4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, March 3 2013
I researched this one a lot and hesitated a lot. I had a smaller one which had most of the same features.
I am happy with the purchase, I use this product almost every day and plan on using it for tears to come-- it seems sturdy enough to take it...

All the pluses and great features from the other reviews I read are indeed there. It saves a great time and is very versatile---- do take the time to watch the instructional dvd that comes with it, there are some good tips there.

But it is a pain to clean, and I mean not just washing it.... for smaller batches, it is true what others said that the small bows leaks into the larger ones. And when it does not, you will spill the liquid (sauce, vinaigrette etc) when you take it out.
Drying it is what really puts me off, because all the parts have some whole or deep hollow subparts (!) that take longet to try. I also had a fear for the handle, because water does get in it. My older food processor ended up having I think mold int he handle, as there was only one little whole where things got in, so it was impossible to clean and with the years it became yucky; I know it was inside the handle, but still, you put your food inside that bowl, it is supposed to be clean inside out. anyway, so far I managed to clean it well and it seems to dry well, but it takes a good 12 hours, and now it is winter and it is very very dry indoors. The thing is, it is often not yet dry when I have to assemble and use it again.

The second disappointment came with its blending/puréeing capacity. I used the small bowl for puréeing an avocado for baby food and there were still lumps in it, although it was ripe and soft, this never happened with my old ordinary machine--- enough to make baby choke. And today I used the large bowl for a vegetarian pâté and at the end there were still some quite large bits of carrots. Yes, I had previously cut everything in 1-inch items, and I did take half of the whole content of the bowl out, to make sure it was chopping and puréeing correctly, and still ended up with large chunks of carrots.

I guess I am disappointed because I was expecting a perfect machine. It is not perfect, but I am sure it is the closest to perfect there is put there (at least in this price range). Yes, I would buy it again tomorrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food Processor, Aug. 9 2011
this cuisinart 14 cups is the best and most effective, solid machine ever !!! no comparison to any other food processor,user friendly and safe, after you've watch theire video instructions[recommended] included with the machine, it's a cinch. a little pricey but worth every dime

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in class food processor, very well designed appliance and accessories, April 10 2013
CJ (Canada's National Capital) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've only just received this item and used it to make one fairly challenging recipe but already it's clearly leaps and bounds above a recently returned competing model by Kitchenaid.

The spindle that connects the motor to the cutting/mixing head is "keyed" so it only goes on one way and engages positively. It won't slip, wear or melt like some other brands.

The bowl and lid locking systems are excellent, being both quick to engage and very secure.

In contrast to other brands, the bowl can easily be unlocked and pulled off for pouring out processed contents while the cutting head is still attached and the contents don't leak out of the centre column the cutter is attached to.

In the case of some other brands, the nesting bowls have to be rotated until they click into place, by trial and error. The nesting bowls for this Cuisinart all have scalloped pouring spouts which not only makes pouring out contents more convenient but it makes lining up the bowls a snap.

With the processor comes a lockable accessory storage box. Rather than having to remove multiple items to get at the cutting discs, the accessory box has a slide-out tray for the discs.

The designers and engineers at Cuisinart really did their jobs well with this appliance and deserve praise for the excellent design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for dough, Feb. 10 2013
L. Chapdelaine "GerryLou" (Eastern Townships, QC, Canada) - See all my reviews
... and for chopping veggies. So for mostly used it to make pizza dough and love it. For slicing, it takes more time to prep the vegetables than to actually slice them. So easy. The cover is a little difficult to wash due to its rubberized seal, but the little tool they provide works well once you get the hand of it. Very heavy so great, it does not move, but, not so great when you need to bring it out.
Overall, I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product; some items you need to know about though, Oct. 8 2013
I have been using the Cuisinart 14-cup food processor for a few months now; I'm a cook-it-yourself fanatic and make pretty much everything myself, from bread to all of our salad dressings and sauces. I have other food processors and they've been good as far as they've gone... which is about 3 cups. Yet another canning season 3 cups at a time just wasn't doing it for me, and I wanted something bigger - WAY bigger - and this seemed like a good choice.

The first thing I tried was bread (yeah, I know... we'll get back to canning season in a sec). Anyway, the dough mixed up really nicely, much better than in my usual bread-mixing machine (I usually do it by hand but thought I'd give this a try.) The gluten developed surprisingly well, and the ingredients mixed much better than with a machine with a dough hook. Well, we eat a LOT of bread so the second time I did it, it was with about a kilo of flour. Big mistake. Overheated the motor in no time; the machine stopped and refused to go again for a good long time. It's deceptive, too: it feels cool to the touch so you don't THINK it's overheated. Except that the die-cast base was trapping all the heat inside... when it's had a chance to sit for a while, it ended up feeling pretty hot. So I'll keep doing the bread by hand for the foreseeable future. I think it's great for one or maybe even two loaves at a time, maybe cookies and cakes but definitely not big enough for the hard-core breadetarians. Oh, and I wouldn't try muffins either... the motor is so strong I'm sure it would overmix the batter in an instant.

I haven't tried grinding meat and making nut butters either... I've seen a lot of questions about that. I get wonderful butters and ground meats with my meat grinder so there's not much incentive to try those. I do think the nut butters might be worth a try if you don't have a meat grinder but I can't say for sure.

Back to the canning-season stuff: sauces,salsas and dressings are where this thing shines. Nice, smooth or chunky sauces, as you prefer. Not much to say about it really, it just works. And you can make huge batches...up to about 8 cups for runny sauces and dressings, about 10 - 12 cups of salsa. And it's a breeze: you throw your ingredients in, close the (liquid-tight-sealing) lid, push the button, and presto! dressing! The bowls have a bit of a spout so it pours nicely too... you can get it all into the canning jars, rather than all over the counter. I so appreciate that feature!

The only disadvantages to this machine are the size and weight, and the way the bowls nest.

The machine takes up quite a bit of space on the counter, so I like to put it away in a cupboard. Taking it out is no mean feat though: the base weighs 15 lbs. I'm a geek and do everything the scientific way: I weighed that thing. So it's not for the faint-of-heart. The noise level is another thing some people seem to be concerned about... this is by no means "whisper-quiet" but my musician daughter is okay with it...

As for the nesting, it's a great way to store it; takes much less space than if you had to store the bowls separately. You do have to nest them when you're using them though, starting with the biggest bowl. So if you're using the biggest one, it's only 1 bowl to wash, no problem. Trouble is, when you're using the smaller bowls, you have to nest each one into the next size up. So when you're using the smallest bowl (presumably the least space-intensive version) you need to use all THREE bowls, nested into each other. Three bowls to wash when you've only really used the smallest one. Not the most dishwasher-efficient solution. On the flip side, the bowls you're not actually using don't get really dirty so a quick rinse is sometimes enough.

All in all it's a great machine as food processors go and I'm enjoying the speed and convenience; it's nice and big and powerful. I would definitely recommend it to a friend, with the caveats mentioned above.

Follow-up 1 year later: this is still a great machine, and I've been using it regularly and often.
I've tried grinding meat in it now... I used the dough hook on this one and the meat turned into mush... great if that's what you're after (e.g. for baby food); the meat grinder is still better if you want a chunkier grind.

I've now tried the nut butters and it works great as long as you put it through a meat grinder at least once first. Without that step we've ended up with whole peanuts in our peanut butter; somehow the blades just miss the occasional one.

Also, the plastic seems to be a bit on the brittle side: mostly I'm really careful with my kitchen stuff but I've made a couple of mistakes with this one and have been paying the price: I've had to replace the big pusher - it fell off the counter (my fault, I know) and the metal part broke off. And most recently I tried to put pre-ground, frozen garlic through the machine. I always buy about a kg of whole garlic, prepare it and freeze it - it had frozen into big chunks, and I wanted it spoonable. So I figured the machine will just break up the pieces into smaller bits. Big mistake: not only did the garlic not get broken up into smaller bits, but the bowl got all cracked as well, so now I'm going to have to replace the bowl. So the moral of THAT story is be nice to this baby. It works really well but the plastic seems to be a bit on the brittle side. I'd still recommend it to a friend but those caveats are still there...

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love with this food processor!, Feb. 23 2014
Joan (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I upgraded recently to this wonderful food processor. It puréed avocados so smoothly that I thought to try other foods. I can't wait to find more reasons to use this, including the shredding disc. It has to be the quietest and most powerful machine available.

I am glad I upgraded to the 14 cup instead of the 12 cup I originally wanted. Having the extra work bowl, in addition to the storage box for the accessories, makes this a steal compared to the 12 cup, and other brands. I researched a great deal before making this purchase, and I am very glad I spent the money on this quality piece. I will hopefully have this for many years to come, thanks to the wonderful 20 year warranty on the motor.

The only thing I was disappointed in was that the description states that it comes with a DVD, but it wasn't included (the packaging label on the box doesn't provide any DVD details).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Delivery, heavy-duty machine, processes with ease, Oct. 24 2012
Reuben Roth (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ordered on a Sunday evening, arrived Tuesday morning before 10:00 a.m., this is our third Cuisinart food processor in 25 years, and the best we've ever owned (replaced an 11-cup unit with a broken blade).

This unit is obviously of near-professional quality and excellent construction. With a base made of stainless steel, the 14-cup model is far heavier, much better-built and has larger capacity (and much stronger) bowls -- for just a little more in your budget, this is the unit worth owning. Processed a large bowl of vegetables with much more ease than the 11-cup, 600-watt motor unit, and while we haven't thrown a challenge at it (coffee cake batter was always a problem with the smaller units), we expect that it'll process almost anything with ease, thanks to the extra-heavy-duty motor. I suspect that we'll own this one for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT FOR THE KITCHEN, March 10 2012
kjmac - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased this product from Amazon and it is a wonderful addition to my kitchen. It works like a dream! I love the safety features of it. The nested bowls are great. The adjustible slicing disk is a great tool. The machine runs so quiet! It does everything with ease. This is a quality processor and worth every penny! I love to cook and make everyting from scratch and this machine is a real time saver. It cleans up easy! You can feel the quality in the machine. It comes with an instructional video which is very helpful with tips. I love the storage caddy that come with it for the blades. I am very pleased with this product! I am sure once you try it you will love it. It is a very smart looking displayed out on the counter in the kitchen. I recommend this to anyone who loves to cook. It produces quality results....try it!

Hello, 6 months later and this product is still working like a charm. So easy to use and it is still worth every penny to me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but shipping not great, June 27 2014
D. Bennett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart FP-14BKC Cuisinart Elite 14-Cup Food Processor, Black (Kitchen)
I received the food processor on time, but the company doesn't package it - it is exactly as if you took it off the shelf at the store. The box was not taped closed and it was half-opened when I got it and the corners and sides of the box were dented. Luckily nothing came out of the box and the unit was completely protected with styrofoam. I think they should at least tape up the box and perhaps cover it with paper to make sure nothing goes missing in transit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to increase your efficiency and motivation, Dec 18 2013
The base is substantial and heavy. The blades/shredder/slicer operates at one speed which is sufficient. Concerns that others had with the lid being difficult to clean hasn't been a problem for me. There are openings in the top which allow you to run water from the tap through to push any food particles out. If you rinse it when you are done using it (and especially if you then put it in the dishwasher) it's not a problem at all.

I have used it to shred onions, slice squash, slice carrots, shred potatoes for hash browns, puree pumpkin and so far it's done very well. it's not overly loud when in use and since it saves my wrist so much from chopping I think I will be doing a lot more canning this year. The metal finish seems sturdy and wipes easily.

Having 3 bowls to use - very nice. Having the blade lock in the bowl so you can pour out a liquid without having to be splashed in the face = priceless!

Final thought: Cuisinart excels in the food processor area in the past and continues to do so today.

Cuisinart FP-14BKC Cuisinart Elite 14-Cup Food Processor, Black