5.0 out of 5 stars A great sweat-inducing workout!
It may be short (approx. 32 minutes in length), but it's tougher than most longer workouts on the market, and definitely tougher than her other DVDs!

Published on Dec 25 2010 by Liana

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good workout but ...
Definitely a nice workout but it wasn't what I expected. It's broken into five 6 minute sections with each section focusing on different body parts (shoulders, hips, etc). I was looking for a more aerobic form of exercise but you do work up a sweat doing this. The exercises are well demonstrated and there is a good modified form for each one. The only thing I didn't care...
Published 1 month ago by Happycamper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great sweat-inducing workout!, Dec 25 2010
Liana - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Personal Training With Jackie: Xtreme Timesaver Training [Import] (DVD)

This workout uses compound muscle movements to ensure that you're working multiple large muscle groups at once, meaning that you're burning more calories than if you isolated the movements. It also means it gets your heart rate up significantly and keeps it there, as the moves are fast and challenging.

If you're a less experienced exerciser, there is a woman in the background who does all of the movements without weights. As a long-time exerciser, I'm used to using heavier weights (10-30 pound weights), but I had to go through the workout with as little as 5 LB dumbbells, which surprised me.

There are no actual 'cardio' moves in the sense that you're not doing jumping jacks, high knees, etc. You're relying on the fast pace and muscle fatigue to increase your heart rate to the cardio zone. I was dripping sweat onto my exercise mat by the end of this workout!

Jackie takes you through a warm-up, lasting approximately three minutes, before moving into the workout. The exercises are done for one minute each and go as follows:

Shoulders/Gluts:
-Plie squat with shoulder raises
-Static runner's lunge with rear delt flyes (one minute per leg)
-Curtsy squat with a side kick and punch (one minute per leg)
-Squat overhead press

Quads/Arms:
-Static squat with bicep curls
-Forward lunge with tricep headbanger
-Forward lunge with chest press
-Backward lunge with front kick and punch (one minute per leg)

Back/Chest:
-Static squat with alternating row
-Bridge chest flye
-Walkout pushups with military press
-Elbow to knee (one minute per side)

Core & More:
-Split squat with an oblique woodchop (one minute per side)
-Knee raises with bicep curls (one minute per leg; outward bicep curls are done first, followed by regular bicep curls)
-Leaning shoulder raises (one minute per side)

To finish, Jackie takes you through a stretching routine for your cooldown. Again, this is only about three minutes, and while I found that to be sufficient enough for the warm-up, I find it important to stretch for a longer period of time after a workout, so you can continue on after she's finished.

I would definitely recommend this DVD for those who are strapped for time but still want a solid workout, as well as those looking to advance with their exercise routines -- this will likely throw you for a loop the first time. It's definitely challenging, and I'm looking forward to seeing some improvements in definition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! a 30 minute WORKOUT!, April 30 2011
I always see videos that say they cram a tough workout into a small amount of time, but this is the first time I actually FELT it! She keeps you moving nonstop and working at least two areas the whole time. It's great. I bought this because of the great reviews and because it looked like something I'd be able to do at night while living in an apartment complex, and it totally fit for that. Usually I'm stuck only being able to do yoga at night, so it's nice to actually be able to work up a SWEAT without annoying my neighbors. The only time u have to jump around any is for part of the warm up, but I just modify that with squats or lunges to keep the noise down. I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to work up a fast sweat or anyone that needs to keep the noise down while doing so. :P I will definitely be checking out what else she has available!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Do-Able workout, Feb. 17 2011
Jackie's "Xtreme" workout, might not be as extreme as others, but that's exactly why I love this DVD. Instead of passing out in the first 5 min, Jackie gets you working right out of your comfort zone without causing you to feel sick. The moves are hard, challenging, but completely do-able, in a time frame that is perfect. When I put this DVD I don't get a feeling of dread like I do other, hour long, training DVDs. At one point Jackie says "I'm not giving you something you can't do" and she is right, even when I was struggling it was still something completely in my reach, and that's how she gets you to push.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great DVD by Jackie, Dec 18 2011
This is a 30 min workout using compound exercises so everything gets a great workout. I can't say enough good stuff about this. I'm really happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best workout video ever, May 7 2012
I have done a lot of workouts at home, and have bought a lot of workout DVD's and this is by far the best one I have ever bought. I have tried them all and this one kicks butt! I am sore after this workout!! If you are looking for something hard but fast this is the workout DVD for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, March 1 2012
I love this DVD. Some of the exercises are challenging but she shows you the modified version without weights so you can really start at a lower level and work your way up to the weights. It is only 30 minutes but you do get a very good workout. There are 2 other ladies in the video to follow which I like as I can really concentrate on their form. One lady does the advance and the other the modified version. It is well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Being There, Feb. 18 2012
Jackie, is awesome - Her DVD is like a virtual experience ...you feel like like you're actually in her gym. ...the knowledge, enthusiasm, encouragement and visual evidence of her own body development shows that it works. Listen to her, do what she says and you'll be transformed into a better you.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Jackie Workout DVD, Feb. 10 2012
Kyle Webster - See all my reviews
This is my 1st jackie DVD, it was what I was expecting.
Great total body workout especially when your short on time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenging workout!, Feb. 1 2012
This is a challenging, intermediate-level, circuit training workout. I wouldn't suggest this DVD for beginners but for someone with some experience with weights and bootcamp-type workouts, I'd highly recommend it. It's fairly intense and moves quickly while being quite low impact. Each exercise is done for 1 minute, and if you do something that is one-sided, you then switch sides and go for another minute. There's quite a lot of shoulder and glute work; and there's core work but not much that is specifically for abs. Jackie is pleasing to listen to and I'll be interested in checking out her other DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal Training With Jackie: Xtreme Timesaver Training, Feb. 23 2011
I really like Jackie's x-training workout. It's efficient and works immediately. It's been 2 years since I had my baby and 1 year since I've been back to work full time. I started running at lunch, but wasn't getting in shape that "looked good". For people that have a hectic life and can barely squeeze in time for work outs, this is a must have. No more "Mom Bum" (meaning flat) and fatty thighs!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›