5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what i wanted
I really like this notebook. The battery is excellent. The computer is light, solid keyboard, GREAT screen.

Quick, light, excellent wireless, really cannot complain.

Few issues:
ASUS loads a ton of bloat-ware, can't really avoid this with a new computer i guess.
Touch pad has a weird feel, it is textured instead of smooth and it is a bit...
Published on Jan. 24 2011 by user-user-user

3.0 out of 5 stars ASUS U35JC-A1 13.3-Inch Notebook (silver)
Great battery life.
Air cooling is efficient.
Esthetics and ergonomics are fine but I would put the "Fn" between the "6" and "7" instead of the left bottom corner (not that it has ever been like that on any other computer yet...)
I don't find the screen very solid, it is soft.
Yet, the laptop still feels solid overall for its light weight...
Published on July 19 2011 by Samuel Boudreau

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what i wanted, Jan. 24 2011

Quick, light, excellent wireless, really cannot complain.

Few issues:
Touch pad has a weird feel, it is textured instead of smooth and it is a bit tricky to use. they should improve this.
Computer is quiet, but if you are in a very quiet room , the sound it makes is very high-pitched and can be annoying.

That said, the pros by far outweigh the cons, if you want a fast notebook with lots of battery that is light enough to bring with you then this one is a good choice. the processor is crisp, really quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, March 8 2011
This review is from: ASUS U35JC-A1 13.3-Inch Laptop - Silver (Personal Computers)
I purchased this product on March 3rd, and received it as soon as today, March 9th! The delivery service of this product was unbelievable!
The Laptop itself is amazing! Great quality, speakers, nice sized keyboard. The battery life is amazing, which was one of the reasons I chose to purchase this laptop. Also, the weight is nice, very light, absolutely not bulky. Works very well, great processor. Doesn't have a CD-RW/DVD drive, but is an excellent laptop just the same. I definitely recommend the Asus U35Jc-A1. You will not regret buying this laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, May 26 2011
I have had this computer for about a month now and have been VERY happy with it so far.
The battery time is excellent (about 7 hours when it's fully charged) and the speakers are fantastic.
I have no complaints and would definitely buy this computer again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, light, powerful, long battery life, best warranty in the business, April 14 2011
I researched a lot of computers before purchasing this. I found Asus is rated as the most reliable laptop maker in the world (Toshiba is a close second). [...]
I also love the two year warranty (twice what other manufacturers are offering) plus one year of accidental damage coverage.
The machine itself has good build quality and form factor (though not quite as sturdy feeling as my wife's macbook pro...that cost $500 more). It's a very powerful machine (more powerful than that same MBP). The keyboard is solid enough and the machine stays fairly cool (no burning your lap or wrists). The only beef I have is that the screen's viewing angles are a bit on the weak side. It's not bad enough to pass on though.
Oh yeah, and I've been consistently getting 6-8.5 hours of battery life in both Windows and Ubuntu depending on how heavily I'm using it, which is what my wife gets from her MBP (also rated for 10 hours).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little laptop, Dec 22 2010
Very nice, lightweight laptop with plenty of computing punch.

PROS
+ very thin and light
+ awesome battery life (for my usage)
+ nice camera-based login feature
+ enough power to handle most programs easily
+ feels fast and responsive even while multi-tasking
+ great screen: clear and sharp
+ 64-bit version of Windows 7 is nice

CONS
- keyboard feels flimsy and bends slightly while typing
- case picks up fingerprints too easily
- it's not a Macbook Air :(
- camera-based login needs coaxing sometimes

My usage is mainly for Office applications, web surfing, email, Skype and so on. Have not played serious games on this machine, so not sure how it would handle those. For everyday computing, though, it's great. Love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars ASUS U35JC-A1 13.3-Inch Notebook (silver), July 19 2011
Great battery life.
Air cooling is efficient.
I don't find the screen very solid, it is soft.
Yet, the laptop still feels solid overall for its light weight.

Personally, I don't like plastic frames and this laptop would have been perfect in aluminum.

At first, I thought the mouse pad texture was ruff on my fingers but I got used to it and it doesn't feel as ruff anymore. My fingers are easily gliding on it. I still have a hard time with the 3 fingers tapping (left mouse click) but the up and down scrolling are well responsive.

The webcam is working good but the "SmartLogon Manager" lacks in face recognition, it is faster to just type in your password and I'm afraid anyone could logon my laptop without the password since it can't recognize me!

I found the price was high (846$) for what I got : Intel Core i3 , 2.4 GHz, 4.00 GB RAM but I didn't have any problem with it (in a month from purchase).