4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product .. eventually!
The first one I received had at least three bad LCD elements (i.e. at least 3 screen characters could not be read properly). Everything else seemed fine, so I returned it requesting a replacement and not a refund.

Published on Feb. 13 2012 by T. Cashin

3.0 out of 5 stars takes D cell batteries
1st one I got didn't work - screen was faulty. they sent me another one and it works good. Don't like that it take D cell batteries which they didn't tell you. Nice large display
Published 8 months ago by 123456

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product .. eventually!, Feb. 13 2012
T. Cashin "Bookworm" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Crosse Technology WS-9057U-IT Wireless Weather Station with Barometric Pressure (Kitchen)

Amazon is ACES. They immediately shipped the replacement, without waiting for the returned faulty item. They also provided a pre paid label for the Post Office.

The replacement product arrived a few days ago and works flawlessly.

Be aware that although this is an Indoor/Outdoor product, the outdoor sensor is usually inaccurate. Actually, the sensor is probably OK, but in our case it is placed on our Condo balcony, so the heat from the building affects the temperature. Also, the sunshine on a cold day (we live in very sunny Southern Alberta) warms up the balcony to a temperature much higher than the actual outside temp. I added this information as you may wish to consider whether or not you want to pay the premium for a thermometer with an outside sensor, given the inaccuracies. (Incidentally, I suspect this problem applies to all outdoor thermometers.)

However, we are pleased with our purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Atomic wall clock and weather station, Dec 10 2012
Pros: Easy to read display with adjustable contrast. Time offset can be changed to something other than the four north american time zones. Uses C batteries instead of AA for longer battery life.
Cons: Weather display and pressure chart are animated which can be distracting/annoying. Remote temperature sensor only displays in Fahrenheit.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, Dec 6 2012
It works well except the manual mention the sensor isn't water proof. So where should I install the outdoor sensor?

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC WEATHER STATION, Jan. 17 2012
Mike Dufour "Mike D" (Fort-Coulonge, Quebec) - See all my reviews
I live in the wilderness and needed this type of weather station. It works beautifully and also is a wonderful forecaster for my Sinus Condition. When I see that the pressure is going down then I know to irrigate my sinuses. Love the size of the display, can be read from at least 15 feet away. Do not place transmitter where direct sunlight will hit it, as temp rises at least 5 degs. Best machine for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than the weather man, July 25 2012
J. Hodder (Canada) - See all my reviews
I get the weather here locally but it is not always right. I do snow plowing and I need a good forecast. This gauge is right on the nose and I can't do without it. My friends ask where I purchased it and I tell them...

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacrosse Technology customer service (poor), Jan. 16 2014
My son bought me a unit WS9057U-IT for Christmas.
The case of the outside transmitter was broken when I open the shipping box.

I have send 5 e-mails to La Crosse Technology with pictures of broken part for replacement under warranty.

Instead of shipping me a new transmitter to solve my problem they ship me a battery cover.

In my e-mail I have explain to them that I was not able to calibrate the outside transmitter because the broken part is captured inside the transmitter casing.

So I am still waiting for a reply from them.

In the mean while I am only able to read the time, the date and the inside temperature and humidity level.

I ask tem to call me....no reply. Too bad.... I am very desapointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars takes D cell batteries, Dec 26 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, Aug. 28 2012
Amazon Customer (Hamilton, Ontario CA) - See all my reviews
I'm a gadget guy like my father and this filled my addiction! Love checking (and rechecking) the weather and this unit is so easy to view having large readable figures. The first one I got was broken but was quickly replaced by Amazon with no hasel. Many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Aug. 11 2012
Joseph Simons (Edmonton, Canada) - See all my reviews
I really like this weather station. It does a fair job of predicting what will happen. The little air pressure bars could be more sensitive. They only grow or shrink for every .2 of change. We consult this thing numerous times per day. Very fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, Feb. 18 2012
This is our second LaCrosse clock/temperature combination. While the lettering on it is smaller than our first one we are enjoying the features that this unit offers. We are definitely fans of your product line.

CDN$ 79.95 CDN$ 67.57