4.0 out of 5 stars Bought one for mon
I bought this one for my mom as a gift. It felt sturdy and well built. So far, there hasn't been any complaints.
Published on Nov. 2 2011 by J.W

Frozen fruit protein smoothies are a major part of my diet routine and on a low budget, I decided to try this blender.
I've had it for a bit over a year. The motor is powerful. It will crush a cup of frozen strawberries on low with no problem.
Published 4 months ago by books2shop2buy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought one for mon, Nov. 2 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart SPB-600C SmartPower Deluxe Blender (Die-Cast) (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars cuisinart spb 600c smart power deluxe blender, Feb. 21 2013
This is a great blender. The wide base on the blender works very well as it is able to take a lot of material and blends well. I use it to puree soups and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blender, March 27 2011
I have had this blender for over a month now and have used it several times. I mostly use it to make smoothies. I have had no problems so far. It takes a while to crush the frozen fruit and I sometimes have to take the lid off and move the fruit around, but the blender is solid and does not 'walk' or move, even when doing tough jobs like crushing frozen fruit. It fits very compactly on my countertop and looks great! It comes apart and is easy to clean. I have bought cheap blenders before, and though this was pricier, I feel it is well worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service, loud machine, poor blade, but, you get what you pay for., July 29 2014
But, after about a year, problems have recently developed. First, the blade is separate from the rubber seal, so you need to make sure the blade and seal are positioned with precision when attached to the glass pitcher. Twice, the rubber seal has been off slightly, and has been damaged by the blade as a result. Luckily when I contacted Cuisinart Canada, they sent me an extra seal upon my request. Just recently, a portion of the blade broke off while blending frozen fruit-yes I poured a smoothie into a glass and got a huge chunk of blade!! Not safe for children let alone adults. At that point, I simply did not trust the machine again, and have contacted Cuisinart to request a better machine with a willingness to pay the difference for a safer, better product. In addition to safety issues with the blade I have found the service to be quite unsatisfactory to say the least. It took a day to finally get through by telephone, only to be told by customer service that I should make the request by the email address that they show on their website, and that it cannot be dealt with by phone and to send photos of the damaged blade. Almost two weeks after my first email contact with photos, the service department has finally emailed a request to me to send them my address so they can send a label to have the whole machine assessed since they will not accept photos. I'm still without the uses of the blender and without a label. They have yet to even address my request to pay to upgrade for a better one. So point one: There is no technical help available by phone-you will wait in line to speak with a sales associate who seems unqualified to process repairs. Second point, you will wait weeks before they even initiate any assessment, and still be without the appliance. Cusinart does have the parts for their appliances, but the service is very slow. As for this machine, I think it is a very poor quality at only 600 watts and the low price reflects that. Fine for very soft foods, but inadequate for frozen foods or ice. The motor is very very noisy-fine if you don't have a tenant living below your kitchen! I was going to upgrade to a more expensive Cuisinart blender as well as their processor, but after this experience, and very mixed reviews for both appliances, I've decided to pay an extra cost and try a different company altogether-a 1000 watt Breville instead. (more on that will have to wait til it arrives). Just an update from July 29th: It's August 21st and my Cuisinart blender still remains at Cusinart after they requested to look at the base and the broken blade. Did purchase the Breville blender and the experience so far has been wonderful. See my full review under Breville blender.

5.0 out of 5 stars but that's fine by me as I like some texture to smoothies, Dec 14 2014
First of all, glass not plastic container - a big plus in my book. Second, very unique shape of bottom and blade position (blade is sunk down into smaller area and jar slopes to that) means it is extremely efficient at pulling food down into it - with a tiny bit of ordering things (softer stuff first) I virtually never have to push food down, something people with Vitamix blenders do a lot it seems. Crushes ice in seconds. Pulse works at all speeds, another plus. 3 year warranty another. A lot of blender for the money. Smoothies probably not as smooth as Vitamix, but that's fine by me as I like some texture to smoothies. I can't testify to longevity yet, but will change rating if it doesn't hold up long term.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful choice!!!, March 18 2014
Honestly this blender,is the best thing since sliced bread. I love it so much,I use it to puree soups,make smoothies(from frozen fruit) and make other dishes as well. I especially love that its made out of glass and not plastic,so its very durable. Its easy to wash and stores well. I dont know about using a dishwasher because i personally prefer to rinse any blenders,juicers e.t.c by hand. The only thing is, you have to add some liquid first to the blender and break foods up a bit to get the blender started. The 'high',low or pulse buttons are handy. I would honestly recommend this blender to anyone. I have had it for more than 3months and so far no complaints. It is worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, Aug. 26 2013
They report that this product works well for smoothies with ice cubes. A bit of stirring was required but that's expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, June 17 2014
Pro: Very strong... grinds coffee too! A great device!

Con: For thicker foods, the blades don't grab the liquid as well as I thought and stops blending

3.0 out of 5 stars leaks, June 9 2014
my first use was liquefying asparagus for soup and the unit leaked. Haven't used it since. This is very disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars After two years of moderate use the plastic inside that makes the bowl turn already broke, June 9 2014
G. Virdi "Mads" (Canada) - See all my reviews
making the entire blender useless. I wonder if they really couldn't make it of more durable material. These blenders always break on minor parts like this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Cuisinart SPB-600C SmartPower Deluxe Blender (Die-Cast)
CDN$ 119.99 CDN$ 84.99