5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased
I love this product. I am a C-5 quadriplegic and can't use my fingers. As far as my laptop goes Dragon speak lets me do everything that my fingers won't.
Published on April 14 2012 by gfw73

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price
I bought this to work with my Sony voice recorder, and it doesn't work. The Nuance tech support people said I need to buy the more expensive version to get it to transcribe recordings. I'm very disappointed and find this software unusable even without the sony transcription.
Published 17 months ago by Craig Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, April 14 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 7 2013
Iain (Ottawa, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 11, English (Software)
This is a great piece of software. I remember the old version and they are nothing like this.

If you want to try dictation software out, this is definitely the way to go.

Be sure to check how your microphone works with the software because that will make a huge difference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, Feb. 19 2013
Craig Hannah (Los Angeles, California United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with this (only a few quirks), Jan. 31 2013
This review is from: Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 11, English (Software)
First, the quirks: randomly the software seems to almost "time out" if I'm away too long. All I need to do is re-start. But it's irritating.

The people at Nuance will bombard you with news of "important" updates which are really ads to buy the next version. There is no discount for the "upgrades". As I just dropped 100 bucks on this software, Nuance, it's doubtful I'll want to drop another 100+ two weeks later (no kidding) for version 12.

I am very pleased with the transcription and the integration with social media (FB, Twitter etc). The desktop navigation works well.

The key for newbies: speak at your regular pace. One naturally defaults to speaking more slowly but believe me, it works better at a natural speaking speed. So pleased with this product. And yeah, Nuance, I might upgrade, but stop pestering me every week or two with your little alerts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Jan. 24 2013
This review is from: Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 11, English (Software)
I purchased for my mom as she is not a very fast typist, yet needs to type out many agenda's and meeting notes. So she really loves this product. It has proven to be extremely helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A top of the line product, Jan. 15 2013
Keith Maillard "author & teacher" (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 11, English (Software)
The blog writers on the net universally praise this product (but not Dragon 12, which appears to have some problems), and I praise it too. It's ability to transform speech into text with very little training is absolutely uncanny, and the more you use it, the better it gets. I does everything I wanted it to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dragon Naturally Speaking, Sept. 26 2012
This review is from: Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 11, English (Software)
This product was purchased for my nine year old son who does not enjoy handwriting. He enjoys speaking his stories to the software. Also it has somehow sparked an interest in writing, although he still relies on Dragon to help with the spelling. Overall this is a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars very cool software, Aug. 6 2012
This review is from: Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 11, English (Software)
This is a very cool software and makes things very easy. Email and finding site have been fun to finf.

Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 11, English
Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 11, English by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
CDN$ 99.99 CDN$ 49.99