5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service
Hi There;

I received it in good order - I love super hero movies being done with live actors - I can't always watch a movie in it's entirety in one sitting - I find buying DVDs to be a much better option.
Published 17 months ago by James Jay

2.0 out of 5 stars More of the same... only not as good.
I'm definitely not in the majority here, but this movie just didn't do it for me. The same story as the first is remade, with a few new elements, but even the new elements aren't that good and treated with an absolute disrespect for the character. Stark's alcoholism is comical at best instead of being dramatic, his sickness is way too exaggerated for the impact it truly...
Published 14 months ago by Simon Bergeron

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, Sept. 26 2013
James Jay - See all my reviews
Hi There;

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel, Sept. 23 2013
This review is from: Iron Man 2 (DVD)
Great addition to the first Iron Man.
Superhero saves the world with his friend. Iron Man is a semi-realistic hero, and the movies are full of action and adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, July 25 2010
falcon "disdressed12" (canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Iron Man 2 (DVD)
had high high expectations for this film,since the first one was so good.i'm happy to say i wasn't disappointed.there is more going on this one that much is certain.Sam Jackson returns as Nick Fury head of Shield in a expanded role.Mickey Rourke plays a baddie(with relish and gusto)Scarlett Johanssen's character is underwritten and underutilized,which is unfortunate,because the character is rife with potential.here's hoping they remedy that situation in the upcoming avengers film.Sam Rockwell has an interesting role.Don Cheadle replaces Terrance Howard as Lt.Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes,and i have to say,i think he is a better fit.and of course Robert and Gwyneth return as Pepper and Tony.and we finally get to know Pepper's actual first name.for me,Iron Man 2 is a 5/5

4.0 out of 5 stars An Iron Thumbs Up!, Feb. 17 2015
Taking place six months after Iron Man, old shellhead is using his armor to maintain world peace and keep things right as rain for the world. Enter Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke), aka Whiplash, who has a vendetta against Tony Stark and wants to see him dead for the wrong he believed Tony did to his father.

Meanwhile, Tony’s dealing with issues of his own, namely that the very tool he’s using to keep himself alive—the arc reactor in his chest—is actually poisoning him, and time is quickly running out.

Can Iron Man defeat a foe hellbent on grinding him to dust while also saving his own life?

Iron Man 2 is a solid sequel. It’s not as smart as the first one, but it’s certainly not bad by any means. The idea of the arc reactor slowly killing Tony is brilliant. I mean, really, what do you do, right? Just wait it out? Unplug? Tell someone? Good stuff.

A lot of people gave this movie grief and I don’t understand why. You got superhero action, superhero struggle, relationship tension, introduction of a new hero—War Machine (Don Cheadle, who plays James Rhodes; the part was originally played by Terrence Howard in the first movie)—and a new villain with a simple but decent origin story. Adding to that you got the breadcrumb trail that will eventually lead into The Avengers. The cool part is this subplot—complete with appearances by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson)—don’t detract from the main story. Of course, I won’t fail to mention Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer, who’s an amazing actor and becomes whatever role he is assigned. I love that about him.

As before, Robert Downey Jr. continues to amaze me as Tony Stark. He is that guy. End of story. Never thought I’d like a self-absorbed hero, but he proved me wrong.

Anyway, back to the action: Iron Man 2 has got loads of it, right from Iron Man’s first encounter with Whiplash, to the big fight at the end where it takes Iron Man teaming up with War Machine to take out robots and a newly-armored Whiplash. What I liked was the realistic—as you can get, anyway—portrayal of what a suit of robot armor would most likely do and fight like if it was real. It was fluid, yet appropriately clunky and moved as such accordingly. The flight sequences were exciting, same with the weapons used.

What was also good was the humor. Aside from the here’s-how-I-pee-in-the-armor joke, which I found dumb, every other bit of joking around totally worked and still maintained that this was a serious movie with a serious hero fighting a serious villain.

What makes this third movie in Marvel’s Phase One plan great is that while it had its own self-contained story, it was part of the overall Avengers plotline. I loved how the two worked together but weren’t dependent on each other.

Do I watch this movie when I’m going through my super flicks in my DVD and Blu-ray collection? Every time.

A major iron thumbs up from me on this one.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Movie....., Dec 5 2014
“Sometimes I don’t know what is expected of a super-hero movie that people seem to want more,
maybe he can fly around the world in less than eighty days, or he can part the red sea, and find a new
world, that’s never been discovered before, or save the Eifel tower from falling over, I don’t know what’s
supposed to be good about any super-hero movie, oh my god now I know, the super-hero of course,
he can do any dam thing he wants, I know he can kill Godzilla, that should put an end to the Chinese theory
that he exist, how about him finding Big-Foot, my oh my I could go on an on an on an on an on,
“Ironman 4 please Do Not lend your suit to anyone, I beg you please don’t, you wont get it back, I’m telling you,
Love This Movie.....

5.0 out of 5 stars In the Name of Iran, May 7 2014
Peyman ADLDOUSTI (Persian Gulf) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Iron Man 2 (DVD)
I watched part I and needed to watch Part II. This time, Iron Man is brought before the US legislative body to give-up his suit, and he does not. A Russian man claims that his father pioneered that knowledge and they stole his thunder. It is a clash between two titans. It is an epic clash between two titans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two thumbs up, March 18 2014
E. A. Schattschneider - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Iron Man 2 (DVD)
I was never much of a fan of the comic book but I love these movies. The combination of acting with action give you a movie that is fun and great to watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, Jan. 17 2014
what can i say, it's what I expected and the price was right and the bluray works just fine as I expected

5.0 out of 5 stars received, Dec 30 2013
This review is from: Iron Man 2 (Bilingual) (DVD)
in great time and in great condition. It is a Christmas gift and have not had a chance to watch it but looking forward to it.
Thanks so much for getting it here on time ! Will gladly shop again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, Dec 26 2013
Mandy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Iron Man 2 (DVD)
I liked it, but I would have liked to see a little more dialogue. Don't get me wrong, it's there, but I found it lacking.

Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) (Bilingual)
CDN$ 48.99 CDN$ 19.45