4.0 out of 5 stars Bought one for mon
I bought this one for my mom as a gift. It felt sturdy and well built. So far, there hasn't been any complaints.
Published on Nov. 2 2011 by JoJow

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had not purchased this blender
The jar will spin itself loose if you don't hold on tight. The jar is very heavy, and if you break it it costs $45 to replace. Unfortunately I did break mine trying to wash it. About a year after purchasing the blender the blade assembly locked up and I had to pay $25 plus shipping to replace. Next time I will just buy a Blendtec
Published 10 months ago by K. Boedigheimer

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought one for mon, Nov. 2 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart SPB-600C SmartPower Deluxe Blender (Die-Cast) (Kitchen)

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had not purchased this blender, Sept. 18 2013
K. Boedigheimer (Minnesota) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars cuisinart spb 600c smart power deluxe blender, Feb. 21 2013
This is a great blender. The wide base on the blender works very well as it is able to take a lot of material and blends well. I use it to puree soups and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blender, March 27 2011
I have had this blender for over a month now and have used it several times. I mostly use it to make smoothies. I have had no problems so far. It takes a while to crush the frozen fruit and I sometimes have to take the lid off and move the fruit around, but the blender is solid and does not 'walk' or move, even when doing tough jobs like crushing frozen fruit. It fits very compactly on my countertop and looks great! It comes apart and is easy to clean. I have bought cheap blenders before, and though this was pricier, I feel it is well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful choice!!!, March 18 2014
Honestly this blender,is the best thing since sliced bread. I love it so much,I use it to puree soups,make smoothies(from frozen fruit) and make other dishes as well. I especially love that its made out of glass and not plastic,so its very durable. Its easy to wash and stores well. I dont know about using a dishwasher because i personally prefer to rinse any blenders,juicers e.t.c by hand. The only thing is, you have to add some liquid first to the blender and break foods up a bit to get the blender started. The 'high',low or pulse buttons are handy. I would honestly recommend this blender to anyone. I have had it for more than 3months and so far no complaints. It is worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, Aug. 26 2013
They report that this product works well for smoothies with ice cubes. A bit of stirring was required but that's expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, June 17 2014
Pro: Very strong... grinds coffee too! A great device!

Con: For thicker foods, the blades don't grab the liquid as well as I thought and stops blending

3.0 out of 5 stars leaks, June 9 2014
my first use was liquefying asparagus for soup and the unit leaked. Haven't used it since. This is very disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars After two years of moderate use the plastic inside that makes the bowl turn already broke, June 9 2014
G. Virdi "Mads" (Canada) - See all my reviews
making the entire blender useless. I wonder if they really couldn't make it of more durable material. These blenders always break on minor parts like this.

1.0 out of 5 stars A total disappointment, May 16 2014
This blender disappointed on every level.

The capacity is relatively smaller than most blenders. The assembly is awkward and an absolute pain to clean -- the whole bottom comes apart, so you're dealing with a rubber gasket, motor and base that has to be re-assembled everytime after cleaning.

The lid is very hard to put on.

The blending function is poor - I used it to make several smoothies and found it very ineffective in blending frozen fruit. The smoothies ended up with large clumps ... a problem I never had with my 5 year old Kitchenaid model.

A terrible product... it's going back ASAP!

Cuisinart SPB-600C SmartPower Deluxe Blender (Die-Cast)
CDN$ 119.99 CDN$ 74.98