‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Food Processor, Aug. 9 2011
this cuisinart 14 cups is the best and most effective, solid machine ever !!! no comparison to any other food processor,user friendly and safe, after you've watch theire video instructions[recommended] included with the machine, it's a cinch. a little pricey but worth every dime

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, March 3 2013
I researched this one a lot and hesitated a lot. I had a smaller one which had most of the same features.
I am happy with the purchase, I use this product almost every day and plan on using it for tears to come-- it seems sturdy enough to take it...

All the pluses and great features from the other reviews I read are indeed there. It saves a great time and is very versatile---- do take the time to watch the instructional dvd that comes with it, there are some good tips there.

But it is a pain to clean, and I mean not just washing it.... for smaller batches, it is true what others said that the small bows leaks into the larger ones. And when it does not, you will spill the liquid (sauce, vinaigrette etc) when you take it out.
Drying it is what really puts me off, because all the parts have some whole or deep hollow subparts (!) that take longet to try. I also had a fear for the handle, because water does get in it. My older food processor ended up having I think mold int he handle, as there was only one little whole where things got in, so it was impossible to clean and with the years it became yucky; I know it was inside the handle, but still, you put your food inside that bowl, it is supposed to be clean inside out. anyway, so far I managed to clean it well and it seems to dry well, but it takes a good 12 hours, and now it is winter and it is very very dry indoors. The thing is, it is often not yet dry when I have to assemble and use it again.

The second disappointment came with its blending/puréeing capacity. I used the small bowl for puréeing an avocado for baby food and there were still lumps in it, although it was ripe and soft, this never happened with my old ordinary machine--- enough to make baby choke. And today I used the large bowl for a vegetarian pâté and at the end there were still some quite large bits of carrots. Yes, I had previously cut everything in 1-inch items, and I did take half of the whole content of the bowl out, to make sure it was chopping and puréeing correctly, and still ended up with large chunks of carrots.

I guess I am disappointed because I was expecting a perfect machine. It is not perfect, but I am sure it is the closest to perfect there is put there (at least in this price range). Yes, I would buy it again tomorrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in class food processor, very well designed appliance and accessories, April 10 2013
Chris (Canada's National Capital) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've only just received this item and used it to make one fairly challenging recipe but already it's clearly leaps and bounds above a recently returned competing model by Kitchenaid.

The spindle that connects the motor to the cutting/mixing head is "keyed" so it only goes on one way and engages positively. It won't slip, wear or melt like some other brands.

The bowl and lid locking systems are excellent, being both quick to engage and very secure.

In contrast to other brands, the bowl can easily be unlocked and pulled off for pouring out processed contents while the cutting head is still attached and the contents don't leak out of the centre column the cutter is attached to.

In the case of some other brands, the nesting bowls have to be rotated until they click into place, by trial and error. The nesting bowls for this Cuisinart all have scalloped pouring spouts which not only makes pouring out contents more convenient but it makes lining up the bowls a snap.

With the processor comes a lockable accessory storage box. Rather than having to remove multiple items to get at the cutting discs, the accessory box has a slide-out tray for the discs.

The designers and engineers at Cuisinart really did their jobs well with this appliance and deserve praise for the excellent design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Owned it for a couple months., June 10 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart FP-14BKC Cuisinart FP 14-BKC Elite Food Processor - 14 cup (Kitchen)
It takes up a lot of room but is very easy to use. I don't find it hard to clean with a small brush.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for dough, Feb. 10 2013
L. Chapdelaine "GerryLou" (Eastern Townships, QC, Canada) - See all my reviews
... and for chopping veggies. So for mostly used it to make pizza dough and love it. For slicing, it takes more time to prep the vegetables than to actually slice them. So easy. The cover is a little difficult to wash due to its rubberized seal, but the little tool they provide works well once you get the hand of it. Very heavy so great, it does not move, but, not so great when you need to bring it out.
Overall, I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT FOR THE KITCHEN, March 10 2012
kjmac - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased this product from Amazon and it is a wonderful addition to my kitchen. It works like a dream! I love the safety features of it. The nested bowls are great. The adjustible slicing disk is a great tool. The machine runs so quiet! It does everything with ease. This is a quality processor and worth every penny! I love to cook and make everyting from scratch and this machine is a real time saver. It cleans up easy! You can feel the quality in the machine. It comes with an instructional video which is very helpful with tips. I love the storage caddy that come with it for the blades. I am very pleased with this product! I am sure once you try it you will love it. It is a very smart looking displayed out on the counter in the kitchen. I recommend this to anyone who loves to cook. It produces quality results....try it!

Hello, 6 months later and this product is still working like a charm. So easy to use and it is still worth every penny to me!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an upgrade from my little 2-cup Cusinart Food Processor!, Dec 18 2012
I haven't had a chance to try out all the functionality, but I already love this. I was absolutely stunned by the size/weight of the base - I imagine this thing is indestructible! I can't wait to use all the slicing and grating discs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Delivery, heavy-duty machine, processes with ease, Oct. 24 2012
Reuben Roth (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Ordered on a Sunday evening, arrived Tuesday morning before 10:00 a.m., this is our third Cuisinart food processor in 25 years, and the best we've ever owned (replaced an 11-cup unit with a broken blade).

This unit is obviously of near-professional quality and excellent construction. With a base made of stainless steel, the 14-cup model is far heavier, much better-built and has larger capacity (and much stronger) bowls -- for just a little more in your budget, this is the unit worth owning. Processed a large bowl of vegetables with much more ease than the 11-cup, 600-watt motor unit, and while we haven't thrown a challenge at it (coffee cake batter was always a problem with the smaller units), we expect that it'll process almost anything with ease, thanks to the extra-heavy-duty motor. I suspect that we'll own this one for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuisinart Elite Food Processor, 14 cup, Jan. 22 2012
I really like the Cuisinart Elite Food Processor, 14 cup. I can make small amounts as well as a big batch. It has a dough blade but I have not tried that out yet. The food processor is really great and so quiet to use! It chops up nuts really well. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love with this food processor!, Feb. 23 2014
Joan (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I upgraded recently to this wonderful food processor. It puréed avocados so smoothly that I thought to try other foods. I can't wait to find more reasons to use this, including the shredding disc. It has to be the quietest and most powerful machine available.

I am glad I upgraded to the 14 cup instead of the 12 cup I originally wanted. Having the extra work bowl, in addition to the storage box for the accessories, makes this a steal compared to the 12 cup, and other brands. I researched a great deal before making this purchase, and I am very glad I spent the money on this quality piece. I will hopefully have this for many years to come, thanks to the wonderful 20 year warranty on the motor.

The only thing I was disappointed in was that the description states that it comes with a DVD, but it wasn't included (the packaging label on the box doesn't provide any DVD details).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›