4.0 out of 5 stars Atomic wall clock and weather station
Pros: Easy to read display with adjustable contrast. Time offset can be changed to something other than the four north american time zones. Uses C batteries instead of AA for longer battery life.
Cons: Weather display and pressure chart are animated which can be distracting/annoying. Remote temperature sensor only displays in Fahrenheit.
Published on Dec 10 2012 by myrevu

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacrosse Technology customer service (poor)
My son bought me a unit WS9057U-IT for Christmas.
The case of the outside transmitter was broken when I open the shipping box.

I have send 5 e-mails to La Crosse Technology with pictures of broken part for replacement under warranty.

Instead of shipping me a new transmitter to solve my problem they ship me a battery cover.

In my...
Published 11 months ago by Chopin

4.0 out of 5 stars Atomic wall clock and weather station, Dec 10 2012
This review is from: La Crosse Technology WS-9057U-IT Wireless Weather Station with Barometric Pressure (Kitchen)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product .. eventually!, Feb. 13 2012
T. Cashin "Bookworm" (Canada) - See all my reviews
The first one I received had at least three bad LCD elements (i.e. at least 3 screen characters could not be read properly). Everything else seemed fine, so I returned it requesting a replacement and not a refund.

Amazon is ACES. They immediately shipped the replacement, without waiting for the returned faulty item. They also provided a pre paid label for the Post Office.

The replacement product arrived a few days ago and works flawlessly.

Be aware that although this is an Indoor/Outdoor product, the outdoor sensor is usually inaccurate. Actually, the sensor is probably OK, but in our case it is placed on our Condo balcony, so the heat from the building affects the temperature. Also, the sunshine on a cold day (we live in very sunny Southern Alberta) warms up the balcony to a temperature much higher than the actual outside temp. I added this information as you may wish to consider whether or not you want to pay the premium for a thermometer with an outside sensor, given the inaccuracies. (Incidentally, I suspect this problem applies to all outdoor thermometers.)

However, we are pleased with our purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC WEATHER STATION, Jan. 17 2012
Mike Dufour "Mike D" (Fort-Coulonge, Quebec) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I live in the wilderness and needed this type of weather station. It works beautifully and also is a wonderful forecaster for my Sinus Condition. When I see that the pressure is going down then I know to irrigate my sinuses. Love the size of the display, can be read from at least 15 feet away. Do not place transmitter where direct sunlight will hit it, as temp rises at least 5 degs. Best machine for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, Dec 6 2012
It works well except the manual mention the sensor isn't water proof. So where should I install the outdoor sensor?

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacrosse Technology customer service (poor), Jan. 16 2014
My son bought me a unit WS9057U-IT for Christmas.
The case of the outside transmitter was broken when I open the shipping box.

In my e-mail I have explain to them that I was not able to calibrate the outside transmitter because the broken part is captured inside the transmitter casing.

So I am still waiting for a reply from them.

In the mean while I am only able to read the time, the date and the inside temperature and humidity level.

I ask tem to call me....no reply. Too bad.... I am very desapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large display and rather accurate reading, June 27 2013
Gilles Parent (Gatineau, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
For those who only need the basic data for weather like temperature, humidity and pressure, this unit meets the requirements. I specially appreciate the extremely precise clock synchronized by the atomic clock WWVB based in Colorado.
So far, the pressure reading is right on par with the official bulletin emitted by my local forecast. As for the temperature, there seems to be a slight variation of +- 1 degree with the official bulletin. It is very important to install the sensor on the north side and ideally sheltered under the roof to obtain the most accurate reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars La Crosse Technology-not the best., Dec 20 2012
Peter G. Macneil "MacBell" (Windsor,Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This product is very well made and the design is quite good as for the technology it is only moderate.I purchased this product based on La Crosse technology only to be disappointed with this one model since the outdoor transmitter will not work.I have contacted La Crosse several times only to be send another instruction manual via email as to how to operate.If you want strictly for a clock and indoor temperature fine but it is well over priced for such.
I then purchased La Crosse 308-145 and it works perfectly after installing the batteries and the AC hookup which is a great battery saver.The outdoor transmitter worked great as does the atomic clock plus it has a colour display.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than the weather man, July 25 2012
J. Hodder (Canada) - See all my reviews
I get the weather here locally but it is not always right. I do snow plowing and I need a good forecast. This gauge is right on the nose and I can't do without it. My friends ask where I purchased it and I tell them...

3.0 out of 5 stars takes D cell batteries, Dec 26 2013
1st one I got didn't work - screen was faulty. they sent me another one and it works good. Don't like that it take D cell batteries which they didn't tell you. Nice large display

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, Aug. 28 2012
Amazon Customer (Hamilton, Ontario CA) - See all my reviews
I'm a gadget guy like my father and this filled my addiction! Love checking (and rechecking) the weather and this unit is so easy to view having large readable figures. The first one I got was broken but was quickly replaced by Amazon with no hasel. Many thanks

CDN$ 89.54 CDN$ 73.19