'd probably stick to using a traditional toothbrush. I can't really see a noticeable difference. While the time warning is a nice feature, I usually brush my teeth for longer than the recommended time. Also, for those wondering if they should purchase a higher-end model for significantly more money, you really should reconsider. This toothbrush does everything you'd want out of your power toothbrush. All the other features are gimmicks and are not worth the steep premium. I also love the wireless charging base. You just put the brush on the base and it charges, quick and easy!

My only issue so far has been rust forming on the metal tip where the brush head is inserted onto the handle. I have messaged Oral B and they have been good about sending me a box to send it in for warranty inspection. I will update my review accordingly depending on that service. I do have to say that I am surprised that rust formed within a week of usage, especially since I dry both the brush head and the handle after every use.
on May 12, 2014
This toothbrush was used by two people at least twice a day for the last two years and cleaned teeth beautifully. It is a real power-horse. It still works but the rechargeable battery is obviously going because it can only take three uses before running out of juice. Until recently we only needed to charge it once a week, now, it needs to be charged all the time in order to keep the speed for the whole time needed to brush. what I liked most was that it will work efficiently not only with Oral-B heads but also with no-name products (that are obviously more affordable). If I could change the batteries I would probably keep it if not I will buy another Oral-B brush, it is worth it!