5.0 out of 5 stars Great, great little player
Published on May 11 2012 by Hamoncan

2.0 out of 5 stars poor online instructions
If i did not have a little understanding of an MP3, I would have never figured this out. The on-line instructions only partially match the device.
Published 3 months ago by Curt J. Firestone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, great little player, May 11 2012
This review is from: Sandisk Sansa Clip+ Plus 4GB MP3 Player, microSD/SDHC Slot, FM Radio, Voice Recorder, BLACK (Electronics)
I have about 20 hours per week while working that can I listen to various podcasts and ebooks, so I've owned a lot of different mid to low price mp3 players over the last 10 yrs or so. This one may be the best I've owned yet. For starters, the little clip is very handy. The interface and file system is better than most, the buttons are well designed and intuitive and the home key is very handy. Its compatible with WMA-based DRM-protected ebooks from the library which is a problem with many brands - I also tried it with an Audible ebook "aa file" - it sees it, but it doesn't play, big surprise Audible doesn't work on anything I've ever owned, I blame Audible, not the player. I love how the fast forwarding and rewinding accelerates on large files as some of my files are 1 to 3 hours long - there's nothing worse than losing your place an hour an a half into a file and only being able to fast forward with a slow player at a speed barely faster than play speed. The only thing I con I can think of about it is the lack of a lock key. Don't hesitate to buy this one, you should be able to find it on sale at some time or another for about $30 as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars best mp3 player for sports, running, March 10 2012
I am on my second copy of the clip (lost the first one on a train :( ). It is super light, has great sound, excellent battery (8-10hrs on one chanrge min) and good memory storage (I have the 8gb version). It is compatible with nearly all music formats ie windows, apple, flac etc etc. The little screen lets you sort easily through your music etc. The only thing it doesn't do very well is playlists. They can't be altered on the device (but can be created via wmp). And also- the price is right! All in all, exactly what I want for running and sports. Also, although it isn't "designed" for sports ie not sweatproof etc, I use it everyday for running and have never had a problem with function.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, April 20 2014
Probably the best investment I've ever made. It has an excellent battery life, is very compact, so it's great for running, or walking or just sitting around. The storage is sufficient, especially since I mostly use it for the radio, which has excellent reception across the FM spectrum. The headphones were of acceptable quality and seem to be durable enough. The voice recorder works nicely as well, which is comforting.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, reasonable, cheap alternative to all things "i", Feb. 5 2014
I bought this primarily to play FLAC files, something iPods do not do at all, and Android devices do with a great deal of selectivity. That turns out to be only one reason to get this thing. It was less than $60, which is already a good reason to get it. It does one thing: play music. If you want a music player, this will do that, and do it pretty well.

I've listened rigorously to every iPod since the day they first came out. Their pre-amps sound pretty good, but noticably better and better as the newer models kept coming out. So I was surprised when this tiny device that never seems to run out of battery power actually sounded comparitively great. Low noise. Decent high-volume. Not bad EQ settings (if you need that kind of thing.) It's just a basic music player but my realization is: that's plenty. I didn't need it to play games or connect to the internet.

The FM radio is an okay addition, even though really: who listens to FM radio anymore? (Seriously. It's awful.) But for the occasional emergency news update, not bad.

I recommend it. You won't be so worried about dropping it, and it lasts far longer on a single charge than any i-device I've ever used.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best MP3 player available, Sept. 29 2013
This is the best value mp3 player available. I like upgradeable capacity, small, but easily readable, long battery life, etc, etc
I love it.........

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, Sept. 5 2013
I fully satisfied. It is working perfectly and the display is very useful. I recommend this product to everyone and maybe I will buy another one for my wife.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor online instructions, May 17 2014
Curt J. Firestone "Salt Spring Curt" (British Columbia) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it, March 1 2014
Very small, long playing time for each charge, sound quality has nothing to complaint. At such price, please do not compare with some much more expensive model from the other brand like Sony, IPod etc ... . It's simply a great toy to enjoy music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk for a gift., Aug. 24 2013
Very surprise it did not come in its box no instructions either. It was for a gift for my son... Had to explain I purchase on line. But he is happy with it. Had to order a pair of earphones because these one drop all the time.My son needs it for all is training so I order I more expense pair.

Thanks Ginette

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use - great price!, Aug. 11 2013
Bought this for an elderly blind person to listen to downloaded talking books. It is easy to use, as I can set it up and it's a one button push on and off, so he can manage that on his own. I've never tried using an MP3 before, so it was new to me as well ... and I found it so easy to set up as well. Thank you for a great product at a great price too!