4.0 out of 5 stars Great signal extender, easy set up!
This worked extremely well to help me boost my signal from the house to our travel trailer. I didn't need either CD that it comes with, rather I only needed to hook it all up and let Microsoft do its thing - it set it up and told me it was ready to go.

Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
This produce work and that's all that matter. Thank-you
Just don't really needed anymore but, it was good and good choice.
Published 18 months ago by sonyo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great signal extender, easy set up!, Aug. 1 2014
This review is from: Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g High Gain USB Wireless Long-Rang WiFi network Adapter with 5dBi Antenna (Electronics)

Once it's set up you just need to open your little window to choose a network to join (or go to Control Panel; Network and Internet; Network and Sharing Center; Connect to a Network ... these instructions are for windows 7) and look at your list - in my case there was a 2nd list after I hooked it up with the same (and more) networks as previously but with a higher signal count (the first list was "Wireless Network Connection" the second was "Wireless Network Connection 2" - you'd want the second one so long as the signals are showing stronger). I chose my network (with full bars instead of 1 or 2) and re-entered my password... everything hooked up from there.

My only issue - this device can only be used for 1 computer... I'm looking into figuring out how to split the connection so I can connect 2 laptops but for now I either have to buy a 2nd one for my mother or share back and forth, which is a bit tiresome, but hardly impossible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, May 1 2011
Sharon Anderson (Canada) - See all my reviews
Bought to use at RV park that I did not have adequate wifi and went from one bar to 4 bars when using the Alpha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card, April 10 2014
Really powerful wireless card with an outstanding chipset. There were some driver issues under Kali but the card worked right out of the box on Backbox. Remember if you're looking at this card that it only goes up to wireless G. If you know why you want this card, you won't be disappointed buying from Canadian Shoppe. There may be some online issues with counterfeit versions of these cards but the one I bought from them was 100% genuine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alfa WIFI antenna really woks, April 6 2012
I am very happy with this product it really does its job.
Excellent reception inside and ouside of the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, March 18 2012
I absolutely love this product! It works just as i had hoped! Apart from not being able to use the mini-CD that they included for the drivers i could still find them on their website so it was no problem. I would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, Feb. 7 2012
The product works great! Comes with everything necessary to get it up and working. For Linux users, the drivers are ready to go and fully functional (at least on ubuntu)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wireless card!, Sept. 11 2011
Works great under both Linux and Windows.

If you have connection issues, this card is for you!
I only had a signal strength of one bar in one area of my house but with this card I have a signal strength of 5 bars!

The only thing that this card is missing is wireless N support but since wireless N routers support both G and N I didn't mind it as this card offers great signal on both G-only routers and N routers that broadcast G and N signals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Aug. 3 2011
This adapter functioned even better than anticipated. My own signal went from three to five bars and seems to have less trouble with random drops and lag (too soon to say for sure). Additionally, I note that many signals in the area have jumped from one bar to four bars, and I can see more signals then before. Of the ~17 signals I can see, only three are below four bars and only one of those is below three.

It was somewhat tricky to set this product up for Windows 7. Though the video guide included with the product was confusing and a conventional installer was not included for that operating system, a quick online search led to a number of guides, and the product was installed within five minutes without undue difficulty.

UPDATE: Would just like to say that this product works beautifully with Linux and supports some advanced features, though it regrettably does not seem to support master mode.

2.0 out of 5 stars it's only good up to the ancient OS 10, July 8 2014
My Mac can't read the disk, it's only good up to the ancient OS 10.6. I tried to find a drive but I'm no expert. It's sitting in the corner waiting that maybe an expert might someday appear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall great wireless network adapter, June 15 2014
The Alfa AWUS036H is capable of connecting to a network and getting a stronger signal than my other wireless devices. The driver and software for Windows 7 allows you to create your own virtual network. This product works great with a few linux distros that I have tested it on but I found it to be a bit buggy with Windows 8(not a problem for me because I find it to be a terrible version of Windows OS). It was delivered quicker than I thought. Again overall great USB wireless network adapter.